The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Sick of waiting

Orcmurd

Grenadier Owner
Local time
8:48 PM
Reaction score
So after being told over 2 weeks ago by Ineos and my agent that my vehicle is in transit, it appears it is sitting at the docks in England with several others. Ineos doesn’t appear to have the necessary admin in place to bring cars into Northern Ireland. Local agent is doing all they can but problem rests with Ineos and I’m starting to question if Ineos has the infrastructure in place to deal with problems. I’m concerned that in the future if a part is needed to repair a vehicle, will they have stock or will the customers car be off the road for months.

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
3:48 PM
Reaction score
So after being told over 2 weeks ago by Ineos and my agent that my vehicle is in transit, it appears it is sitting at the docks in England with several others. Ineos doesn’t appear to have the necessary admin in place to bring cars into Northern Ireland. Local agent is doing all they can but problem rests with Ineos and I’m starting to question if Ineos has the infrastructure in place to deal with problems. I’m concerned that in the future if a part is needed to repair a vehicle, will they have stock or will the customers car be off the road for months.

Certainly a valid reason to be concerned. It is certainly a concern for me.

I remember talking to a guy about his Vauxhall VX220, which I once heard was the best Lotus , that Lotus never made. Anyway he said it had been on ramps for two years as he just couldn’t get the parts to repair it.

Rab

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Might also be unfamiliarity with the joys of the NI Protocol. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Orcmurd

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Might also be infamiliarity with the joys of the NI Protocol. :rolleyes:
Hi Rab,
I was at Balmoral and spoke to Hollybrook who have been fantastic throughout. I believe our cars are in the same batch. I sent a fairly strong email to Ineos and also logged a call. Yes, NI Protocol could be an issue but Ineos are an international business and should have the resources to resolve. The lack of information is a disappointing and I have reservations of Ineos being able to support owners/dealers if issues arise in the future. Hopefully we’ll get some news this week.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
It would appear to be the classic of recruiting people who boast of 20 plus years in the auto industry with top manufacturers, international sales, know the business inside out, blaa, blaa, blaa; but ask a simple question of what paperwork is required to actually make something happen and they don’t know, someone else always did the legwork for them, they just took the plaudits and the large salary.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I remember talking to a guy about his Vauxhall VX220, which I once heard was the best Lotus , that Lotus never made. Anyway he said it had been on ramps for two years as he just couldn’t get the parts to repair it.
Don't you mean the best car Lotus made and it wasn't a Lotus?

They were nice, but Lotus made better. 👍

dynosoar

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I decided to have a go with the online chat today to find out what the situation was with my order that has been in build now for about six weeks.
I also asked if the VIN was available as I had seen several forum members had their numbers and I was curious as to how the sequence might work out.

Anyway, I am still curious but none the wiser over any material fact other than the online chat people have no information to give regarding production status or VIN numbers.

I think my car will be straight onto auto trader if it ever turns up. I don’t think I want to have anything further to do with this shower of s**t.

A

JOB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Out of interest, roughly what is your VIN? Asking in order to possibly help place how far away my car is. Supposedly “awaiting transit”, but it could mean anything.

beanohallett

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Not quite sure what to make of this post...what are they doing wrong?
View attachment 7811763
Cheers matey it would be good to compare notes with these guys!

I feel like I have been transported into the 1970's Arthur Daily style of car dealership , for those in the UK, Im sure other versions exist..

Tinki

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hi Rab,
I was at Balmoral and spoke to Hollybrook who have been fantastic throughout. I believe our cars are in the same batch. I sent a fairly strong email to Ineos and also logged a call. Yes, NI Protocol could be an issue but Ineos are an international business and should have the resources to resolve. The lack of information is a disappointing and I have reservations of Ineos being able to support owners/dealers if issues arise in the future. Hopefully we’ll get some news this week.
I agree cannot fault Hollybrook . They are doing their best . My car is along with yours guys stuck at the docks in England . Maybe we should arrange a roadtrip . Hard way home style . *In a fear factor presenter voice * The long drive from the docks to N I all the obstacles all the problems conquered .

If they pay for the fuel and ferry i am game !!! Throw in a case of grenabeers and its a deal .

Was woping for a weekend away with it but it seems its not happening:(

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
3:48 PM
Reaction score
Don't you mean the best car Lotus made and it wasn't a Lotus?

They were nice, but Lotus made better. 👍

You clearly have a better memory than me 😝

And yes that was the saying, but you got my drift.

I couldn’t tell you if there was better, but wouldn’t disagree either.

A friend bought a beautiful looking Elise years ago, grey with red ragtop. The looks were where it started and finished for me. When it rained it literally pissed through a gap between the roof and the side window. It took me 3 minutes to get in it and when I got out, it must have looked like this little car was giving birth to a fully grown man, I ended up elegantly rolling round on the pavement outside a pub.

That was the start and finish of anything Lotus for me 😂

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
You clearly have a better memory than me 😝

And yes that was the saying, but you got my drift.

I couldn’t tell you if there was better, but wouldn’t disagree either.

A friend bought a beautiful looking Elise years ago, grey with red ragtop. The looks were where it started and finished for me. When it rained it literally pissed through a gap between the roof and the side window. It took me 3 minutes to get in it and when I got out, it must have looked like this little car was giving birth to a fully grown man, I ended up elegantly rolling round on the pavement outside a pub.

That was the start and finish of anything Lotus for me 😂
No son has an Elise but at the end of the day it is still a lotus.
Lots Of Trouble Usually Serious

KBKLR

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Mine has arrived (confirmed) in Edinburgh, I transferred the final payment in the bank this lunchtime, hopefully all good for picking up later this week. Vin in the early 1030's. Hopefully my next post will be a first report on the road. Fieldmaster, DG, Diesel

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
@Logsplitter - any further forward to a collection date for yours?
Unfortunately not but still hopeful . Harwoods told me that they were working towards a mid week collection and would contact me early this week to confirm. I would rather wait a few days than have to go back because of accessories not fitted or any outstanding issues not sorted. 🤞🏼

Back
Top Bottom