The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Sick of waiting

Ever Pragmatic

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:29 AM
Reaction score
My personal quest continues.. I’ve learnt today that my car now needs a transfer case check…! Going to happen this Thursday courtesy of the Ineos field engineer.. Lock issue not resolved either. Irrespective of these snags, it’s now a May delivery. Could be June knowing my current spell of Ineos luck..

Ever Pragmatic

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I don’t know what is more laughable; the price or the due date!

Still, if @Ever Pragmatic or @Jean Mercier want a car quicker, they know who to ring.

Luckily I have two other cars to keep me mobile…. £85k is punchy and residual values will be equally high no doubt. At this rate Jean and I will have delivery mileage cars sitting in the dealer in a years time….

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
12:29 AM
Reaction score
I honestly cannot believe that Pragmatic and Jean are still without vehicles, it feels like one of those video clips where the guy winning the race by miles falls over 5ft from the finish line.

However on this occasion it’s more like they were tripped by Ineos

Ever Pragmatic

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I honestly cannot believe that Pragmatic and Jean are still without vehicles, it feels like one of those video clips where the guy winning the race by miles falls over 5ft from the finish line.

Ha…. I’d have taken delivery in mid February as my vehicle arrived there week one.. still sick of waiting but at least some in this parish have got them and are sharing their thoughts and experiences…

TD5-90

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
6:29 AM
Reaction score
... I’ve learnt today that my car now needs a transfer case check…!
Wonder if anyone knows something more specific on that "transfer case issue". Sounds _much_more_ severe than the other hardware issues before (twisted brake line, steering pipe, clips and other minor stuff).
What is the actual problem? Does it mean that some tranfer cases have to be replaced at the dealers?? How do the Ineos field service mechanics check the transfer box? Is it just a subjective opinion of a field service technician if a transfer box is "good"?

Again, to me this sounds like there is the first _real_ problem....

klarie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hm.. afaik the transfer case was an idea of Ineos but construction and manufacturing by tremec .. perhaps tremec has some issues here and there?
ineos stated they had so issues with component suppliers and quality..
maybe this is one or another of the tremec parts?

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
2:29 PM
Reaction score

Or they started a 100m race facing the wrong direction on the track and had to go around?

Falkirkbairn

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Well it feels like the dam has burst today!!!

Have Ineos just taken receipt of a new fleet of transporters or something ?

I am certainly not moaning but my final bill has just dropped, with an email saying it’s in transport. My portal has also gone straight from contract signed to built and in transit.

Call me cynical but I am in no rush to pay in full until I have seen the thing with my own eyes.

I may also need one of those baseball caps thrown in as an incentive to pay up 😃

The rolling stone is really starting to pick up faith guys….keep the faith
Agree, received my payment request today as well and if it is in transit it could still be weeks away. Anyone in Scotland taken delivery yet?

Jeremy996

Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire, United Kingdom
According to the Ineos website, my Grenadier is still in production, but my payment has been accepted. No mention of transit.

(For those who might not know, my avatar is my Grenadier outside my home, where it has been, on and off, since Saturday 22/04/2023 at 13:00).

I think the website needs a "hard stare".

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
According to the Ineos website, my Grenadier is still in production, but my payment has been accepted. No mention of transit.

(For those who might not know, my avatar is my Grenadier outside my home, where it has been, on and off, since Saturday 22/04/2023 at 13:00).

I think the website needs a "hard stare".
You're gonna have to pick up some speed to get that thing into the garage.
Might need to oil it up first as well.

Jeremy996

Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire, United Kingdom
You're gonna have to pick up some speed to get that thing into the garage.
Might need to oil it up first as well.
The little sports cars are in the garage - it's full to bursting. At 2.05M tall the Grenadier was never going to fit. Crashing the Grenadier into the garage would be a financial disaster of monumental proportions! (And more than a little embarrassment!)

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
The little sports cars are in the garage - it's full to bursting. At 2.05M tall the Grenadier was never going to fit. Crashing the Grenadier into the garage would be a financial disaster of monumental proportions! (And more than a little embarrassment!)

You mean like the embarrassment of a friend when he was playing about in the garage in his new Aston Martin and somehow managed to drive it straight in the back wall. £20k damage to the car and completely bulged the wall of the garage as well. Don’t think dent pullers work on brickwork 😆

J8hn

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Wonder if anyone knows something more specific on that "transfer case issue". Sounds _much_more_ severe than the other hardware issues before (twisted brake line, steering pipe, clips and other minor stuff).
What is the actual problem? Does it mean that some tranfer cases have to be replaced at the dealers?? How do the Ineos field service mechanics check the transfer box? Is it just a subjective opinion of a field service technician if a transfer box is "good"?

Again, to me this sounds like there is the first _real_ problem....
Not sure of the specific problem but mine had to be checked and then undergo a 30 mile road test for it to pass.

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The rolling stone is really starting to pick up faith guys….keep the faith
My personal quest continues.. I’ve learnt today that my car now needs a transfer case check…! Going to happen this Thursday courtesy of the Ineos field engineer.. Lock issue not resolved either. Irrespective of these snags, it’s now a May delivery. Could be June knowing my current spell of Ineos luck..

@Shaky, FAITH? I only believe what I see. Even if 1000 people get their Grenadier, I will only believe that Ineos is a car builder when I see a Grenadier at my house. 🙏
  • and, nobody is allowed to park his Grenadier in my street 🚫, this is - for the time being - forbidden!. Until I get mine. :devilish:
Concerning the transfer case:
  • some transfer cases are heating up in an abnormal way (I don't know more than that).
  • Ineos technicians are driving the car in low gear during about 18 km (29 miles), that's the distance that was incremented on my ODO meter since the delivery. My dealer told me my transfer case is OK.
  • @Ever Pragmatic : I hope the test is successful, otherwise indeed, ... another waiting time . :mad:, fingers crossed 🤞
My dealer is NOT proactive in communicating stuff to me, but I have luck, due to my job I drive by usually more than one time per week at some 100 m from his door, and sometimes he tells me "something" or I discover "something". That's why I jump in so often. This week no assignments yet in his neighborhood, because I planned vacation, but I already accepted a work assignment on Wednesday at another location. I hope he (the dealer) calls me tomorrow, but I am already hoping this every day since two months. :ROFLMAO: :cry:

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Agree, received my payment request today as well and if it is in transit it could still be weeks away. Anyone in Scotland taken delivery yet?
Why on earth would anyone pay for the vehicle before seeing it and knowing it would be delivered the same or following day? Madness, and rude of Ineos to ask imho.
Is that how it normally happens in Europe?

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
You mean like the embarrassment of a friend when he was playing about in the garage in his new Aston Martin and somehow managed to drive it straight in the back wall. £20k damage to the car and completely bulged the wall of the garage as well. Don’t think dent pullers work on brickwork 😆
A guy I went to school with lost his father in a strange garage accident
The father was in the back of the garage and the mother was driving the car in slowly as the father gave her direction.
She hit the accelerator and squashed him against the wall.
Total accident but she got a new car on insurance and a new house with his life insurance payout.

IG_in_AZ

Global Grenadiers #1372
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:29 PM
Reaction score
I read in another thread that you might try opening and slamming the bonnet 9 times, turn around 360 degrees to the left, shake your right foot twice and cycle the central locking.

Back
Top Bottom