The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Software update

JOB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
1:30 AM
Reaction score
Will a visit to the Settings page enable you to reset to RHD?
I don't think so, because 1) why would that function ever be required as you can't change the drive side of the vehicle and 2) The whole screen has not swapped, the instruments are overlaid on the Apple CarPlay screen - in fact if you touch the screen over the speedo, you can still change between apps. Also, why has the rev counter swapped from my diesel rev counter to a petrol one with 7k rpm maximum?

Trialmaster

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I don't think so, because 1) why would that function ever be required as you can't change the drive side of the vehicle and 2) The whole screen has not swapped, the instruments are overlaid on the Apple CarPlay screen - in fact if you touch the screen over the speedo, you can still change between apps. Also, why has the rev counter swapped from my diesel rev counter to a petrol one with 7k rpm maximum?
Hard reset to the computer.

Reactions: JOB

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I doubt Ineos will be as candid about the faults with the Grenadier.
You can but ask.

It is after all now your vehicle so the full service/repair history should be available to you, especially relevant, I would think, to your forthcoming trip?

Trialmaster

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Still - nothing “official” from Ineos regarding updating the vehicles software.

Rumour from my agent is mid-September.

I am surprised how tolerant owners are of the current major shortfalls. Maybe, because we can’t do much about it - except complain.

If I had known it would have taken 3 months - I would not have taken delivery!

Local time
10:30 AM
Reaction score
I am surprised how tolerant owners are of the current major shortfalls. Maybe, because we can’t do much about it - except complain.

Ineos is probably surprised owners aren't marching with placards outside the pub. 😉

Maybe they're relying on the early adopters 'investment' in the story to 'hold the line' but it's starting to wear thin. You can feel the resentment building on the forum and Ineos would be watching and monitoring.
I don't see the update as a magic bullet so there could be some pretty upset owners who are hanging their hat on it to fix their particular issues. Ineos are not doing themselves any favours by casting us adrift with their silence and pivoting from direct contact to hiding behind the dealers and call centre.

Last edited:
Local time
5:30 PM
Reaction score
Ineos is probably surprised owners are not marching with placards outside the pub. 😉

Maybe they're relying on the early adopters 'investment' in the story to hold the line but it's starting to wear thin. You can feel the resentment building on the forum and Ineos would be watching and monitoring.
I don't see the update as a magic bullet so there could be some pretty upset owners who are hanging their hat on it to fix their particular issues. Ineos are not doing themselves any favours by casting us adrift with their silence and pivoting from direct contact to hiding behind the dealers.
Knowing what you know now, would you buy. it again?

Orcmurd

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I’ve been driving my Greny for about 10 weeks now and have done about 2,500 miles in it. When I picked it up and first experienced the various bongs, I was impatient for the software update. However having lived with the Greny, I’m content to wait as I find the odd bong a bit of a niggle and not something that significantly impacts my day to day experience.

Local time
5:30 PM
Reaction score
I’ve been driving my Greny for about 10 weeks now and have done about 2,500 miles in it. When I picked it up and first experienced the various bongs, I was impatient for the software update. However having lived with the Greny, I’m content to wait as I find the odd bong a bit of a niggle and not something that significantly impacts my day to day experience.
Wouldn’t it all fall under the lemon laws? Not sure how they can deliver vehicles knowing there are issues. I’m still patiently awaiting mine, just hoping it all gets cleared up.

Orcmurd

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Before I took delivery I fixated about all the ’issues’ ie large foot rest/hump, wipers that didn’t clear all of the screen, bongs on startup etc. However now owning the wagon, none of these things actually worry me significantly. This is a vehicle with character, a modern Defender 110. If you want a sterile, perfect out of the box wagon, then this isn’t it. Not sure there is such a thing.

The Grenadier is like your child or dog, not perfect but you can see past the flaws and love it for what it is.

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Still - nothing “official” from Ineos regarding updating the vehicles software.

Rumour from my agent is mid-September.

Hi Trialmaster
Have you got some major issues with yours?

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Ineos is probably surprised owners are not marching with placards outside the pub. 😉

Maybe they're relying on the early adopters 'investment' in the story to hold the line but it's starting to wear thin. You can feel the resentment building on the forum and Ineos would be watching and monitoring.
I don't see the update as a magic bullet so there could be some pretty upset owners who are hanging their hat on it to fix their particular issues. Ineos are not doing themselves any favours by casting us adrift with their silence and pivoting from direct contact to hiding behind the dealers.
Hi Mark
Not sure what 'holding the line' is referring to with reference to the Grenadier. I am looking forward to my software update like anyone else but more to see what it actually does. Most of my false warnings have now disappeared. I want some things improved but if Ineos don't come up to the mark, Im sure there will be a third party alternative. Overall I think the Grenadier is fantastic. No complaints here, along with probably 90% of the readership.

Trialmaster

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Hi Trialmaster
Have you got some major issues with yours?

No more than any one else. However, I don't think it is acceptable not to know when an upgrade is forthcoming. We all accepted delivery so that sales could be made and now we are ignored. Otherwise happy with it, but never experienced a new vehicle with flaws like this.

gkhaldi

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:30 AM
Reaction score
No more than any one else. However, I don't think it is acceptable not to know when an upgrade is forthcoming. We all accepted delivery so that sales could be made and now we are ignored. Otherwise happy with it, but never experienced a new vehicle with flaws like this.
Ineos needed the cash. In one of the interviews with Sir R, he mentioned that on two occasions they were thinking about pulling the plug. Now it’s no excuse to not deliver proper support but I just think they precipitated deliveries to get cash in and have a larger « testing « base.

Now like most of you, I haven’t had any issues that prevented me from driving the IG. The airco not working was a bummer but got resolved the same day. Other than that no more issues. Would I buy it again knowing what I know now? Resolutely YES. There’s nothing out there that speaks to me like the IG. Not too posh, solid and I don’t mind a scratch or a ding. Adds to its character. 🤭

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
So I take it that if you had your time again, you wouldn't purchase this vehicle?
Just trying to gauge how tiring the issues actually are. I was assuming that a brand new vehicle from a brand new factory would not be without a few teething problems. Perhaps I was being a bit stupid but overall I wouldn't sell my Grenadier if you offered me the updated price. I had the usual issues with false warnings and dodgy reversing sensors but other than that, nothing. Warning have died right down as the mileage has increased.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Software niggles are one thing when it means spurious (hopefully) error messages but let's not forget that having paid a four figure sum for the option that included the NATO socket, it's been delivered non-functioning.

Not only that but nobody mentioned it was non-functioning, indeed I was expressly told my vehicle was fully functional, and we've had to find this out for ourselves.

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Ineos needed the cash. In one of the interviews with Sir R, he mentioned that on two occasions they were thinking about pulling the plug. Now it’s no excuse to not deliver proper support but I just think they precipitated deliveries to get cash in and have a larger « testing « base.

Now like most of you, I haven’t had any issues that prevented me from driving the IG. The airco not working was a bummer but got resolved the same day. Other than that no more issues. Would I buy it again knowing what I know now? Resolutely YES. There’s nothing out there that speaks to me like the IG. Not too posh, solid and I don’t mind a scratch or a ding. Adds to its character. 🤭
I'm with you on much of what you say.
The customer service is pants but the car provides exactly what I am looking for.
It has to be a bit of a 'Catch 22'. You spend £1.5 billion getting it on the road, you need to get things rolling. The product is essentially very sound and for the price I have paid, no issues with being a guinea pig provided the problems aren't major and I have a 5 year, unlimited mileage warranty.

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Software niggles are one thing when it means spurious (hopefully) error messages but let's not forget that having paid a four figure sum for the option that included the NATO socket, it's been delivered non-functioning.

Not only that but nobody mentioned it was non-functioning, indeed I was expressly told my vehicle was fully functional, and we've had to find this out for ourselves.
Fully agree. I felt concerned for our colleague who broke down in the woods as Ineos did not provide proper instructions on how the power system is set up. From the start, the major failure has been that of communication. If it wasn't for this particular forum I can imagine a lot more people losing faith in what they had purchased.

acwiltshire

Grenadier Owner
Local time
8:30 PM
Reaction score
Knowing what you know now, would you buy. it again?
Ordered on day one 2022 and received 10th May 2023 . Fieldmaster diesel. 1800 mles now all usual niggles and some things like door seals have pissed me off. BUT
Never had such a capable feeling from the 'bespoke' suit that you put on when you climb aboard.
"On road or off road today Sir ?"
Sure i'd buy again

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
It has to be a bit of a 'Catch 22'. You spend £1.5 billion getting it on the road, you need to get things rolling.
Not what JLR did with investment in the new then cancelled Jag; nor Dyson with his electric car.

These figures are not big when it comes to automotive investment.

Back
Top Bottom