The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Software update

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:31 AM
Reaction score
Could also be drawing air in somewhere. Loose hose clip on the suction side?
Another issue is the suction side hose could collapse under load and then spring back once the demand is released. This could make it hard to spot.
I was going straight at all times that the message came up and the steering went tight, if that helps diagnose the problem. Also going slow luckily👍🏼

Tom D

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I was going straight at all times that the message came up and the steering went tight, if that helps diagnose the problem. Also going slow luckily👍🏼
It’s pretty concerning. I don’t want that happening to my wife and kids.
There are 3 main possibilities I think :
1. The belt that drives the pump has slipped or broken.
2. There is a restriction in the oil flow somewhere or air getting in.
3. A mechanical failure of the pump or the box.

I’d guess it’s no2 but who knows.
The strange noises reported by others suggest that there might be something in this. If the pump is struggling to draw fluid or is drawing air it will definitely make a sound. And if it’s pumping foam it will be noticeable.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
10:31 AM
Reaction score
Is there an idler pulley on that belt?

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
10:31 AM
Reaction score
The Penzance to Paddington train has just abruptly braked and stopped as we started pulling out of Reading station.
The driver is "attending to a software problem affecting the automatic brakes"...
Just told it's something to do with the power supply to platforms 10 and 11...

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The Penzance to Paddington train has just abruptly braked and stopped as we started pulling out of Reading station.
The driver is "attending to a software problem affecting the automatic brakes"...
Just told it's something to do with the power supply to platforms 10 and 11...
It’s Reading someone has probably nicked the cables 😳

beg

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Were you getting power steering red warning on big screen or small one

PBD

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
It’s Reading someone has probably nicked the cables 😳
Like me ,you seem to be having more than the average problems. I have just driven 100 miles back from hols with the caravan . All the way back I have been getting warnings one of them is new and in blue, "gearbox in neutral", after about ten seconds it changes to "vehicle ready to drive".
Followed by the tpms tyres over pressure warning, the every so often three loud "bongs" like when you turn the ignition on. Drove all the way home like that :mad:
Ineos saying that this car is fit for the road is a joke!

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Like me ,you seem to be having more than the average problems. I have just driven 100 miles back from hols with the caravan . All the way back I have been getting warnings one of them is new and in blue, "gearbox in neutral", after about ten seconds it changes to "vehicle ready to drive".
Followed by the tpms tyres over pressure warning, the every so often three loud "bongs" like when you turn the ignition on. Drove all the way home like that :mad:
Ineos saying that this car is fit for the road is a joke!
Have you tried shifting into low ratio then back into high ? I was getting gearbox in neutral warnings at one point and this seemed to fix.

• Haha
Reactions: PBD

PBD

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Big screen
No mate, I am waiting for ineos to suggest standing on one leg, waiving one hand in the air and turning the ignition on and off ten times! They haven't a clue how to fix it. Seven days since Tom Johnson said ineos, along with the "retailer" JT Hughes were urgently investigating my complaints and trying to fix them.
As usual no further communication from them or return of calls. Disgraceful customer service really. I love the car, but it has been released too early and is just not road worthy. :(

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
No mate, I am waiting for ineos to suggest standing on one leg, waiving one hand in the air and turning the ignition on and off ten times! They haven't a clue how to fix it. Seven days since Tom Johnson said ineos, along with the "retailer" JT Hughes were urgently investigating my complaints and trying to fix them.
As usual no further communication from them or return of calls. Disgraceful customer service really. I love the car, but it has been released too early and is just not road worthy. :(
Sorry for that. I trust mine is an easier fix although if it’s intermittent it may be difficult to diagnose.

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Interesting phone call this morning regarding my power steering error code. I phoned Ineos assistance at the AA as requested by my dealer to get the vehicle shipped back to Harwoods. After telling the lady what make of car I have she said she would have to refer my case to Jaguar Landrover as she hadn’t heard of this model 😂😂. Then they sent a technician out to see if the vehicle was safe to drive even though I said I wouldn’t drive until the fault which is intermittent was fixed as steering goes solid when the fault occurs. The AA technician could not read information from the OBD2 port anyway as didn’t have the Ineos software. Now awaiting a flatbed to pick the vehicle up and take to the dealers. On a positive note I prefer to have the problems ironed out in the U.K. than get faults in the middle of the African bush later in the year.

Gwynne

Forum Donor
Local time
8:31 PM
Reaction score
Interesting phone call this morning regarding my power steering error code. I phoned Ineos assistance at the AA as requested by my dealer to get the vehicle shipped back to Harwoods. After telling the lady what make of car I have she said she would have to refer my case to Jaguar Landrover as she hadn’t heard of this model 😂😂. Then they sent a technician out to see if the vehicle was safe to drive even though I said I wouldn’t drive until the fault which is intermittent was fixed as steering goes solid when the fault occurs. The AA technician could not read information from the OBD2 port anyway as didn’t have the Ineos software. Now awaiting a flatbed to pick the vehicle up and take to the dealers. On a positive note I prefer to have the problems ironed out in the U.K. than get faults in the middle of the African bush later in the year.
Hi there.

Last week JT Hughes advised me that a software update was being released today, 12 June. I hope this fixes your issues, please keep us posted.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score

Gwynne

Forum Donor
Local time
8:31 PM
Reaction score
Hi there.

Last week JT Hughes advised me that a software update was being released today, 12 June. I hope this fixes your issues, please keep us posted.

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
So after waiting in all day for the AA to come and collect my vehicle. I had a call at 1610hrs from the AA to say the recovery truck is 20 minutes away. After 10 minutes a third party contractor who was working on behalf of the AA called to say they can’t make it today and would collect tomorrow 🤬🤬🤬. WTF.

Harwoods have tried to help sort things but what a balls up. Now off to work not home till Friday. And Grenadier will not be getting planned work done on Thursday for roof rack etc. Just hope the AA who market themselves as the fourth emergency service can collect it Friday afternoon 🤔

Trialmaster

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
So after waiting in all day for the AA to come and collect my vehicle. I had a call at 1610hrs from the AA to say the recovery truck is 20 minutes away. After 10 minutes a third party contractor who was working on behalf of the AA called to say they can’t make it today and would collect tomorrow 🤬🤬🤬. WTF.

Harwoods have tried to help sort things but what a balls up. Now off to work not home till Friday. And Grenadier will not be getting planned work done on Thursday for roof rack etc. Just hope the AA who market themselves as the fourth emergency service can collect it Friday afternoon 🤔
My daughter had exactly the same situation on recovery. She was supposed to be recovered from London to Lincs. At 11pm they dumped her and her car in a service station after being collected at 9pm (she waited all day for this). Why because the driver couldn't leave the area and then next driver collected her at 9am. She had to sort out a room ect. AA is another broken company, what a waste of your time @Logsplitter

Personally Harwood's/Ineos should sort this.

Back
Top Bottom