The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Sick of waiting

Flewks

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:55 PM
Reaction score
Ordered 18th May
Contract signed 10th November
Original build estimated 13th January
No communication since contract
Not yet in production
No further info via dealer, nor IA direct
New caravan waiting to be picked up from dealer
Not a happy chappy 🤪

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:55 PM
Reaction score
I received my contract in the first days of November 2022. it should have been delivered up to the first of February. I really do not care to much about the delay but what drives me nuts is that two weeks ago my dealer - who some months before thought that my car might be one of the first arriving at his shop - told me that some customers vehicles arrived at his side. Not my one unfortunately. This morning I asked again whether anything changed. And something did change! Yesterday four more customers cars arrived! But still not mine 😫

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Does anyone have seen a full carpet floor customers vehicle at a dealership?
Good question, my dealer confirmed on their Ineos computer link last week that my order, Fieldmaster with carpet floor was still as is, and there is no issue with a carpet flooring in the Fieldmaster. But there is no carpet flooring in the commercials.

Tom D

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Ordered 18th May
Contract signed 10th November
Original build estimated 13th January
No communication since contract
Not yet in production
No further info via dealer, nor IA direct
New caravan waiting to be picked up from dealer
Not a happy chappy 🤪
Me neither, it seems as though once you have paid the deposit they simply don't give a sh1t. I have spoken to IA many times and always get the same story, which is basically 'we know nothing'. My dealer knows nothing either. He like me feels like their customer service is appalling. But it seems they can't tell him any more than they can tell me...

It also seems as though they did a batch of UK contracts recently. Now they are doing a batch of German ones... so does that mean that the UK RHD vehicle run is done and now they're doing a batch of LHD ones? so who knows what's going on? I've never experienced anything like this buying anything before, I hope I never do again!

TD5-90

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
4:55 PM
Reaction score
I received my contract in the first days of November 2022. it should have been delivered up to the first of February. I really do not care to much about the delay but what drives me nuts is that two weeks ago my dealer - who some months before thought that my car might be one of the first arriving at his shop - told me that some customers vehicles arrived at his side. Not my one unfortunately. This morning I asked again whether anything changed. And something did change! Yesterday four more customers cars arrived! But still not mine 😫
I totally understand your frustration.
But shouldn't it be considered positive that, obviously, at your dealer there are customer vehicles delivered continuously?

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Me neither, it seems as though once you have paid the deposit they simply don't give a sh1t. I have spoken to IA many times and always get the same story, which is basically 'we know nothing'. My dealer knows nothing either. He like me feels like their customer service is appalling. But it seems they can't tell him any more than they can tell me...

It also seems as though they did a batch of UK contracts recently. Now they are doing a batch of German ones... so does that mean that the UK RHD vehicle run is done and now they're doing a batch of LHD ones? so who knows what's going on? I've never experienced anything like this buying anything before, I hope I never do again!
I think that there is a communication breakdown between IA and Hambach

Tom D

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The thing is, whilst it would be interesting to know the cause of the delay, I don't really care what the cause is. I don't care that much that there IS a delay. What I want is communication so that I can plan ahead.
Perhaps the cause of the delay is commercially sensitive and they don't want to release details.. Fair enough. But FFS just give us some likely dates when we will receive contracts, when we will take delivery... I have been told that I will receive a contract 'next week' 4 times..

I'm sure I'm not alone in wanting to make plans that involve the vehicle, both financial and personal. All of this is up in the air right now and its affecting a lot of other things. if I'm not getting it till September then FFS just say that!

Local time
Reaction score
Whilst we know the engineers have designed and produced what looks to be a great vehicle to the brief SJR requested...I can't be the only one starting to lose confidence in the rest of the operation.
Batch & hold made sense...but not explaining why they can't/won't release vehicles at dealers...with no explanation as to timescales is really poor. I can only assume the lack of comms means its something which would seriously impact their credibility. Those who need these as working vehicles, can we afford to take the risk if; spares, warranty, service issues are equally poorly handled?
I'm seriously wavering, thinking it might be better to come back in 24months and see what has prevailed.

Ever Pragmatic

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I wonder how many customer cars are now on the ground in uk dealers. I know there are three customer cars ready for update right now.. perhaps we could have an add up for other dealers ? Pressure must be building to get them away.

Tom D

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Whilst we know the engineers have designed and produced what looks to be a great vehicle to the brief SJR requested...I can't be the only one starting to lose confidence in the rest of the operation.
Batch & hold made sense...but not explaining why they can't/won't release vehicles at dealers...with no explanation as to timescales is really poor. I can only assume the lack of comms means its something which would seriously impact their credibility. Those who need these as working vehicles, can we afford to take the risk if; spares, warranty, service issues are equally poorly handled?
I'm seriously wavering, thinking it might be better to come back in 24months and see what has prevailed.
Me too. The fact that I'm currently driving a ford ranger that I hate doesn't help. My issue is that there is no other car on the market that I would want to rush out and buy.... although a Landcruiser is looking more and more tempting..

Local time
Reaction score
Me too. The fact that I'm currently driving a ford ranger that I hate doesn't help. My issue is that there is no other car on the market that I would want to rush out and buy.... although a Landcruiser is looking more and more tempting..
My Navara isn't that actually that bad - all round springs help...but I need to be able to rely on the back up and have confidence that when/if stuff goes wrong it will be sorted...on the one occasion the Nissan has let me down we got a replacement pick up for the 3 days it took to repair...dealers are competent and spares plentiful in availability. The past few months has made me realise the way IA are conducting themselves is a huge risk to my business (oh and its not just sheep).

Tom D

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
My Navara isn't that actually that bad - all round springs help...but I need to be able to rely on the back up and have confidence that when/if stuff goes wrong it will be sorted...on the one occasion the Nissan has let me down we got a replacement pick up for the 3 days it took to repair...dealers are competent and spares plentiful in availability. The past few months has made me realise the way IA are conducting themselves is a huge risk to my business (oh and its not just sheep).
It doesn't fill you with confidence does it?

Trialmaster

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I wonder how many customer cars are now on the ground in uk dealers. I know there are three customer cars ready for update right now.. perhaps we could have an add up for other dealers ? Pressure must be building to get them away.
They tell us its software, do we believe them? Afterall, they had 20 vehicles operating for the press, surely if it was a software delay/update it would have been done ages ago.

Last edited:

Trialmaster

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
This is my worry, the question mark on back-up and spares and we are the guinea pigs. I wouldn't have been worried if there wasn't an unexplained delay in the vehicle itself.

Back
Top Bottom