The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Sick of waiting

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:21 AM
Reaction score

Trialmaster

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:21 PM
Reaction score
So has he offered an email or phone number for these conversations?

Seems a little passive - couldn't he just jump in and introduce himself like Justin H did in Oz, or do some videos like Greg C in the US?

As Steve Kettle didn't take up the offer for his FB group maybe @Stu_Barnes can jump in and get something set up for him in this forum?
I sent him a mail, it has got lost in the ether. I tried to cancel and the rep at the end of the mail, ignored my request and continued to rattle on about how excited I would be.

So hanging on - just. i think we would all feel much better when Jeremy and others get their cars. Until then, we speculate. 🤔

PS, I asked Steve Kettle some questions and no wiser really.

Ever Pragmatic

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
i have been told that the replacement brake pipe has been dispatched from a warehouse in Belgium and will be at the dealer next week. The software update has been done save for one snag involving the central locking, so once the pipe is fitted there should be absolutely no reason not to register it and deliver…

The locking fault seems is that when you use the remote fob to unlock the beast, it only does the drivers door. When you use it to lock up, it locks them all..

In any case, I think a delivery in the last week of April is possible but I’m resigned to it being May..

The “brand journey“ continues.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
The locking fault seems is that when you use the remote fob to unlock the beast, it only does the drivers door. When you use it to lock up, it locks them all..
I've just finished tarting up my '95 Disco to flog and get the money for insurance and rego.
Today the central locking faulted - the driver's door won't lock/unlock with the fob.
But it has a metal key that does the same job, so I'm not worried.

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
If you push the fob button to unlock twice do all doors then unlock? This has been a safety feature on various vehicles for 20+ yrs ...

Ever Pragmatic

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
If you push the fob button to unlock twice do all doors then unlock? This has been a safety feature on various vehicles for 20+ yrs ...
You could be right but I think it’s something in the settings that just needs toggling. in any case, the dealer is asking ia for a view.

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I've just finished tarting up my '95 Disco to flog and get the money for insurance and rego.
Today the central locking faulted - the driver's door won't lock/unlock with the fob.
But it has a metal key that does the same job, so I'm not worried.
exactly like the current state of my D4.

one step away from keeping the windows open and utilising the Dukes of Hazard method.

beg

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Have a look at Boeing today just released info regarding a couple of bad parts on the 737 max thats going to cost them just shows why QC is important to companies.

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Have a look at Boeing today just released info regarding a couple of bad parts on the 737 max thats going to cost them just shows why QC is important to companies.
was just reading that in the paper. cost Boeing 5pct short-term and the supplier 11pct.

they don't need any sub-standard parts on that model.

beg

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Yes I saw it on cnbc thought it was very relevant to our situation as they continued to produce units .

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
i have been told that the replacement brake pipe has been dispatched from a warehouse in Belgium and will be at the dealer next week.
So that's an early test of the 48 hour parts delivery KPI ~ but when was it ordered?

Have they explained the reason it needs changing?
I'd be checking the solenoid movement and throw/adjustment of any rods/cables.

Ever Pragmatic

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
So that's an early test of the 48 hour parts delivery KPI ~ but when was it ordered?

Have they explained the reason it needs changing?

I'd be checking the solenoid movement and throw/adjustment of any rods/cables.
Was on back order before Easter. Arrived in the the Belgium based parts warehouse on Wednesday, expected at the dealer next week.

Back
Top Bottom