The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Software update

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:41 AM
Reaction score
The service agent at Harwoods has tried hard and been communicating regularly to his credit but out of his hands as Ineos has contracted the AA to cover breakdowns during the two year free recovery period

Gwynne

Forum Donor
Local time
8:41 PM
Reaction score
So my dealer, JT Hughes, had their software or hardware upgraded on Monday - but this was just so that the software upgrade we’ve all been waiting for could be installed by the dealer. Still no reliable estimate on when the vehicle’s software will be released. IG’s communication is appalling.

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
How did it all go with collection in the end?

And more importantly the steering issue?
Well it ended up getting collected 4days later on Friday June 12th as I had to go to work and couldn’t wait any longer. It’s still in the workshop now. No idea what they have found or done to it, other than fitting a roof rack . Hopefully going through it with a fine tooth comb as we deliver to Rotterdam on 26th July for shipping to Cape Town. All being well I may be able to collect tomorrow 🤞🏼

Krabby

Global Grenadier 76
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:41 PM
Reaction score
No call to discuss though?

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
If it was a serious problem I doubt they will elaborate too much. Just fix it it keep it under wraps and learn from it is my guess. Anyway I’ll be very surprised if I have much to update about other than actually getting it back.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
If it was a serious problem I doubt they will elaborate too much. Just fix it it keep it under wraps and learn from it is my guess. Anyway I’ll be very surprised if I have much to update about other than actually getting it back.
With various vehicles under warranty I used to ask to see the job cards detailing the work undertaken. It was sometimes illuminating to see what they were claiming for (parts & labour) versus what I had been verbally briefed beforehand they were doing.

My old Defender was having the fuel tank replaced after inspection for a fuel leak. It was definitive the service advisor told me over the phone, the fuel tank had been taken out and the source of the leak confirmed; only for the job card to say a breather pipe had been replaced.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
10:41 AM
Reaction score
With various vehicles under warranty I used to ask to see the job cards detailing the work undertaken. It was sometimes illuminating to see what they were claiming for (parts & labour) versus what I had been verbally briefed beforehand they were doing.

My old Defender was having the fuel tank replaced after inspection for a fuel leak. It was definitive the service advisor told me over the phone, the fuel tank had been taken out and the source of the leak confirmed; only for the job card to say a breather pipe had been replaced.
I dare you to ask for an operation report from a surgeon.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score

I took over as Victoria/Tasmania state manager of a French company called Legrand Electrical back in 1994 and they were having 5 company cars serviced every month at huge expense.
On the account was a small amount of $5 for miscellaneous expenses.
I asked what it related to and they couldn't tell me.
They were charging for soap, rags, window washer filler and workshop supplies.
I asked the manager if he would accept a charge on his grocery bill for miscellaneous expenses and he said no.
So I got every bill for the previous 5 years, for all 5 cars and claimed a credit.

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I dare you to ask for an operation report from a surgeon.
But surgeons and health service providers do have a duty of candour. I had stomach surgery last November that went wrong and the surgical team were very candid about what went wrong. I doubt Ineos will be as candid about the faults with the Grenadier.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
But surgeons and health service providers do have a duty of candour. I had stomach surgery last November that went wrong and the surgical team were very candid about what went wrong. I doubt Ineos will be as candid about the faults with the Grenadier.
In modern times , early open disclosure is strongly recommended by medical insurers.

JOB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
A new one on me this morning while on manoeuvres, the Grenadier decided that it wasn’t comfortable in its identity and ‘transitioned’ to a LHD petrol model with KMH instrumentation. Has anyone else had this particular Grenlin appear yet?

Aside from this, a number of us have now driven the Grenadier and are very happy with it. The steering is still a talking point, it definitely needs a wheel alignment, but aside from that 99% of the other error messages have subsided and the battery is remaining at near full charge.

IMG_5068.jpegIMG_5068.jpeg

Last edited:

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
A new one on me this morning while on manoeuvres, the Grenadier decided that it wasn’t comfortable in its identity and ‘transitioned’ to a LHD petrol model with KMH instrumentation. Has anyone else had this particular Grenlin appear yet?

Aside from this, a number of us have now driven the Grenadier and are very happy with it. The steering is still a talking point, it definitely needs a wheel alignment, but aside from that 99% of the other error messages have subsided and the battery is remaining at near full charge.

View attachment 7818164View attachment 7818164
Will a visit to the Settings page enable you to reset to RHD?

Back
Top Bottom