The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Sick of waiting

marko

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:57 PM
Reaction score
Unless Ineos are having to tinker with the vehicles to an extent they require a revised type approval?

And there's also CoC for the vehicle and CoP for Hambach.
Thanks, I think you might be onto something here. On one of the first customer cars seen at a dealer (sorry can't remember whether this was on fb or this forum) someone photographed the Hambach CoP lying on the passenger seat through the window which had a Dec '22 build date. So maybe the delay is down to the type approval or individual vehicle CoC? Would be great if they would be a little more open, especially with the dealers, as to the cause of the delay registering cars.

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:57 PM
Reaction score
Good info ~ is it possible to get data for the previous years?

It would put some numbers to the PTOs all running about on German plates.

Unless Ineos are having to tinker with the vehicles to an extent they require a revised type approval?

And there's also CoC for the vehicle and CoP for Hambach.
Until 2023 there has not been any entry for a vehicle from Ineos at the KBA database as far as I know.

AWo

Local time
Reaction score
The problem is not that the car comes too late, the problem is that Ineos announced its delivery to optimistic too early.
But the result is the same.

Cheers
AWo

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
If I buy a car in Germany, I have to change the numberplate to a Belgian one, for two reasons: I pay taxes in Belgium and the numberplate is linked to a person or a company, not to the car.

Therefore my new car will keep the numberplate of my old car.

klarie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
What about all the PTO2s running around on German plates in 2022?
The statistics collect only data from vehicles that have a general approval. The PTO may have an exceptional approval or single type approval. And do not fall under a general type rating. This is the same if you go shorten the plate frame chassis of an old Volkswage beetle, lower the pillars and convert into a hot rod style vehicle..
some guys did that.. 150 HP 4 carburetors etc..
So in the good ol days when you could do this.. and emission regulation was not the big issue..
you could ask for a single approval.. I ve got a friend in Dortmund who owned such a toy.
Was built / reconstructed in 1980.. green metal flake painted and crazy sound from air intakes .. and road approved..

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
The statistics collect only data from vehicles that have a general approval. The PTO may have an exceptional approval or single type approval. And do not fall under a general type rating.
I obviously don't read German, but doesn't the document give an approval date of 17th March 2022?

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I obviously don't read German, but doesn't the document give an approval date of 17th March 2022?
You are right. That’s the date the vehicle type number has been issued. Nevertheless for some reason they didn’t showed it in this list until the end of last year. I really do not know whether this date is the date for the type approval.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Before approval, it needs of course an "Aktenzeichen" in Germany, so to say a "name". And I guess that they use this numbers and assign them at the very beginning of the approval process. They mean nothing until approval has been granted.

Last edited:

klarie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Just on travel. I got the impression that Ineos Automotive got recognized as an Automotive company in March 22 but not the Grenadier as such too. At that time manufacturing plant was not even ready ..

marko

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Just got back from the pub from an early sesh, logged onto the forum and noticed we’re now at 893 replies to this “sick of waiting” thread. So, in my beer infused state I’m wondering what will come first; customer deliveries or 1000 replies🤣

Max

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:57 AM
Reaction score
If I buy a car in Germany, I have to change the numberplate to a Belgian one, for two reasons: I pay taxes in Belgium and the numberplate is linked to a person or a company, not to the car.

Therefore my new car will keep the numberplate of my old car.
Similarly here in OZ we can transfer our old plates across to the new car... sick of waiting, but who has paid fully for their car, have you Jean?

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
9:57 PM
Reaction score
The next post wins #900

Back
Top Bottom