The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Sick of waiting

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:40 AM
Reaction score
For those here in UK awaiting an estimated build date; Ineos just emailed to say 'that will be forthcoming after you receive a contract'.

Again I am better informed but none the wiser!

Think I may name my Grenny 'The Scarlet (Sela Green) Pimpernell'

Greasemonkey

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:40 AM
Reaction score
During our test drive in Cologne in February 22, the test driver told us that there had been problems with the Tremec reduction gears. Too tight manufacturing tolerances caused noise in the gears. However, this problem has been resolved. Really ?

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
For those here in UK awaiting an estimated build date; Ineos just emailed to say 'that will be forthcoming after you receive a contract'.

Again I am better informed but none the wiser!

Think I may name my Grenny 'The Scarlet (Sela Green) Pimpernell'
Which begs the question when are the contracts coming

klarie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
During our test drive in Cologne in February 22, the test driver told us that there had been problems with the Tremec reduction gears. Too tight manufacturing tolerances caused noise in the gears. However, this problem has been resolved. Really ?
I wonder why less tolerance - means more precise indeed causes noise. If tolerance in measures were too high I would have understood.

But I assume the cause is rather this:
Not enough sliding space between wheel-cogs for oil film between when cogs slide along may cause the noice plus more wear on cogs.

JonSutton

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Which begs the question when are the contracts coming
Contract arrived yesterday, ordered day 1 in May with an early reservation. All looks in order though the contract does have some odd wording for a vehicle purchase. It is silent on delivery date and title does not pass to the buyer upon full payment which is a little strange given that you are asked to pay in full upon arrival of the vehicle in the UK.
Doesn’t worry me though.

Ever Pragmatic

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
@Shaky, FAITH? I only believe what I see. Even if 1000 people get their Grenadier, I will only believe that Ineos is a car builder when I see a Grenadier at my house. 🙏
  • and, nobody is allowed to park his Grenadier in my street 🚫, this is - for the time being - forbidden!. Until I get mine. :devilish:
Concerning the transfer case:
  • some transfer cases are heating up in an abnormal way (I don't know more than that).
  • Ineos technicians are driving the car in low gear during about 18 km (29 miles), that's the distance that was incremented on my ODO meter since the delivery. My dealer told me my transfer case is OK.
  • @Ever Pragmatic : I hope the test is successful, otherwise indeed, ... another waiting time . :mad:, fingers crossed 🤞
My dealer is NOT proactive in communicating stuff to me, but I have luck, due to my job I drive by usually more than one time per week at some 100 m from his door, and sometimes he tells me "something" or I discover "something". That's why I jump in so often. This week no assignments yet in his neighborhood, because I planned vacation, but I already accepted a work assignment on Wednesday at another location. I hope he (the dealer) calls me tomorrow, but I am already hoping this every day since two months. :ROFLMAO: :cry:
@Jean Mercier mine has got 30 miles on it already, so will be closer to 70 after the technical drive on Thursday.. perhaps they’ll send me a message and tell me how it drives…! Living the dream…

Local time
Reaction score
Disaster strikes.
Contract has arrived - at last - BUT . . . . . .
The Grenadier no longer has the 1 tonne payload Ineos made so much of way back when.
As a result it doesn't meet the Car Derived Van classification.
The Benefit in Kind tax liability rockets to £18,000 per annum instead of the £3,000 under dual purpose rules.
What a pointless waste of time my reservation has been.
Ineos has made a copycat 110 but without one of the main 110 benefits!
Contract cancelled,

Barney

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
in der Nähe von Frankfurt a. M. Deutschland
Where there is friction there is heat.
The trick is to "rip the customer over the table" (german idiom) in such a way, that he perceives the warmth as mindfulness and charity.

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Disaster strikes.
The Grenadier no longer has the 1 tonne payload Ineos made so much of way back when.
The Benefit in Kind tax liability rockets to £18,000 per annum instead of the £3,000 under dual purpose rules.
Contract cancelled,
I didn’t know that Ineos said it had 1 ton of payload at any time.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Disaster strikes.
Contract cancelled,
Well that was short & sweet...

Reactions: PBD

klarie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I didn’t know that Ineos said it had 1 ton of payload at any time.
In fact they never claimed to achieve this. The only thing I was aware of the 2 seater utility should be able to load an Euro pallet in size..
this was achieved. But payload was never claimed to be a metric ton.
I always got indicated between 700-800 kgs somewhat.

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Disaster strikes.
Contract cancelled,
Where did Ineos state it had a 1T payload?

Back
Top Bottom