The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Australasia Electric Side Steps

Chook

Grenadier Owner
Local time
8:25 AM
Reaction score
Ah, you're a CHAMPION!!!

For those installing the electric steps into a RHD vehicle, the above white/green socket can be found in the front passenger footwell attached to a side panel.

View attachment 7867279
Thanks for sharing. Is it Plug/N/Play (I have ordered mine but looks like I will only have 1 day to fit it before I head north from BNE to Double Island Point)

Chook

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I just wanted to chime in here. I purchased the Electric Side Steps from Summer auto parts, The communication was all through Whatsapp and they couldn't be more helpful. Cost was $1200 with shipping to NY and they were here in about a 7-10 days. I just got done installing them this past weekend and I have to say I am very impressed with the quality - they look and work fantastic. While the instructions are pretty bad, the pictures and comments from the forum here definitely helped with the install. One tip I will give here is I reused most of the rubber gaskets by cutting a hole in the middle and shaving the backside so they sit flush on the inside where the bolts are - see below. I only used the plastic card on each side of the motor mount since you basically need to drill out that plastic piece in order to place the bolt in there. I did use some silicone to seal here. Overall its a great product and I would highly recommend them.
Must say I had the exact same experience with Summer Auto Parts they were really easy to deal with. My steps shipped yesterday (new version with LED Light Strips) just wondering how long would the install take for a first timer? (I only have one full day before I leave on a trip but don't want to start the install unless I have enough time to complete it)

bakepl

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:25 PM
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing. Is it Plug/N/Play (I have ordered mine but looks like I will only have 1 day to fit it before I head north from BNE to Double Island Point)
Yes, is now plug n play. Give yourself 3 or 4 hours I guess to fit. Suggest laying everything out and read the info here. I used the supplied plastic strips and no silicone. See how it goes. Hopefully yours is set up for RHD. If not easy fix via the app (and if needed direct conversation with summer auto who were very helpful)

Chook

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Got mine mounted. First step took a while because I didn’t know how many shims I needed. I’d like to believe that all the trucks are the same. So for the next person installing, after back and forth I used one shim for each of the bolts on the fronts of the brackets. Backs don’t need any.
Hey Adam......Did the shims come included or did you need to make/source them yourself ??

Chook

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Summer Auto Parts sent me this image which was missing from section 6.1 of the installation manual (@bakepl posted the manual in resources section already) :)

Attachments

• ECU Photo.jpg
    ECU Photo.jpg
    117.4 KB · Views: 7
Back
Top Bottom