The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Sick of waiting

Del

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:30 PM
Reaction score
I like my dealer - they have been very helpful - but this is really useful information - I will reiterate my intent - I will pay them once the car is ready to collect. If that means them saying "it's ready" then I wait 2 days to clear the money (not sure why that is true with modern banking IT systems), then fine. However I am not happy to pay and then wait for them to do the PDI etc for an undefined time. That amount of money is in my account until the goods are ready.
Totally agree. I had an email nearly a month ago requesting payment and telling me that my car was ready. My dealer (Jardine Kent) have no information regarding delivery. I shall wait until the month is up and then consider suing for non performance - I am getting seriously pissed off.

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
5:30 PM
Reaction score
IA do seem to be letting themselves down right across the board in all areas. A great idea but I would argue that they are not up to scratch in all departments having got this far and don’t seem that bothered about changing it.

I have been subject to the blatant lie from IA that my vehicle was built and on its way and I needed to pay right now. A quick call to the agent put that request into the correct pigeon hole..utter garbage.

If I got the impression they were busting a lung to get things fixed it would seem better, but they seem to be becoming a faceless internet seller. The poor agents don’t seem to be in much of a better situation than the customer

I am currently have the gut feeling this is not going to be as an enjoyable ownership for me as I had initially dreamed of. Unfortunately when I get gut feelings like this I am right.

Last edited:

Hannes01

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:30 PM
Reaction score
sorry for what i'm about to write, but i just had 2 bottles of wine at the lake.
I've been following the IG project for a long time, and after my skepticism after trying it out - without a test drive - I ordered one.
after a lot of blah blah blah and could should have I still don't know when and if my car will even come.
I have the suspicion that Sir JR had a quirk in his head that he pushed through with all his might, after he had his grenadiers he doesn't care about the rest - us.
I can puke!

and yes, I’m absolutley sick of waiting

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
sorry for what i'm about to write, but i just had 2 bottles of wine at the lake.
I've been following the IG project for a long time, and after my skepticism after trying it out - without a test drive - I ordered one.
after a lot of blah blah blah and could should have I still don't know when and if my car will even come.
I have the suspicion that Sir JR had a quirk in his head that he pushed through with all his might, after he had his grenadiers he doesn't care about the rest - us.
I can puke!

and yes, I’m absolutley sick of waiting
I understand you very well. Go for a third bottle, but share it with someone who understands your suffering!

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
10:30 PM
Reaction score
IA do seem to be letting themselves down right across the board in all areas. A great idea but I would argue that they are not up to scratch in all departments having got this far and don’t seem that bothered about changing it.
There's no way of sugar coating the history, but fundamentally they have bought to market something that's pretty special. If I go to the cinema and the popcorn seller is a bit rude to me, it doesn't mean the film will be rubbish (I think Eric Cantona might have said this once?).

I have been subject to the blatant lie from IA that my vehicle was built and on its way and I needed to pay right now. A quick call to the agent put that request into the correct pigeon hole..utter garbage.
There's so much anecdotal evidence that this would have been cock up rather than conspiracy though?
If I got the impression they were busting a lung to get things fixed it would seem better, but they seem to be becoming a faceless internet seller.
I agree they seem to have retreated, pulled up the drawbridge and are hunkering down - but they may well be busting whatever they can to fix things, we just can't see the effort, but the output - vehicles in owner's hands is a real thing and building up momentum.

Last edited:

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
5:30 PM
Reaction score
It’s like I said though DCPU, “if I got the impression”. They need to be doing the exact opposite of what they doing right now. Not hunkering down, but actively communicating, even if it’s utter BS it’s better than nothing in the short term, and looking like they care.

You mention a cock up around billing, is this the same cock up as not giving customers an acknowledgment of payment let alone a receipt, or even getting the name of their own bank account wrong.

I admit it’s easy to sit and criticise, but in the case of IA at this moment in time, it’s like having a very big barrel of fish and a gun with a lot of ammo !!

Falkirkbairn

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Spoke to Grange this morning and mine has arrived. I think I saw a post which said they had received 38 a few weeks back, mine was part of a batch of approx 15 last week and another 20 due next week. Not sure that they have all the extras so likely it will have to go back to be retrofitted. Dropping by on Thursday or Friday for a first look.

beanohallett

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Totally agree. I had an email nearly a month ago requesting payment and telling me that my car was ready. My dealer (Jardine Kent) have no information regarding delivery. I shall wait until the month is up and then consider suing for non performance - I am getting seriously pissed off.
Hi dell, similar story Jardins Kent no idea when it was arriving etc and it arrived that afternoon. It did take Ineos 3 weeks to reconcile my payment even though it was 100% following their instructions. During that time quite a lot of waffle from Jardins about PDI que and wait my turn when in reality INEOS were reconciling their books. Couple of e mails to the head of marketing and sales UK sorted things out and it was PDI's the next day

Anyway long and short is it will arrive on the Transporter tomorrow from Colchester, available on Thursday, exactly 1 year since I ordered it and paid my £2.5k and will be handed over to me Saturday, I must confess the last 2 days delay are entirely my fault as I'm in the wrong part of the country!!.

So Hopefully from Saturday I will be posting on the idiosyncrasies banner !!

Key to success dont let them fob you off and always get a ticket number from ineos support for everything !! Good luck and looking forward to the 1st SE Ineos owners club meet up !!

Del

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:30 PM
Reaction score
Hi dell, similar story Jardins Kent no idea when it was arriving etc and it arrived that afternoon. It did take Ineos 3 weeks to reconcile my payment even though it was 100% following their instructions. During that time quite a lot of waffle from Jardins about PDI que and wait my turn when in reality INEOS were reconciling their books. Couple of e mails to the head of marketing and sales UK sorted things out and it was PDI's the next day

Anyway long and short is it will arrive on the Transporter tomorrow from Colchester, available on Thursday, exactly 1 year since I ordered it and paid my £2.5k and will be handed over to me Saturday, I must confess the last 2 days delay are entirely my fault as I'm in the wrong part of the country!!.

So Hopefully from Saturday I will be posting on the idiosyncrasies banner !!

Key to success dont let them fob you off and always get a ticket number from ineos support for everything !! Good luck and looking forward to the 1st SE Ineos owners club meet up !!
Just getting frustrated - someone’s head should roll simply for the lack of communication. On a lighter note it would be great to meet up with SE owners - hopefully it won’t be in the winter 😁

Arkaig

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
There is no doubt the "customer purchase experience" is not what it should be, nor what we as early handraisers deserve in the 21st century, and I certainly would not knowingly go through all that ever again, Indeed it has left a totally indelible tainted opinion of Ineos Automotive from which they will really struggle to regain my trust. The agents have been tremendous in their dedicated enthusiasm, resources and marketing of the product, limited severely by the current control-freak nature of Ineos Automotive, lack of communication and selling out of their customer service responsibility. The agents are doing their best in very trying circumstances, and in the main are still smiling at customers.

However, I've now had my Gren for 2 weeks, the vehicle with its various foibles (some temporary, some permanent) is absolutely magnificent. I've driven some 1,900 miles and the "Gren Grin" is firmly set. Keep the faith boys, the wait, painfol though it is, is really worthwhile!

Last edited:

beanohallett

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
There is no doubt the "customer purchase experience" is not what it should be, nor what we as early handraisers deserve in the 21st century, and I certainly would not knowingly go through all that ever again, Indeed it has left a totally indelible tainted opinion of Ineos Automotive from which they will really struggle to regain my trust. The agents have been tremendous in their dedicated enthusiasm, resources and marketing of the product, limited severely by the current control-freak nature of Ineos Automotive, lack of communication and selling out of their customer service responsibility. The agents are doing their best in very trying circumstances, and in the main are still smiling at customers.

However, I've now had my Gren for 2 weeks, the vehicle with its various foibles (some temporary, some permanent) is absolutely magnificent. I've driven some 1,900 miles and the "Gren Grin" is firmly set. Keep the faith boys, the wait, painfol though it is, is really worthwhile!
Great news 2 weeks - envious or what,

so whats the feedback and whats the foibles?

Kind regards Garry

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Where do you have this information from? My dealer (Krah+Enders, Maintal, Germany) told me I can relax with the payment, they will do all necessary until then. Additionally, looking at the experiences reported in this forum, the strict way you describe seems impossible for INEOS to action 😉
Direct personal experience of the delivery process with my own vehicle and discussion with the agent regarding their interplay with Ineos HQ; and I have to say other owner's experiences as reported in this forum. All very UK specific as reference to V5 registration alludes.

What seemed impossible to you?

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
It’s like I said though DCPU, “if I got the impression”.
Yes but you'd have to agree you've formed your impression more around a lack of information than a surplus of information; in the strictest of senses it's an "uninformed" impression rather than an "informed" impression.

I don't mean that as any form of personal slur, as the vast majority of us, myself included, have only an "uninformed" impression also. Only Ineos can change that by providing information.

They need to be doing the exact opposite of what they doing right now. Not hunkering down, but actively communicating, even if it’s utter BS it’s better than nothing in the short term, and looking like they care.
Agree to the first part; but do you really want more bullshit?

I think their current comms strategy is based on their track record of over promising and under delivering. Yes, the pendulum has swung to the extreme opposite, but it's possibly better to start from there, regroup and go again.

The other line of communication that they have absolutely no control over is current owners. There's plenty of real world experience starting to roll out. That has to exponentially more relevant to potential owners.

Agents are also getting more organised, and I think are starting to put wheels in motion around the clubhouse idea, meets, fish & chip runs, 4x4 days, etc.

You mention a cock up around billing, is this the same cock up as not giving customers an acknowledgment of payment let alone a receipt, or even getting the name of their own bank account wrong.
Yes ~ it is exactly that; or do you believe JLR has an insider deliberately sabotageing these things?

Good people can end up having their hands tied by using overly complex management systems that just don't quite get the job done.

I admit it’s easy to sit and criticise, but in the case of IA at this moment in time, it’s like having a very big barrel of fish and a gun with a lot of ammo !!
I agree but it's your choice to take the safety off...and I take it off plenty too.

Reactions: PBD

Davman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:30 AM
Reaction score
I thought it already had?
I spoke to my dealer today who is also a Ford, Honda, Hyundai dealer.

He said that as far as communications go, and updates as to where cars are up to in production etc, he said INEOS beats them all hands down. The others have web based tracking systems, but the dealer never look at them as they are all so irrelevant and out of date - it just annoys customers.

So, perhaps INOES aren't that bad after all.

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I spoke to my dealer today who is also a Ford, Honda, Hyundai dealer.

He said that as far as communications go, and updates as to where cars are up to in production etc, he said INEOS beats them all hands down. The others have web based tracking systems, but the dealer never look at them as they are all so irrelevant and out of date - it just annoys customers.

So, perhaps INOES aren't that bad after all.
If they aren't that bad in communication, they make a great job in disguising it!

Back
Top Bottom