The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Sick of waiting

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:29 PM
Reaction score
I don't think so. Your vehicle has now been subjected to the highest QA scrutiny.
I'm not sure you could call it the highest - certainly it seems to have gone through more layers of QA than most; but that rather begs the question of why weren't some of these issues picked up earlier?

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I'm not sure you could call it the highest - certainly it seems to have gone through more layers of QA than most; but that rather begs the question of why weren't some of these issues picked up earlier?
I'm hoping none of the dealer held cars do not require manufacturing from scratch?

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I think they where picked up earlier. It came down to expediency were to correct them. Get them out of the way and don't hold up production or you could have 1000s of employees twiddling their thumbs.

Schoeniman

Grenadier Owner
Local time
7:29 PM
Reaction score
@nd I fully agree with you! I was so proud about the initial open communication during the development phase of the car and told all my friends how different Ineos was sharing information at a very early stage already. This open communication helped to build my trust with this new manufacturer.
Today the world around IA isn‘t the same anymore….Customer service that is unintentional lying to you, managers and even a CEO not telling the real open and honest truth.
Poor dealers or agents somehow trying to help out and keeping the mood up with the customers.
Ineos should come clear and provide detailed information about what is going on and what challenges they‘re currently facing.
That would allow us to lean back and say: „thanks IA, that you‘re sorting out all of these terrible problems for us! Hang in there Ineos, we‘ve got your back and will not walk away from this great car!“
Unfortunately Ineos doesn‘t trust US enough, to share the truth.
That is what makes me sad….

Beormund

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
@nd I fully agree with you! I was so proud about the initial open communication during the development phase of the car and told all my friends how different Ineos was sharing information at a very early stage already. This open communication helped to build my trust with this new manufacturer.
Today the world around IA isn‘t the same anymore….Customer service that is unintentional lying to you, managers and even a CEO not telling the real open and honest truth.
Poor dealers or agents somehow trying to help out and keeping the mood up with the customers.
Ineos should come clear and provide detailed information about what is going on and what challenges they‘re currently facing.
That would allow us to lean back and say: „thanks IA, that you‘re sorting out all of these terrible problems for us! Hang in there Ineos, we‘ve got your back and will not walk away from this great car!“
Unfortunately Ineos doesn‘t trust US enough, to share the truth.
That is what makes me sad….
But do we not now have all the information that explains the current delays? A recent call from my local agent explained the latest "campaigns" (such as hose replacements) that were being held up at customs. INEOS want the cars to be right, and if that means delays, so be it. Comms and IT could be a lot better, for sure. But ultimately IA will be judged on vehicle quality, reliability and safety.

Beormund

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I'm hoping none of the dealer held cars do not require manufacturing from scratch?
I doubt IA would ship out vehicles that were so faulty they would need to be scrapped. More likely the parts and service logistics hasn't kept pace with initial production creating challenges for the "campaigns" to be undertaken.

Pessimal

Grenadier Owner
Local time
1:29 PM
Reaction score
Visited my dealer on Sunday just to have a look at the cars and some of them had a paper in front window stating (Transfercase OK). I'm assuming that means in other cases it might not be. No idea if this is new information, I don't follow all threads on here, just thought I would share

Steveo

Global Grenadier #1009
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:29 AM
Reaction score
Visited my dealer on Sunday just to have a look at the cars and some of them had a paper in front window stating (Transfercase OK). I'm assuming that means in other cases it might not be. No idea if this is new information, I don't follow all threads on here, just thought I would share
That’s a new one I think. Team…any speculation on this ?

marko

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I don't think we know all the problems, and I also saw green papers in some cars at my dealer with "transfer case OK". This means indeed that some are not OK!
But no green papers saying “brake pipe ok”, steering hose ok”, or even “wipers ok”? Wonder why highlight the transfer case above the other previously disclosed faults that need to be rectified before handover?

Steveo

Global Grenadier #1009
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
But no green papers saying “brake pipe ok”, steering hose ok”, or even “wipers ok”? Wonder why highlight the transfer case above the other previously disclosed faults that need to be rectified before handover?
It could be that they found an uncalibrated torque wrench had been used to tighten the fasteners in production, therefore torque up of fasteners would be the countermeasure. Could be that, could be anything...

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:29 PM
Reaction score
They replaced the brake pipe at my car: same brand, therefore a quality or spec problem.

I can imagine that replacing the transfer case - if that should be necessary - is quite more complex and time consuming. The testing has probably been done by Ineos personnel, I can not imagine that they leave that to the dealer.

Ever Pragmatic

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
They replaced the brake pipe at my car: same brand, therefore a quality or spec problem.

I can imagine that replacing the transfer case - if that should be necessary - is quite more complex and time consuming. The testing has probably been done by Ineos personnel, I can not imagine that they leave that to the dealer.
Any news on taking delivery Jean?

Wayneos

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
In this vid, the IA driver states that they have had transfer case sensors overheating and that it was across all of their test vehicles around the world. That's the only thing I've heard related to transfer case problems.

View: https://youtu.be/JAoZEcbGyCU?t=1430

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
In this vid, the IA driver states that they have had transfer case sensors overheating and that it was across all of their test vehicles around the world. That's the only thing I've heard related to transfer case problems.

View: https://youtu.be/JAoZEcbGyCU?t=1430
Yes, I think that was early vehicles with no oil cooler. They seem to have trialled a manual pump and oil cooler before a redesign to incorporate the front oil cooler.

Screenshot_20230417_132731.jpgIMG_20230417_132918.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom