The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Sick of waiting

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
3:43 PM
Reaction score
The past few months has made me realise the way IA are conducting themselves is a huge risk to my business (oh and its not just sheep).
I'd already made the decision not to trade in the Defender, as was the original plan, but rather run it alongside the Grenadier for 3 to 6 months until I could see I wouldn't be left stranded if anything goes wrong.

TD5-90

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
4:43 PM
Reaction score
I'd already made the decision not to trade in the Defender, as was the original plan, but rather run it alongside the Grenadier for 3 to 6 months until I could see I wouldn't be left stranded if anything goes wrong.
I hope, after these 3-6 months, you will find yourself in the situation that you can't imagine how you _ever_ thought about selling it. I'll keep my Defender as a mate for the Gren!

Tom D

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
If I still had my defender I'd have done an M57 conversion by now and abandoned the Grenadier project.

They have done an amazing job of getting it this far and have f***ed it up at the final hurdle.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I hope, after these 3-6 months, you will find yourself in the situation that you can't imagine how you _ever_ thought about selling it. I'll keep my Defender as a mate for the Gren!
No it has to go, it will be the end of 40+ years of continous Landrover ownership and my symbolic turning of my back on what the recent management have made the company into.

They have done an amazing job of getting it this far and have f***ed it up at the final hurdle.
To be fair the marketing bods have pretty much f***ed it up from the start.

How many different answers did they give to the same question, crashing websites, OTR costs inclusive, various videos saying customer vehicles were imminent, BiK, VED costs. Even now simple questions remain unanswered ~ what does the high load output under the bonnet look like?

TD5-90

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
No it has to go, it will be the end of 40+ years of continous Landrover ownership and my symbolic turning of my back on what the recent management have made the company into.

To be fair the marketing bods have pretty much f***ed it up from the start.

How many different answers did they give to the same question, crashing websites, OTR costs inclusive, various videos saying customer vehicles were imminent, BiK, VED costs. Even now simple questions remain unanswered ~ what does the high load output under the bonnet look like?
Agree, but does that harm the vehicle?
The first time I turn the key I will have forgotten about IA marketing in total (explicitely doesn't apply to some of the instructors at the test drives!)

Pipm4000

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Does anyone have seen a full carpet floor customers vehicle at a dealership?

I’m sure at some point I was told the full carpet floor for my Fieldmaster was deleted due to quality issues, however I can’t find the email. Carpet floor mats only.

BMW.Leo

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Ordered 18th May
Contract signed 10th November
Original build estimated 13th January
No communication since contract
Not yet in production
No further info via dealer, nor IA direct
New caravan waiting to be picked up from dealer
Not a happy chappy 🤪
Yes we believe also on delivery in 2022 and sold our cars too early, start the first 3 months with a rental once. Then buy again a car and wait for updates very angry
But finally now contract is signed and June is coming and seems also realistic 😉😊😊 let’s hope again

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I’m sure at some point I was told the full carpet floor for my Fieldmaster was deleted due to quality issues, however I can’t find the email. Carpet floor mats only.
Last week Ineos was telling my dealer that my Fieldmaster would have the carpet flooring as a £230 extra. Carpet flooring was no longer an option on commercials. Mind you they were still saying it was going into build May!

muxmax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Media Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
So, „my“ contract has the wrong motor and wrong colour. Didn‘t read any further and wrote IA an e-mail asking them to contact me asap.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:43 AM
Reaction score
Last week Ineos was telling my dealer that my Fieldmaster would have the carpet flooring as a £230 extra. Carpet flooring was no longer an option on commercials. Mind you they were still saying it was going into build May!
Carpet flooring is available as a selectable item in Australia
1677882090358.png

BMW.Leo

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Our contract is fine as wished only 1 point makes me little worry, we ordered Utility 5 seat
In contract are nothing mentioned about 2 or 5 seats
So we contact our dealer today to check if this can written into to avoid any trouble later on

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I was told in Dec 2022 to finalise any by changes before 16th Jan 2023, as my build date was Marched Feb/Early March (which was 2 month's past the previous order confirmation advice). Still no contact which makes me wonder the build slots are at least 3 maybe 4 months behind for those not in the "1st batch". Its getting to the point where my delivery might slip past the end Aug, which makes the whole proposition a problem. I have a big trip that won't stop if the Gren didn't arrive, but I'll be forced to buy two vehicles and sell the other one after I return... planning is a problem now! I put 3 months contingency on the order but that now might be on jeopardy. I'm still faithful!

Nocrays

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:43 PM
Reaction score
Yes @DCPU I made the same decision to keep the Defender especially as it will be my daily driver.
Western Australia is notorious for not having ready access to things so spares will be a big issue.
I’ve already spoken to dealer to ensure we have a few windscreens in the state!!
If we are now seeing German orders from may22 planned for June23 then god knows when things will arrive here. Even with my reservation and early order I’ll be lucky to see it this year.
The one thing that is surprising is in still the lack of communication. Even the ceo stated that she understood this was an issue. They can develop a vehicle from scratch but can’t keep a couple of thousand clients informed of status?

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Agree, but does that harm the vehicle?
The first time I turn the key I will have forgotten about IA marketing in total (explicitely doesn't apply to some of the instructors at the test drives!)
No ~ I'm still all in and will roll with the punches.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
So, „my“ contract has the wrong motor and wrong colour. Didn‘t read any further and wrote IA an e-mail asking them to contact me asap.
To be fair, the factory probably pay no attention to the contract either...

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I'm waiting to hear about a contract with the wrong vehicle manufacturer 🤣
You joke but my contract makes reference to:

"From time to time, INEOS Styrolution Group GmbH - INEOS Automotive (we, us or Company)
may be required by law to provide to you certain written notices or disclosures."

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
You joke but my contract makes reference to:

"From time to time, INEOS Styrolution Group GmbH - INEOS Automotive (we, us or Company)
may be required by law to provide to you certain written notices or disclosures."
I know the state of the contracts isn't a laughing matter - but how else do you get through it. The clause you state looks like a "catch all" clause that in effect means that this civil contract must at all times comply with any relevant or future statute laws. In the UK that is the hierarchy- statutory, legal precedent then civil.

Back
Top Bottom