The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Sick of waiting

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:45 PM
Reaction score
The label on mine has a line ‘POS: GH1
Any idea as to its meaning?IMG_2328.jpeg
Had to post on this thread as ive been reading it for ages, a lurker i guess. My car has finally been delivered to my dealer in gerrards cross and went to see it today and am very pleased the thing is a tank/5 seater station wagon, looks mean in inky black and the 18 inch alloys really set it off will be great on the school run!! Which it will be used for as i now have to do the school run, plan to pick it up next Friday. I dont think people will have to wait long now as theyre just clearing the back log.
A few of us here are ex military. A few Australians also who generally are not afraid to say what they think. You have us all looking like pussies in comparison. You have the balls to say this vehicle is for the school run!! At first I thought you were joking but ‘fair play to you’ Edwardo. 🫡

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
3:45 AM
Reaction score
Any idea as to its meaning?View attachment 7811187

A few of us here are ex military. A few Australians also who generally are not afraid to say what they think. You have us all looking like pussies in comparison. You have the balls to say this vehicle is for the school run!! At first I thought you were joking but ‘fair play to you’ Edwardo. 🫡
Position GH1 on transporter or carpark???

EDWARDO

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Well im deffo not military im a car geek that likes to be different, my car history is eclectic to say the least but this will be a new adventure and will hopefully make me do more stuff outside like camping canoeing and touch wood off roading, am
Any idea as to its meaning?View attachment 7811187

Thats the nice grey colour, i went flat back as its cheaper to fix as my mrs just dings everything, she even managed to crash one of my cars into the other on the driveway, i dont care what people think regardless, one of the other reasons for me wanting one that is my kids treat the car like a dustbin and when i read you could hose it out i was sold. I am so impressed after seeing mine, saying that have never driven one, could be awful but i doubt, cant be worse than my 1988 sl300 thats for sure as that is a boat on wheels!!

beanohallett

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Well, here goes - yet again...

Thank you for all the suggestion's and especially the e mail addresses.

Following yest another conversation yesterday morning with ""AGENTS ONLY"" Jardine's, the up shot was - sorry mate cant do anything until Ineos send your receipt to us, Ah yes the same receipt I've been asking Ineos Support, with case references for three weeks now!! Stuck in a cycle of death !!
Anyway e mailed Calder etal and received a nice reply saying there was a problem matching payment [ same account used for all payments same reference used as advised so somewhat bemused !] however the ""AGENTS ONLY"" Jardine's will be in touch and it will be delivered soon.

Alas Jardine's were busy " Delivering owners Grenadiers"" salt lavishly rubbed into an open wound!! and hadnt read any e mails sorry mate....

So more e mails and calls today but no further forward

What do I have for my £60k, just a V5 [ vehicle title document for the non UK bods] and F all else.

I will change my name to Angry from Tunbridge Wells , rename the Grenadier from Agent Orang to MIA

And Im off to the pub now.!!!

Seriously lessons from this

get your receipt

badger the buggers

and be proactive

finally - the forum is a great help and cheers folks !

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:45 PM
Reaction score

Following yest another conversation yesterday morning with ""AGENTS ONLY"" Jardine's, the up shot was - sorry mate cant do anything until Ineos send your receipt to us, Ah yes the same receipt I've been asking Ineos Support, with case references for three weeks now!! Stuck in a cycle of death !!
Anyway e mailed Calder etal and received a nice reply saying there was a problem matching payment [ same account used for all payments same reference used as advised so somewhat bemused !] however the ""AGENTS ONLY"" Jardine's will be in touch and it will be delivered soon.

Alas Jardine's were busy " Delivering owners Grenadiers"" salt lavishly rubbed into an open wound!! and hadnt read any e mails sorry mate....

What do I have for my £60k, just a V5 [ vehicle title document for the non UK bods] and F all else.

I will change my name to Angry from Tunbridge Wells , rename the Grenadier from Agent Orang to MIA

get your receipt

badger the buggers

and be proactive

Have a good beer! Next week it will brighten up hopefully!

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

get your receipt

badger the buggers

and be proactive

that's very bloody frustrating for you.

can you request proof of payment (SWIFT) from your remitting bank and email over to IA asking for immediate confirmation their bank has received?

perhaps already done so.

what a dogs dinner - enjoy a furious four pints or a serious six!

Last edited:

Spjnr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score

get your receipt

badger the buggers

and be proactive

have you had the payment confirmation email? not the VAT invoice, just the email?

Reactions: PBD

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Just entered the Ineos / banking world of pain. Barclays won't let me pay the balance in one hit. Not too big a deal so put forward a test payment of £239.00 only I put the wrong payment reference by one digit. Need confirmation from Ineos that the money has gone through before carrying on using the correct reference number. Luckily I only have £239.00 at risk so far.

Arkaig

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

get your receipt

badger the buggers

and be proactive

According to IA, their Finance Department reconcile their receiving bank account 3 times each working day, Monday to Friday. My experience suggests that's pure bullshit solely destined to baffle senior management, reality is it's a shambles.

My experience - I received my email with the final invoice at around 18.15 on Friday 21st April, so too late to contact my bank to effect a single direct bank transfer. Instead using telephone banking on that Friday evening. I set up a new payee* and made one payment of some £22+k. I made another payment of £25k on the Saturday, and on the Sunday another payment of the final balance of £25k. On Sunday evening I emailed my dealer confirming having made the required payments to fully pay my invoice, such that all 3 payments would be received by/very early on Monday 24th April by IA Finance Department, each such payment quoting my order number as a reference. I received an email on Tuesday 25th April acknowledging payment (amount not specified), and on Friday 28th April a further email acknowledging payment (again amount not specified). On Saturday 29th April, my dealer principal phoned me to advise his IA portal was still showing my order number as being Unpaid. Whilst he at no time doubted my integrity, I then provided him with categoric screen print evidence from my telephone banking with which he could then tackle IA after the bank holiday. Early on Tuesday 2nd May, the dealer principal phoned me again to confirm my account was now fully paid, and that IA had authorised the PDI of my vehicle and hoped to have it registered later that day.

* On the subject of payees, the Account Name given on the final payment invoice ( INEOS AUTOMOTIVE GBP CURRENT ) does not actually match 100% the Account Name held by the recipient bank under the details of Account Number: 70792071 Sort Code: 20-79-37. In these days of scams etc, there is absolutely no excuse for this fundamental error.

Last edited:

Arkaig

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Just entered the Ineos / banking world of pain. Barclays won't let me pay the balance in one hit. Not too big a deal so put forward a test payment of £239.00 only I put the wrong payment reference by one digit. Need confirmation from Ineos that the money has gone through before carrying on using the correct reference number. Luckily I only have £239.00 at risk so far.
Numpty! Check twice, press enter once!

Spjnr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
I wondered why my invoice amount had gone down by £239.00!

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
* On the subject of payees, the Account Name given on the final payment invoice ( INEOS AUTOMOTIVE GBP CURRENT ) does not actually match 100% the Account Name held by the recipient bank under the details of Account Number: 70792071 Sort Code: 20-79-37. In these days of scams etc, there is absolutely no excuse for this fundamental error.
The payment thing has all been a bit of an inconvenience from my end, insofar as to make a single payment I had to go through 3 tiers of security at my bank, and it took nearly 45 minutes. I could have made the multiple payments like you, but had a real fear that would spanner up the works with Ineos, and they don't need any excuses to do that anyway.

The account name not matching is as you say unexcusable. It's like there's no real adults supervising any of the workstreams.

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The payment thing has all been a bit of an inconvenience from my end, insofar as to make a single payment I had to go through 3 tiers of security at my bank, and it took nearly 45 minutes. I could have made the multiple payments like you, but had a real fear that would spanner up the works with Ineos, and they don't need any excuses to do that anyway.

The account name not matching is as you say unexcusable. It's like there's no real adults supervising any of the workstreams.
I had a similar experience. In the end I had to visit the Nationwide Building Society as I couldn’t manage to do on line because of wrong recipients name. Should be Ineos Automotive Limited I think. Even so had talk with an Ineos agent on the phone whilst dealing with B/S staff at the same time. You think they could get the payment details right by now.

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
1:45 PM
Reaction score
iA really are shitting their own bed and then rubbing everyone else’s face in, literally for shits and giggles.

Even at this point I keep wondering if they are a company I want to deal with, even at this late stage and have even considered whether possibly losing £2.5k is better than gambling a further £64k.

Will they ever get this right ? A few months ago I would have strenuously argued of course they would, now I honestly wonder if they will be in business in 18 months time or if a real car company will have brought them out.

It’s like amateur night at the local comedy club

Back
Top Bottom