The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Sick of waiting

TD5-90

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
6:38 PM
Reaction score
Our contract is fine as wished only 1 point makes me little worry, we ordered Utility 5 seat
In contract are nothing mentioned about 2 or 5 seats
So we contact our dealer today to check if this can written into to avoid any trouble later on
Same here, no indication if 2 or 5 seat. However, I ordered 2 seat, not 5. Price also differs from what I've ordered, but only ~600EUR. So reasoning was this could not be a 5 seat since the difference would have to be larger.

But now I think I'll also put my dealer onto this...

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:38 PM
Reaction score
Same here, no indication if 2 or 5 seat. However, I ordered 2 seat, not 5. Price also differs from what I've ordered, but only ~600EUR. So reasoning was this could not be a 5 seat since the difference would have to be larger.

Check with your dealer. My understanding is that the station wagon is five seat and the utility is two seat41167091-93E0-4A84-9AAD-00F25FB956F4.png1E52A72E-AE4F-4EB8-8DE3-6D88546416A3.png

BMW.Leo

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score

yes we did same, just get answer my worries are solved

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I was at my dealer Hedin, Lokeren, Belgium yesterday, to look again at my “new toy” and answer some questions of the forum (I will post some answers and pictures in the hopefully right section today and tomorrow).

What I heard:
  • The car is known and recognized in Europe
  • Belgium does import the car and Hedin is together with the help of FEBIAC (“Fédération belge et luxembourgeoise de l’Automobile et du Cycle”) undertaking the steps to have an automated emission of the European Certificate of Conformity by the Belgian authorities. This is an administrative process they have to perform only once. After that, every car imported gets automatically it’s documents.
  • They (Hedin) don’t have the Grenadier user manuals yet, they asked to have access.
  • Accessories (rock sliders, side runners, recovery kit, …) were shipped to them, didn’t arrive yet.
  • They don’t have the software update yet.
  • They expect to deliver the cars by the end of the month (March 2023).
There was a weird technical problem: I started the motor, the wipers began to function, and we couldn't stop them, neither change the speed! Didn't happen one week ago.

20230303_155540.jpg

Ever Pragmatic

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I was at my dealer Hedin, Lokeren, Belgium yesterday, to look again at my “new toy” and answer some questions of the forum (I will post some answers and pictures in the hopefully right section today and tomorrow).

What I heard:
  • The car is known and recognized in Europe
  • Belgium does import the car and Hedin is together with the help of FEBIAC (“Fédération belge et luxembourgeoise de l’Automobile et du Cycle”) undertaking the steps to have an automated emission of the European Certificate of Conformity by the Belgian authorities. This is an administrative process they have to perform only once. After that, every car imported gets automatically it’s documents.
  • They (Hedin) don’t have the Grenadier user manuals yet, they asked to have access.
  • Accessories (rock sliders, side runners, recovery kit, …) were shipped to them, didn’t arrive yet.
  • They don’t have the software update yet.
There was a weird technical problem: I started the motor, the wipers began to function, and we couldn't stop them, neither change the speed! Didn't happen one week ago.

View attachment 7804993
Jean, was it still in transport mode?

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Jean, was it still in transport mode?
Yes, mine yes, but according to the manager there, some were already out of transport mode! He didn't know concerning my car (because it's another guy performing the task), that's why we took the key.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score

By that I assume you mean access to the CAD IT (or whatever name Ineos are calling it) system in the workshop? Does that mean none of their techs have been trained on the system?
Screenshot_20211023_162819_com.google.android.youtube.jpg

Any news on hard copy owner manuals?

To

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:38 PM
Reaction score
It's off to a good start. I will definitely keep my working Defender. Nothing is worse than annoying and unnecessary technical problems. Since the Defender has no technology, it also works reliably. That can't be true that a new car has a windshield wiper that can't be turned off.

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
By that I assume you mean access to the CAD IT (or whatever name Ineos are calling it) system in the workshop? Does that mean none of their techs have been trained on the system?

Any news on hard copy owner manuals?
No, I didn't ask if they have trained technicians who have access to the service documentation. I should ask, I will, next time.

I asked about the "user manuals" or "owner manual" or whatever you call the manual that the customers should read before operating the car!

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Assuming the techs have the system in the workshop, maybe you could be cheeky and ask for a demo ~ it would be good to confirm it's not just vapour ware. 🤔

muxmax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Media Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
You joke but my contract makes reference to:

"From time to time, INEOS Styrolution Group GmbH - INEOS Automotive (we, us or Company)
may be required by law to provide to you certain written notices or disclosures."
To me that reads only as a clause that you cannot ask of Ineos not to contact you in writing even if you would have the right to prohibit them under the no-solicitation laws. No big deal.

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
‘There was a weird technical problem: I started the motor, the wipers began to function, and we couldn't stop them, neither change the speed! Didn't happen one week ago.’

Jean, have you checked to see if the vehicle is in “rain” mode ? 😀

So is this part of the software update ? Are IA still chasing gremlins around their vehicles systems. I am sure that it won’t be a problem, but oh how I will laugh if I get my new vehicle and I can’t turn off the wipers !! Well I will laugh for a few seconds and then blow my stack.

I am keeping the faith though (crosses his fingers in hope)

Last edited:

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:38 AM
Reaction score
‘There was a weird technical problem: I started the motor, the wipers began to function, and we couldn't stop them, neither change the speed! Didn't happen one week ago.’
We had a BMW 320d that that happened to not long after we bought it.
BMW had to replace the entire wiring loom to fix that, the cost (thankfully under warranty) was in the thousands. This sort of gremlin worries me.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
We had a BMW 320d that that happened to not long after we bought it.
BMW had to replace the entire wiring loom to fix that, the cost (thankfully under warranty) was in the thousands. This sort of gremlin worries me.
Did they bother to troubleshoot it with an experienced auto electrician?

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Not sure mate, they had about 3 goes at sorting it though.
There is always a basket labelled "Too Hard" and we are seeing this more and more in the "appliance industry"

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
What kind of alternate universe are we in when wipers that won’t turn off, means a vehicle requires a whole new wiring loom ?

A bit like the YouTube TFL channel when the JLR dealer attempted to fit a winch and wrote the whole vehicle off ?? Again unless they tried to fit it with a chain saw and a wrecking ball, how on Earth do you write a brand new vehicle off ?

Tinki

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
What kind of alternate universe are we in when wipers that won’t turn off, means a vehicle requires a whole new wiring loom ?

A bit like the YouTube TFL channel when the JLR dealer attempted to fit a winch and wrote the whole vehicle off ?? Again unless they tried to fit it with a chain saw and a wrecking ball, how on Earth do you write a brand new vehicle off ?
From what i recall they tried to fit the winch and they cut/damaged part of the wiring harness. The cost of replacing it along with the labor and time and availability of parts ( it was at a time where spare parts for new defenders where not available) were more than what the car was wort .

Back
Top Bottom