The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Sick of waiting

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
8:39 PM
Reaction score
Seems a little passive - couldn't he just jump in and introduce himself like Justin H did in Oz, or do some videos like Greg C in the US?
So in the FB group where the Gary Pearson LinkedIn conversation was reported, this has appeared:

Screenshot_20230414_133437.jpg
So first off, nice to see a direct reply from an Ineos senior manager; and secondly good to see, at least in the Oz market, customers are getting personal updates.

I think the latter was what I was expecting to happen from the wording of the Lynn Calder email of 28th March 2023:

"So, we’ll work over the coming weeks to be a bit more tailored and personal in our communications, with the help of our partners, and give you the best updates we can."

So, it would be nice if UK customers could get the same phone calls that the Oz customers are getting...

OGrid

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:39 AM
Reaction score
Must be select Aus customers. No phone calls to this customer so far.

The usual ‘contract in 2 weeks’ didn’t eventuate either - that was over a month ago.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Must be select Aus customers. No phone calls to this customer so far.

The usual ‘contract in 2 weeks’ didn’t eventuate either - that was over a month ago.
By "build or logistics status" I inferred customers further down the line than "awaiting contract" status.

OGrid

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
By "build or logistics status" I inferred customers further down the line than "awaiting contract" status.
“So, we’ll work over the coming weeks to be a bit more tailored and personal in our communications, with the help of our partners, and give you the best updates we can." - but only to customers in B&H…? Think not.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I see where you are coming from but you are mixing two different messages.

Justin Hocevar's message refers to phone calls.

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:39 PM
Reaction score
The best feedback seems still to be with the dealer …

I was at my dealer again, after some two weeks passing by several times at 100 or 200m!

They have now about 50 cars waiting for delivery:
  • 2 of them will be delivered in the next days, completely ready!
  • Dealer is waiting for the manuals, should arrive in the next days
  • Dealer is also waiting for some stickers (inside the door of fuel: type and tire pressure)
  • Dealer got one set of side steps for one of the cars to be delivered, only one set!
  • All new delivered cars have the right hoses.
Now, about my car:
  • The software was updated
  • The brake hose was replaced
  • They are waiting for the steering hose, should arrive today or on Monday
  • My wipers problem is because of a control module that has to be replaced, but it was delivered (has to be mounted).
  • Work to be done: about two hours + testing.
  • My Roof Cross Bars and Off-Road Recovery Kit didn’t arrive yet
The steering hose is shipped from the warehouse in Belgium, I think that’s the same country as my dealer and myself 😉, probably delivery by “feet”, that’s why it takes some time. Even by bike it should take only one day.

There is some light at the end of the tunnel for me.

Last edited:
Local time
3:39 PM
Reaction score
Good to see. Now we need someone on this forum to receive their Grenadier.
Agreed, wont save this thread though.
The first thing that I'll do after hearing of the first delivery will be to close out this thread, unless one of the members here gets the first Grenadier, then I'll ce congratulating them on their vehicle, then closing this thread.

In keeping the venting here, I'm totally in the ball park of its absolutely the place. It stops us venting to our significant others, friends in the pub, work colleagues or random people on the street.
Yeah, I think for those folks most effected it was good to have a place to come to.

Others disliked reading about it but I found it useful and interesting. So thanks for that.

marko

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The best feedback seems still to be with the dealer …

I was at my dealer again, after some two weeks passing by several times at 100 or 200m!

They have now about 50 cars waiting for delivery:
  • 2 of them will be delivered in the next days, completely ready!
  • Dealer is waiting for the manuals, should arrive in the next days
  • Dealer is also waiting for some stickers (inside the door of fuel: type and tire pressure)
  • Dealer got one set of side steps for one of the cars to be delivered, only one set!
  • All new delivered cars have the right hoses.
Now, about my car:
  • The software was updated
  • The brake hose was replaced
  • They are waiting for the steering hose, should arrive today on Monday
  • My wipers problem is because of a control module that has to be replaced, but it was delivered (has to be mounted).
  • Work to be done: about two hours + testing.
  • My Roof Cross Bars and Off-Road Recovery Kit didn’t arrive yet
The steering hose is shipped from the warehouse in Belgium, I think that’s the same country as my dealer and myself 😉, probably delivery by “feet”, that’s why it takes some time. Even by bike it should take only one day.

Well that's real progress! Have to ask, though......, did your dealer estimate when you could take delivery? Looks to me like end next week should be perfectly possible if you are prepared to go back later for the cross bars and recovery kit.

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
except you know the saying..... it's the train coming in your direction.
But happily

I reckon you are going to be on the road for next weekend, with the cross bars, and you may well be the first of forum members, you deserve to be !!!

Last edited:

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Well that's real progress! Have to ask, though......, did your dealer estimate when you could take delivery? Looks to me like end next week should be perfectly possible if you are prepared to go back later for the cross bars and recovery kit.
He "hopes" end of next week, but I don't believe him :cautious:

Ever Pragmatic

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
He "hopes" end of next week, but I don't believe him :cautious:
Jean, I think you and I are neck and neck regarding delivery…. Personally I think it’ll be the last week of April or May for me… It’ll be Sod’s Law if mine is ready to go and waiting next week as I’ll be in Holland with the family….

Barney

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
in der Nähe von Frankfurt a. M. Deutschland
Spontaneously I drove to my dealer today. Want to see if they have a green vehicle. Maybe put some pressure on... The Ineos representative was on vacation but had a replacement who said there was a green vehicle in the yard. Then he thawed a little. They have 25 vehicles today, a green one arrived this morning.
1. the best it was mine !! :Liebe:
2. All 25 vehicles have the update and are out of transport mode. That's what someone from Hambach was there for this week. Brake hose on mine ok.
3. The vehicle registration documents are still missing in order to be able to register the cars.
4. Some Rock sliders and side kicks are still missing.
5. The trailer balls are still missing, there was a problem with the homologation. The company awaits the delivery.
6. The workshop manager was very enthusiastic about the vehicle and was often in Hambach himself. I think the dealer is really excited about the vehicle and the feedback.
7. Things are progressing, maybe 2-4 weeks until delivery, some vehicles have work to be done, some almost completely ready down to the paperwork.
Conclusion: don't give up, everything will be fine. they made my day !!!

Ever Pragmatic

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I do think things are finally starting to gain some momentum, I’ve gone from ‘in production’ to ‘built and awaiting transit’ in just over 3 weeks - awaiting my local agent, Kirsty, to give me the nod that it’s crossing the water soon into Northampton 🤞
Poor Kirsty is sitting on 15+ vehicles all awaiting delivery.

ADVer

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:39 PM
Reaction score
Fairly new to the forum, so forgive me if this is an unreasonable request. As soon as the first member of the forum receives their IG, perhaps they can start a new thread with a more uplifting title than “sick of waiting” or “no longer sick of waiting”, rather than amend the delivery announcement to this thread. That will provide a placeholder where everyone that follows can post the experience and first impressions once they get their IG. Granted I have not suffered the frustration as others on here have, but I’m sure I’m not alone in wanting to share in the excitement of new owners, and wouldn’t it be great if that excitement was reflected in the title. All in favor?…

Local time
3:39 PM
Reaction score
Fairly new to the forum, so forgive me if this is an unreasonable request. As soon as the first member of the forum receives their IG, perhaps they can start a new thread with a more uplifting title than “sick of waiting” or “no longer sick of waiting”, rather than amend the delivery announcement to this thread. That will provide a placeholder where everyone that follows can post the experience and first impressions once they get their IG. Granted I have not suffered the frustration as others on here have, but I’m sure I’m not alone in wanting to share in the excitement of new owners, and wouldn’t it be great if that excitement was reflected in the title. All in favor?…
Screenshot 2023-04-14 8.46.14 PM.png

There are plenty of uplifting threads on this forum...they just got buried under the angst and dismay.

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
So in the FB group where the Gary Pearson LinkedIn conversation was reported, this has appeared:

View attachment 7808491
So first off, nice to see a direct reply from an Ineos senior manager; and secondly good to see, at least in the Oz market, customers are getting personal updates.

I think the latter was what I was expecting to happen from the wording of the Lynn Calder email of 28th March 2023:

"So, we’ll work over the coming weeks to be a bit more tailored and personal in our communications, with the help of our partners, and give you the best updates we can."

So, it would be nice if UK customers could get the same phone calls that the Oz customers are getting...
That Andrew is me. Have to say Justin has been awesome all along, both on Facebook and some personal interactions and at shows and drive events around the country. And yes my local agent calls or emails me about once a fortnight to give me an update, unfortunately those updates tend to be fairly broad in nature, but that is not his fault or Justin’s they say what they know.

Back
Top Bottom