The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Sick of waiting

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:38 AM
Reaction score
Why on earth would anyone pay for the vehicle before seeing it and knowing it would be delivered the same or following day? Madness, and rude of Ineos to ask imho.
Is that how it normally happens in Europe?
No it is not. But I did it anyway yesterday.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:38 AM
Reaction score
Concerning the transfer case:
  • some transfer cases are heating up in an abnormal way (I don't know more than that).
  • Ineos technicians are driving the car in low gear during about 18 km (29 miles), that's the distance that was incremented on my ODO meter since the delivery. My dealer told me my transfer case is OK.
  • @Ever Pragmatic : I hope the test is successful, otherwise indeed, ... another waiting time . :mad:, fingers crossed 🤞
I thought I'd seen someone in the German language section reference they were waiting on oil and screws for the transfer case.

It might have been a translating error but the screw made me think of the neutral screw; it could equally be the drain plug.

Schoeniman

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I thought I'd seen someone in the German language section reference they were waiting on oil and screws for the transfer case.

It might have been a translating error but the screw made me think of the neutral screw; it could equally be the drain plug.
Hi Jean, that might have been me…
the transfer case is mounted with screws that should only be used once, to allow correct torque values. I‘ve learned that this is common at certain parts of the engine. I‘m not an engineer, so please excuse the trivial explanation.

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
1.6 billion miles of testing (I forget the exact figure, but it was banded about and it was a lot) and the transfer cases are going in to melt down after 30 miles pootling around town? I really hope not.
But if something went wrong while fitting it in the factory it might be possible.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Hi Jean, that might have been me…
the transfer case is mounted with screws that should only be used once, to allow correct torque values. I‘ve learned that this is common at certain parts of the engine. I‘m not an engineer, so please excuse the trivial explanation.
Right, so is your understanding that the transfer case is having to come out on yours?

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
2:38 PM
Reaction score
1.6 billion miles of testing (I forget the exact figure, but it was banded about and it was a lot) and the transfer cases are going in to melt down after 30 miles pootling around town? I really hope not.
Well if it happens in town you can use your calling card. That's a positive!
"Pootling around town"...how awful!

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
But if something went wrong while fitting it in the factory it might be possible.
The simplest explanation of overheating would be that the first fills have been short; and the solution drain the oil and replace (including new drain plug/screw) then road test to see if any unusual noises occur. If not, green sticker "OK"...

Trialmaster

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Why on earth would anyone pay for the vehicle before seeing it and knowing it would be delivered the same or following day? Madness, and rude of Ineos to ask imho.
Is that how it normally happens in Europe?
Totally agree, I won't pay until I know it's prepared for delivery.

Reactions: JOB

JOB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Well if it happens in town you can use your calling card. That's a positive!
"Pootling around town"...how awful!
Quite. If it happens to those of us with soft hands and clean boots, I don’t envy you chaps frying in the dessert sun waiting for Sir Jim R’s helicopter to drop a barrel of Dextron 3 and some 80/90 gear oil.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
2:38 PM
Reaction score
Quite. If it happens to those of us with soft hands and clean boots, I don’t envy you chaps frying in the dessert sun waiting for Sir Jim R’s helicopter to drop a barrel of Dextron 3 and some 80/90 gear oil.
No puddings in Tasmania, nor deserts :LOL: . I'll just walk out. A long walk , but I'm fit.
But my Grenadier won't break down because I've optimised it.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Not only my understanding! The NEW transfer case is already at the dealer and I guess today they should receive the bolts and oil and finalize the open campaigns.
Right, I got there in the end ~ I hadn't seen you, or anyone else for that matter, stating they needed a transfer case replacing. 👍

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
This transfer case issue - the need to change the whole case is attributed to wrongful bolts/wrong application of bolts, leading to the need to replace the whole case, knock on effect etc? Just curious.

Schoeniman

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
This transfer case issue - the need to change the whole case is attributed to wrongful bolts/wrong application of bolts, leading to the need to replace the whole case, knock on effect etc? Just curious.
They'll install a new and complete Transfer Case incl. all necessary parts (whatever those might be)

Back
Top Bottom