The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Software update

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:42 PM
Reaction score
Not so at INEOS. A 'case' must first be opened there. Then it is judged (by INEOS, from a distance!) whether it is a warranty case or not. As if the workshop master were too stupid to be able to judge such penny decisions himself.

But that takes at least a week. By the time the matter is settled, two weeks have passed with the delivery of the parts and all the administrative fuss.
Agreed on this, it needs to be speeded up a bit.

Fab

Grenadier Owner
Local time
11:42 PM
Reaction score
Well you say that, and I did the same, mine $127k would now be about $150k but at the time we ordered we were assuming FBT which would have made mine around $147k it’s easy to forget now, but we did sign up to potentially those prices, was always hopeful they might get the exemption but it wasn’t a fait accompli
¿FBT?

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I am convinced that it will be worthwhile for INEOS if they nominate one or two people to publicly discuss topics with us here in the forum, e.g. in special threads. The condition for all of us would be that we address things objectively there and also only have meaningful discussions. But that could be difficult with the number of people.
It would be worth a try.

So INEOS guys, think about it. Maybe it will actually be a win-win situation for both of us!
I think it is a splendid idea and would indeed be a win win. Many of us have exactly the same questions, and contact their dealers separately or the "ineffective" Customer Service one by one.
If we get a decent official answer here, we wouldn't bother our dealers or the Customer Service that often.
It would also attract more people on the forum, if they knew there were official answers here!
Therefore again putting less of a burden on dealers or the Customer Service.

The customer Service has no implicit objective of "self learning" in my opinion, and that is also a big mistake! All the questions I had, they or:
  • told me to contact my dealer, or
  • gave me e-mail addresses of other persons within Ineos or dealers to get an answer.
This way the Customer Service will never learn and improve their global knowledge.

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
10:42 PM
Reaction score
I think it is a splendid idea and would indeed be a win win. Many of us have exactly the same questions, and contact their dealers separately or the "ineffective" Customer Service one by one.
If we get a decent official answer here, we wouldn't bother our dealers or the Customer Service that often.
It would also attract more people on the forum, if they knew there were official answers here!
Therefore again putting less of a burden on dealers or the Customer Service.

The customer Service has no implicit objective of "self learning" in my opinion, and that is also a big mistake! All the questions I had, they or:
  • told me to contact my dealer, or
  • gave me e-mail addresses of other persons within Ineos or dealers to get an answer.
This way the Customer Service will never learn and improve their global knowledge.
A dedicated relayed message to the IA team could be effective. A single voice requesting answers will get nothing of value. 20 people screaming is a different story.

Farglebah

Grenadier Owner
Local time
7:42 AM
Reaction score
Expand on your thoughts of what is “silly” please.
Fair question. I guess I’m just wondering whether we’re staying tethered to reality with some of our expectations. I agree with almost everything everyone is saying but Ineos are not making some bespoke vehicle that fits my personal needs exactly. Even in this first year, I’m only one of many thousands of customers. I am guilty of expecting exactly what I want but maybe I’m being a little “silly“ about the exactly bit.

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
5:42 PM
Reaction score
Fair question. I guess I’m just wondering whether we’re staying tethered to reality with some of our expectations. I agree with almost everything everyone is saying but Ineos are not making some bespoke vehicle that fits my personal needs exactly. Even in this first year, I’m only one of many thousands of customers. I am guilty of expecting exactly what I want but maybe I’m being a little “silly“ about the exactly bit.

I don’t think anyone is expecting the vehicle to be all things to all men, however it is reasonable to expect it to be fairly major fault free, which in general it is for most customers.

For those with niggles or more serious problems the sticking point seems to be the lack of care, communication and action that IA seem to have.

I just tried to fill out a customer service enquiry form about my elusive jacket, a massive FAIL, it won’t send. So like IA that system doesn’t work very well does it.

I will be honest and say they are starting to make JLR customer service look top notch. I have said it before, wait for a customer service survey to be published. I think it will be a race to the bottom for IA and JLR and I can see IA winning (or should that be losing)

Farglebah

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I don’t think anyone is expecting the vehicle to be all things to all men, however it is reasonable to expect it to be fairly major fault free, which in general it is for most customers.

For those with niggles or more serious problems the sticking point seems to be the lack of care, communication and action that IA seem to have.

I just tried to fill out a customer service enquiry form about my elusive jacket, a massive FAIL, it won’t send. So like IA that system doesn’t work very well does it.

I will be honest and say they are starting to make JLR customer service look top notch. I have said it before, wait for a customer service survey to be published. I think it will be a race to the bottom for IA and JLR and I can see IA winning (or should that be losing)
You’re 100% right. So opt out. But, if you think whining is going to make a difference, you’re probably going to be disappointed.

Everyone knows they’re not perfect, but let’s get on with supporting each other to get the best out of this unique opportunity. Shite mate, I like almost all your posts and I agree with staying real, but I just want to stay positive.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
but I just want to stay positive.
You're free to do so.

But don't expect others to silently accept every ignorance from INEOS.

If this feels too negative for you, I recommend to not read the postings or ignore what you've read.

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
5:42 PM
Reaction score
You’re 100% right. So opt out. But, if you think whining is going to make a difference, you’re probably going to be disappointed.

Everyone knows they’re not perfect, but let’s get on with supporting each other to get the best out of this unique opportunity. Shite mate, I like almost all your posts and I agree with staying real, but I just want to stay positive.

You should probably look at my banner that says “owner”so it’s a bit late to opt out, as I am already many thousands of pound IN.

I am not decrying the vehicle per se. I am calling out IA for what they are at this time. Sub standard to where they should be. Hopefully this will change, but it’s hard to remain positive and upbeat when there is very little sign (IMO) of them getting any better as a whole.

Again, as I have said on here before, they have a good vehicle on their hands, however they also seem to be doing an excellent job of sabotaging their own product.

In my case I have had problems at every stage, and that started at trying to order an IG and carried on from there. I would suggest if anyone thinks I am not being positive enough or should shut up, then they need a software update.

255/85

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
2:42 PM
Reaction score
My early order is AUD$121K (Fieldmaster base) and that would now cost AUD$143K and would have to be Utility or Trialmaster based.
AUD$121K was a stretch for me to justify so I would be out if had to order now.

Your $121K AUD corresponds to very closely to what we are now expecting to pay stateside for a very spartan build. Basically color choice and lockers. If any real issues - other than the subjective ones I've mentioned elsewhere - show up before purchase it would be extremely tough to justify pulling the trigger - not with the intermittent and questionable support many new owners have received.

Going forward, and once all the early adopters/risk takers/enthusiasts have been taken care of, Ineos needs the "man on the street" to feel absolutely confident when they walk through the showroom door. No business is perfect but there can't be any uncertainty about what people are buying or the service model that comes with it. Everything Ineos does between now and US/CA deliveries to rectify problems and issues experienced by the early adopters will be money in their bank account. I really hope it comes together.

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
In my case I have had problems at every stage, and that started at trying to order an IG and carried on from there. I would suggest if anyone thinks I am not being positive enough or should shut up, then they need a software update.
Same here, it even begun when I made my first deposit of 450 € on September 30, 2021: payment was credited from my card, but no reservation into my account.
Only one month later, after trying to reach customer service to no avail, I got my problem solved by contacting higher management.
And it didn't stop there!
At every stage.
And going on, not always due to Ineos, sometimes due to my dealer.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Same here, it even begun when I made my first deposit of 450 € on September 30, 2021: payment was credited from my card, but no reservation into my account.
Only one month later, after trying to reach customer service to no avail, I got my problem solved by contacting higher management.
And it didn't stop there!
At every stage.
And going on, not always due to Ineos, sometimes due to my dealer.
Have you considered that there seems to be one constant factor in all this.
YOU speak to a lot of different people and they all seem to react the same way>
Maybe they think you are Dutch.

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Have you considered that there seems to be one constant factor in all this.
YOU speak to a lot of different people and they all seem to react the same way>
Maybe they think you are Dutch.
Yes, definitely, my name sounds very Dutch :devilish: , soooo Dutch that a wine seller of my Dutch speaking village phoned me and tried to convince my wife (who picked up the phone) in French, to accept an invitation for a wine tasting evening.
My wife isn't French speaking, but she noticed the guy was a Dutch speaking Flemish. :ROFLMAO:

Back
Top Bottom