The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Sick of waiting

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:40 PM
Reaction score
This is why I'm sure there is a part or parts being replaced on manufactured vehicles and not software (or just software). Surely...

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:40 AM
Reaction score
What kind of alternate universe are we in when wipers that won’t turn off, means a vehicle requires a whole new wiring loom ?

A bit like the YouTube TFL channel when the JLR dealer attempted to fit a winch and wrote the whole vehicle off ?? Again unless they tried to fit it with a chain saw and a wrecking ball, how on Earth do you write a brand new vehicle off ?
You cause a short somewhere in the loom and it isn't worth looking for it to do a repair
Or you blow up the can bus with the same result.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
To me that reads only as a clause that you cannot ask of Ineos not to contact you in writing even if you would have the right to prohibit them under the no-solicitation laws. No big deal.
It was only being used show reference to "INEOS Styrolution Group GmbH", a company I didn't know I was contracting with to purchase a vehicle...

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
We had a BMW 320d that that happened to not long after we bought it.
BMW had to replace the entire wiring loom to fix that, the cost (thankfully under warranty) was in the thousands. This sort of gremlin worries me.
Loom issues crop up relatively frequently in vehicle recalls in EU. Maybe a combination of just how much more wiring there is in modern cars together with tighter packaging constraints.

If it's a loom issue it could just be a line worker missing a clip or a clip hole being slighter oversize.

Only this week Peugeot issued a recall on 208s "due to damage to the heating/ventilation/air conditioning (HVAC) harness caused by contact with the clutch pedal, the air conditioning may be activated automatically. This could lead to a fire as a result of a short circuit in the wires."

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
It was only being used show reference to "INEOS Styrolution Group GmbH", a company I didn't know I was contracting with to purchase a vehicle...
That is interesting though, why not " Ineos Automotive" and not the holding company. But surely that is in your favour, if Ineos Automatic throughs the towel in and winds up or goes burst, Ineos Group are still contracted to sell you a car. Yes its "Force Majeure" you don't get your car but you get compensation for breach of contract.

G-Man

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I'm a bit despondent today. Order placed mid-May 2022 with no contract or build date whilst I read people with orders placed in August 22 already have contracts. My guess is that something within my build spec has been out of stock but there doesn't seem to be any method behind the madness.

I contacted Ineos customer services last week via 'live chat' to vent my frustration and was assured that I'd see my contract within the next 2 weeks, but it's beginning to rub. You'd think Ineos would be prepared for customers comparing notes on their orders (in the Computer Age!) and be up front about the reasons for any obvious delay. In the vacuum of poor communication people will always construct their own theories and conclusions, quite often far worse than the actual reality. Feel like I'm being ghosted ......... :cry:

Beormund

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I'm a bit despondent today. Order placed mid-May 2022 with no contract or build date whilst I read people with orders placed in August 22 already have contracts. My guess is that something within my build spec has been out of stock but there doesn't seem to be any method behind the madness.

I contacted Ineos customer services last week via 'live chat' to vent my frustration and was assured that I'd see my contract within the next 2 weeks, but it's beginning to rub. You'd think Ineos would be prepared for customers comparing notes on their orders (in the Computer Age!) and be up front about the reasons for any obvious delay. In the vacuum of poor communication people will always construct their own theories and conclusions, quite often far worse than the actual reality. Feel like I'm being ghosted ......... :cry:
I totally get how you feel. I reserved on day 1; ordered on day 1 yet have no build/delivery despite very recently signing a contract. I am having to organise a car rental as my lease is up on my previous car. I really didn't think I would be without my Grenadier in March 2023. I'm really worried about what I'm seeing on Facebook with people who have just received their contracts being told to expect their cars by end of June!

Last edited:

Tom D

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I rang Ineos today and got the usual shpeel. I told them to find out some information on a likely delivery date, even if its just vague. Because right now I have no contract and no idea when I’m likely to see the car. Like many others I have a whole load of things which are up in the air, my current car needs to go to a colleague in April so I’ll be potentially needing another vehicle if the Gren doesn’t arrive before then. I’m planning a road trip in Europe this summer with the family, I can’t book anything or organise anything. I also can’t organise an alternative holiday if it transpires that the Gren will arrive too late. I also need to organise finance on the vehicle and cash for the deposit.
In short the lack of communication is very frustrating. I asked IA for details on their complaints procedure, and gave them 48 hours to get me an answer. So we’ll see what happens..

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I rang Ineos today and got the usual shpeel. I told them to find out some information on a likely delivery date, even if its just vague. Because right now I have no contract and no idea when I’m likely to see the car. Like many others I have a whole load of things which are up in the air, my current car needs to go to a colleague in April so I’ll be potentially needing another vehicle if the Gren doesn’t arrive before then. I’m planning a road trip in Europe this summer with the family, I can’t book anything or organise anything. I also can’t organise an alternative holiday if it transpires that the Gren will arrive too late. I also need to organise finance on the vehicle and cash for the deposit.
In short the lack of communication is very frustrating. I asked IA for details on their complaints procedure, and gave them 48 hours to get me an answer. So we’ll see what happens..
Like all other manufacturers, they can't truthfully answer, there are so many variables that they have no control over. Suppliers, materials shortages the war in Ukraine ( in the UK the effects of Brexit) the push for carbon neutral, et al.
Before I ordered my grenadier I talked to Toyota and L/R, both said to be honest you're looking at 12 months. Even with IA worst case scenarios I think I'll still better the 12 months. So after I ordered I planned my life around a 12 month's delivery. If it comes any sooner it's a bonus, if not it's we are were we are.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
That is interesting though, why not " Ineos Automotive" and not the holding company. But surely that is in your favour, if Ineos Automatic throughs the towel in and winds up or goes burst, Ineos Group are still contracted to sell you a car. Yes its "Force Majeure" you don't get your car but you get compensation for breach of contract.
INEOS Styrolution Group GmbH is not the holding company of any of the Ineos Automotive companies, it's a completely separate entity.

Christoph

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
12:40 PM
Reaction score
I totally get how you feel. I reserved on day 1; ordered on day 1 yet have no build/delivery despite very recently signing a contract. I am having to organise a car rental as my lease is up on my previous car. I really didn't think I would be without my Grenadier in March 2023. I'm really worried about what I'm seeing on Facebook with people who have just received their contracts being told to expect their cars by end of June!
I think it has been mentioned before - but Ineos sends a side letter to the contract by email, informing that all current contracts go out with a "by 30th June 2023" date - no matter whether deliveries are planned for March, April, May or June 2023.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 76
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I think it's different in some countries where the registration affects model year, but, that aside, at what point will IA make these 2024 MY? I think in the US they're calling them as such, but what about elsewhere?

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
INEOS Styrolution Group GmbH is not the holding company of any of the Ineos Automotive companies, it's a completely separate entity.
But i think that is the company that the Ineos shareholders hold the shares in? Either way I think your contract is financial safe.

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:40 PM
Reaction score
I just took my chance to call the IA hotline. I became more and more uncertain if everything is alright because I can not see my contract on the homepage anymore.
The lady from the callcenter told me that until yesterday the info for me would have been "we do not know when it will be delivered." From today on she could tell me that the deliver would be in March.
So I guess that is good news.
....or just another not reliable information...

Last edited:

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I think it's different in some countries where the registration affects model year, but, that aside, at what point will IA make these 2024 MY? I think in the US they're calling them as such, but what about elsewhere?
In the UK vehicles registered after September 2023 become MY 24 (MY = model year)

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:40 PM
Reaction score
But i think that is the company that the Ineos shareholders hold the shares in? Either way I think your contract is financial safe.
but nevertheless its feels a bit dubious.

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
I just took my chance to call the IA hotline. I became more and more uncertain if everything is alright because I can not see my contract on the homepage anymore.
The lady from the callcenter told me that until yesterday the info for me would have been "we do not know when it will be delivered." From today on she could tell me that the deliver would be in March.
So I guess that is good news.
....or just another not reliable information...

Do I get relieved by this comment about March or do I laugh or cry. Nobody has got their vehicle on the road yet, nobody truly knows when they are getting their vehicle or even a contract in a lot of cases but suddenly IA are going to deliver all the outstanding orders in Germany in just over 3 weeks time ???

I call BS and in my opinion this is another demonstration of how far down a rabbit hole and a mess they have somehow got into.

Some very strange things happening with that company.

Beormund

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I think it has been mentioned before - but Ineos sends a side letter to the contract by email, informing that all current contracts go out with a "by 30th June 2023" date - no matter whether deliveries are planned for March, April, May or June 2023.
I din't get an accompanying email like this??

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Do I get relieved by this comment about March or do I laugh or cry. Nobody has got their vehicle on the road yet, nobody truly knows when they are getting their vehicle or even a contract in a lot of cases but suddenly IA are going to deliver all the outstanding orders in Germany in just over 3 weeks time ???

I call BS and in my opinion this is another demonstration of how far down a rabbit hole and a mess they have somehow got into.

Some very strange things happening with that company.
Only a few days to go to Thurs 9th and we'll get the next episode of Soap...

Tom D

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Like all other manufacturers, they can't truthfully answer, there are so many variables that they have no control over. Suppliers, materials shortages the war in Ukraine ( in the UK the effects of Brexit) the push for carbon neutral, et al.
Before I ordered my grenadier I talked to Toyota and L/R, both said to be honest you're looking at 12 months. Even with IA worst case scenarios I think I'll still better the 12 months. So after I ordered I planned my life around a 12 month's delivery. If it comes any sooner it's a bonus, if not it's we are were we are.
I get that there are things that they have no control over, I’m not looking for a precise date. But I do need a rough idea on delivery, 4 weeks either side would do…

Back
Top Bottom