The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Side Runners or Rock Sliders?

Pat-Ard

Global Grenadier #00520
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:52 AM
Reaction score
What do you think of this? It‘s a RHD…
Those mounting points at the a pillar…
11CF37D5-752F-45E4-8293-60C6041E0E41.jpeg

MileHigh

That Guy
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:52 PM
Reaction score
I want to go for a rock slider but I don‘t like the Ineos one that I so far only have seen on pictures. So I wait for the moment and hope for alternatives from the aftermarket.
What don’t you like about them?

Krabby

Global Grenadier 76
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:52 PM
Reaction score
I took these pictures this week.
The side steps look like they hang down low but are above the chassis rails and suspension/steering components
They also look like they stick out a lot but the second shot is taken from directly above.

View attachment 7803406View attachment 7803407
@DaveB - I see from your sig that you've spec'd the runners. Having now seen what you've photographed, are you confident in your decision?

Alex7

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
What don’t you like about them?
I don‘t like the overhang of this double tube ladder design. It makes it even worse to get into the car and not getting dirty legs. I would prefer a slimmer design to have the sills protected. Something like this…

Attachments

• B58A7567-70EC-40F2-9C05-5D498BD1C017.png
    B58A7567-70EC-40F2-9C05-5D498BD1C017.png
    2.6 MB · Views: 72

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
9:52 AM
Reaction score
I don‘t like the overhang of this double tube ladder design. It makes it even worse to get into the car and not getting dirty legs.
Mark my words it will become "sidestepgate" for the city opera goers, some of whom are short arsed journos.

Hannes01

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I need sidesteps for my wife and myself.
the age took his price!
and I like the way IA designed them, not so wide closed drawers on which all the dirt stays

Deepblue

#00274 - Swiss Vehicle (SD1-1/63)
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I had to have the girly side runners so smaller parts of my family could get in.

Oh, and so I didn’t get mud on my dress.
Had to read your post twice - First read you plan side step on the girl‘s side of car and slider on your driver side … 🤭

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
@DaveB - I see from your sig that you've spec'd the runners. Having now seen what you've photographed, are you confident in your decision?
More confident now than I was before
Getting in and out is so much easier with them
As there are no grab handles on 3 of the entries I reached up and grabbed the bars on the roof, then stepped up onto the side runner.
That made it really easy to just move sideways into the vehicle.
It also made it easy to access the roof rack and just look around.
As we will be putting my wifes paddleboard on the roof often it will be essential to making that easy

OzyGrenie

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Side steps for me.

For some of my passengers, Defender 110 entry/egress was difficult/undignified without them...

Also I try to pick routes/lines that avoid damage to the car... but I know some enjoy seeking this stuff out
Sometimes you may not get a choice if you wish to utilise or enjoy some of the key capabilities.

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:52 AM
Reaction score
These warnings are mandatory. Just went down looking at Disco Sport . the same warning in A -Pillar. Definitely not a place to mount a grab handle.
As the Grenadiers A- pillar is far more steep / upright I could think of an Airbag mounted there is "senseless" - It should be in the event of need in an area where persons need to be protected.
Air bags deploy in different ways and in different directions, 200 series Toyota's have handles in the A pillars and the side airbags are deployed in a downward motion along with the seat bags. I think the IG may be the same but that is a guess.

Attachments

• index.32.jpg
    index.32.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 37

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:52 AM
Reaction score
I don‘t like the overhang of this double tube ladder design. It makes it even worse to get into the car and not getting dirty legs. I would prefer a slimmer design to have the sills protected. Something like this…
The only issue I can see with those is that they are close to or indeed on the body, so any contact with the ground with impact the bodywork

Back
Top Bottom