The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Sick of waiting

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:31 PM
Reaction score
I just learned that a registration in Germany can take more than a week ☹️
Day 1: registration papers will be collected at the dealer.
Day 2: registration papers will be send from one local registration service to the office in my hometown.
Day 3 + 4: postal service…
Day 5: registration service in my hometown gives the paperwork together with a trillion unimportant other registration papers for Mini Countryman to the registration administration in my hometown.
Day 6.-8.: The hardworking civil servants manage to issue MY papers and the registration service pick them up and hopefully sends them…
Day 9 and 10: … to the local office of the registration service near my dealer.
Day 11: the papers arrive at my dealers office.
Day 12: my dealer calls me to make an appointment

😡🤬😡😠😤😠😡🤬😡😠😤😳🥵😠😡😢🤬😖🤯🤮💩
I am at day 3 now! I could have done it in max. three days if I only had the knowledge I gathered today. F…k

1684180672090.png

Tomdoc

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:31 PM
Reaction score
As I am still on "contract signed" - my policy will be to pay the rest of the money (a lot!) on the day I can drive it away. That is how I have bought cars for the last 40 years. Am I missing something?

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
As I am still on "contract signed" - my policy will be to pay the rest of the money (a lot!) on the day I can drive it away. That is how I have bought cars for the last 40 years. Am I missing something?
I think you might be in the case of Ineos. Not 100% sure they will prepare it for you without receiving payment in full. I did wait until I could physically see mine however, no further forward until payment in full has been received.

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
5:31 PM
Reaction score

Cheshire is right, you wont be able to pick you IG up until 2 days AFTER you have paid in full…at the earliest.

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Ill check tomorrow for a build update on my vehicle - as I assume the Contract would need to be sent shortly after completion at the factory? Not sure how these contracts are rolling out at the minute.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Cheshire is right, you wont be able to pick you IG up until 2 days AFTER you have paid in full…at the earliest.
That's an absolute minimum ~ agents don't seem to be PDI'ing vehicles until Ineos give them the OK to do so; and this isn't happening until after they are confirming payment. In parallel, Ineos are registering the vehicles and owners are sent the V5 direct from DVLA.

Christoph

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
5:31 PM
Reaction score
That's an absolute minimum ~ agents don't seem to be PDI'ing vehicles until Ineos give them the OK to do so; and this isn't happening until after they are confirming payment. In parallel, Ineos are registering the vehicles and owners are sent the V5 direct from DVLA.
Where do you have this information from? My dealer (Krah+Enders, Maintal, Germany) told me I can relax with the payment, they will do all necessary until then. Additionally, looking at the experiences reported in this forum, the strict way you describe seems impossible for INEOS to action 😉

Reactions: PBD

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:31 AM
Reaction score
In this big wide land Down Under, IA seem to have organised things differently with the local in-country crew. My contract simply stated that the agent/dealer would give me a date for delivery and the $$$needed to be paid and cleared 2 days prior to that date.
We'll see.. 😉

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I can forgive Ineos a lot however, one thing I find hard to get over is that having paid out tens of thousands of pounds I have not received an ‘official’ notice that the money is now in their bank and my vehicle will be made ready.
My worst nightmare would be a week later, learning that I was the victim of a scam and Ineos did not have my money.

marko

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I can forgive Ineos a lot however, one thing I find hard to get over is that having paid out tens of thousands of pounds I have not received an ‘official’ notice that the money is now in their bank and my vehicle will be made ready.
My worst nightmare would be a week later, learning that I was the victim of a scam and Ineos did not have my money.
Totally understand your pain. I paid three weeks ago and picked up my vehicle last week. It now has 750 ish miles on the clock and is sitting on my drive. I’ve still not had any communication from IA to confirm receipt of my payment despite contacting customer service three times. Just logged on and my car is still showing in transit and payment pending/requested on the portal. Luckily I’m a private buyer, if I were a business and needed the receipt for tax or accounting purposes I’d be very annoyed.
My suggestion is to contact your agent and have them confirm with IA that payment has been received. It won’t get you a receipt but at least will allow the agent to pdi the vehicle and to request IA register it (if they’ve received it). Good luck and it really is worth the wait and frustration!

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Totally understand your pain. I paid three weeks ago and picked up my vehicle last week. It now has 750 ish miles on the clock and is sitting on my drive. I’ve still not had any communication from IA to confirm receipt of my payment despite contacting customer service three times. Just logged on and my car is still showing in transit and payment pending/requested on the portal. Luckily I’m a private buyer, if I were a business and needed the receipt for tax or accounting purposes I’d be very annoyed.
My suggestion is to contact your agent and have them confirm with IA that payment has been received. It won’t get you a receipt but at least will allow the agent to pdi the vehicle and to request IA register it (if they’ve received it). Good luck and it really is worth the wait and frustration!
Hi Marko
Via agent I know my vehicle should be ready by Friday. (Can’t collect until Monday as currently working away). Like you, my annoyance is in not seeing this info reflected in my Ineos account. Not being on top of acknowledging such large transactions is to my mind inexcusable.

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Can't your bank confirm where the money has been trasferred to and the validity of the recipients bank sort details? I agree IA should immediately acknowledge receipt but your bank should be able to give you some comfort. ( I may be assuming to much if you have an overseas call centre)

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Can't your bank confirm where the money has been trasferred to and the validity of the recipients bank sort details? I agree IA should immediately acknowledge receipt but your bank should be able to give you some comfort. ( I may be assuming to much if you have an overseas call centre)
Hi Eric
I bank with Barclays which did recognise the account into which I paid the cash however, still nice to hear that the money is where it should be along with current status of MY vehicle. The fact I had to do my own detective work to find out is not what I would expect.

marko

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hi Marko
Via agent I know my vehicle should be ready by Friday. (Can’t collect until Monday as currently working away). Like you, my annoyance is in not seeing this info reflected in my Ineos account. Not being on top of acknowledging such large transactions is to my mind inexcusable.
Hi @Cheshire cat, totally agree. Often seems the simple admin activities let them down. And it is rude to take such a substantial sum off us and not acknowledge receipt. Having said that I’m not going to chase them any more. My receipt is called IZZI and sat on my drive🤣

MarkusN

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:31 PM
Reaction score
It would appear to be the classic of recruiting people who boast of 20 plus years in the auto industry with top manufacturers, international sales, know the business inside out, blaa, blaa, blaa; but ask a simple question of what paperwork is required to actually make something happen and they don’t know, someone else always did the legwork for them, they just took the plaudits and the large salary.

That is the case in the modern world. All that matters is what diplomas, papers and so on can be presented when applying.
However, when it comes to real work, nothing works any more.

:sick::sick::sick:

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hi Eric
I bank with Barclays which did recognise the account into which I paid the cash however, still nice to hear that the money is where it should be along with current status of MY vehicle. The fact I had to do my own detective work to find out is not what I would expect.
I think they're taking the p1ss there. I can put up with crap customer service and delays but having asked for a large amount of money IA should confirm to you without delay receipt of same. Unnecessary stress caused in this day of widespread digital fraud.

Tomdoc

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I like my dealer - they have been very helpful - but this is really useful information - I will reiterate my intent - I will pay them once the car is ready to collect. If that means them saying "it's ready" then I wait 2 days to clear the money (not sure why that is true with modern banking IT systems), then fine. However I am not happy to pay and then wait for them to do the PDI etc for a undefined time. That amount of money is in my account until the goods are ready.

Back
Top Bottom