The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Owl Vans - Let's Talk Grenadier Parts!

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:49 PM
Reaction score
Owl Vans have been very responsive to my emails as has @Borg54 (Owl Vans) to any of my queries on the forum. Today I fitted the Owl accessory rail and really like the product. I have also ordered the Rosen visor upgrade from Owl and that will be delivered in the next few days as has now cleared U.K. customs. Also awaiting the ARB compressor under seat mount from Owl that I ordered a few days back.

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:49 PM
Reaction score
I must be unlucky - Owl Vans are still NOT answering my emails. I assume
support@owlvans.com Is still the correct email as that is what they originally responded to.
I am keen to get a few of their products.
Could it be that your email has ended up in their spam folder for whatever reason? I've also had this happen with other companies. And I wondered why they didn't reply.

Local time
Reaction score
I love the vibe of Owl and I always appreciate quality items. It is because of this that I ordered Buzz Overland drawers through them, pre-paid. There are many others who sell these drawers to include direct purchase from the manufacturer. To date, nothing. I have e-mailed and I have called. Different message each time. Responses from Owl: We will be getting delivery the first week of September, they will be here the second week of September.....they will be here in a few days.......they will be here in October......I will call you back with more information (no call back) .........you should be getting shipping info any minute.....nothing, no shipping information........we have to call the manufacturer.......have you called the manufacturer yet?......This is not acceptable I will call the manufacturer and call you back (no call back)..... End of responses from Owl. I'm not sure why they have to call the manufacturer if they received delivery. Will Owl be shipping the items or will Buzz Overland be shipping from the UK? I try to be patient but as supply of the drawers dwindle I grow frustrated that I will be again be waiting for months., while Owl has my money. Owl had no issues charging my credit card quickly and efficiently at the time of the order. Owl is the exclusive distributor for the Rosen Visors, I want to place an order for the Rosen Visors, but I hesitate to pre-pay again and wait....and wait.....and wait....and receive excuse after excuse. Disappointing.

Local time
Reaction score
I purchased the visors and the dash utility rail and coms have been good, but, that really has nothing to do with someone else's experience. My business has been 100% word of mouth for since inception and I’m sure there are customers out there that have legitimate grips . You strive to do everything right but companies are made of people and people aren’t infallible. I think how you correct mistakes is more telling than expecting to be perfect.

Trialmaster

Grenadier Owner
Local time
10:49 PM
Reaction score
Owl Vans have been very responsive to my emails as has @Borg54 (Owl Vans) to any of my queries on the forum. Today I fitted the Owl accessory rail and really like the product. I have also ordered the Rosen visor upgrade from Owl and that will be delivered in the next few days as has now cleared U.K. customs. Also awaiting the ARB compressor under seat mount from Owl that I ordered a few days back.
How are getting the items shipped to the UK @Logsplitter ? I was under the impression that it was a USA only shop!

Local time
Reaction score
I purchased the visors and the dash utility rail and coms have been good, but, that really has nothing to do with someone else's experience. My business has been 100% word of mouth for since inception and I’m sure there are customers out there that have legitimate grips . You strive to do everything right but companies are made of people and people aren’t infallible. I think how you correct mistakes is more telling than expecting to be perfect.
Agreed, people and companies do make mistakes, and that is okay. I always appreciate a company who will tell me that they do not know, but, that they will find the answer or solution and timely communicate the answer or solution. Unfortunately for me, several e-mails, several call (two without any call back though they said that they would call me back) with answers that fell short. I still have no idea when or if the product will be shipped. Follow up and communication is critical. Zimm, glad you had a positive experience.

Dual Grenny Guy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:49 PM
Reaction score
I believe Owl is a distributor for Buzz Overland. Buzz Overland is in the UK.
I have communicated with Ryan @ Buzz on several occasions and he advised that OK4WD is their US distributor, but that OK4WD also has their own network they sell to, so maybe Owl is one of them. I have only purchased Buzz items from OK4WD and Owl only their self made products. But maybe that’s changed as it’s been a minute since I bought from either lately. I read on here of issues on communication/wait times/customer service for Owl, but guess I was lucky as had none of those issues and ordered 3 times with them so far. Haven’t stated customizing my 2nd Grenny yet, but when I do, both these companies are on my list to buy from again. Good to all who purchase anything from either Owl, Buzz or OK4WD, all good products and good people. 👍🙏

NCJeffrey

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I’m in search of an under the rear seats (center atop parking brake cable set) mount for the JBL Nano Subwoofer. I have it place with foam for now but it still vibrates. Can Owl supply this?
IMG_8540.jpeg

Borg54 (Owl Vans)

Grenadier Owner
Supporting Vendor
Local time
2:49 PM
Reaction score
Assuming you don't have anything super unique in your shopify setup....

My friends who have shopify stores like this integration: https://apps.shopify.com/heymerch-sales-stock-counter

You've seen this on many shopify stores. Looks like this: https://minimateapps.myshopify.com/products/hey-bag-stock-zero

fits all current themes and places the information right next to the add to cart button.

my few cents
Unfortunately due to the variety of purchase options for the same product, Shopify does not allow us to track inventory. For example, if we have the same product with a shipping option or local pickup, or installation, Shopify counts that as three different products even if the SKUs are the same. Therefore we could be sold out of “Install” but have stock of “local pickup”. The stock needs to be able to be used for all purchase options. We have yet to find a way to do this

Borg54 (Owl Vans)

Grenadier Owner
Supporting Vendor
Local time
Reaction score
I must be unlucky - Owl Vans are still NOT answering my emails. I assume
support@owlvans.com Is still the correct email as that is what they originally responded to.
I am keen to get a few of their products.
Bobby, when did you email? Support is usually very responsive. We aren’t open on the weekends. There is also a chance it was caught in spam. We will look

Borg54 (Owl Vans)

Grenadier Owner
Supporting Vendor
Local time
Reaction score
I love the vibe of Owl and I always appreciate quality items. It is because of this that I ordered Buzz Overland drawers through them, pre-paid. There are many others who sell these drawers to include direct purchase from the manufacturer. To date, nothing. I have e-mailed and I have called. Different message each time. Responses from Owl: We will be getting delivery the first week of September, they will be here the second week of September.....they will be here in a few days.......they will be here in October......I will call you back with more information (no call back) .........you should be getting shipping info any minute.....nothing, no shipping information........we have to call the manufacturer.......have you called the manufacturer yet?......This is not acceptable I will call the manufacturer and call you back (no call back)..... End of responses from Owl. I'm not sure why they have to call the manufacturer if they received delivery. Will Owl be shipping the items or will Buzz Overland be shipping from the UK? I try to be patient but as supply of the drawers dwindle I grow frustrated that I will be again be waiting for months., while Owl has my money. Owl had no issues charging my credit card quickly and efficiently at the time of the order. Owl is the exclusive distributor for the Rosen Visors, I want to place an order for the Rosen Visors, but I hesitate to pre-pay again and wait....and wait.....and wait....and receive excuse after excuse. Disappointing.
I understand you frustration. When we sell third party products we are reliant on the manufacturer and the dates they give us. We ordered two sets of stock almost five months ago.

We pass on the dates that the manufacturer give us when people reach out. I also have a set of Buzz drawers for my personal grenadier and have been very frustrated at the continued missing of ship dates.

We are considering dropping Buzz if they cannot meet their ship times. Again, we apologize for the delay, wish we had more options to get them to meet their shipping times.

Michael_in_Baja

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
We subsidize the shipping. What you’re paying is less than what we pay. What did you order?
Not mine it seems. I bought the hood and rear door release / handles so the padded envelope they arrived in was maybe 12 ounces.

Shipping from Arizona to Northern California was $29.94. I love the products, I just would think twice if I had an equivalent choice.

I understand what you're saying about subsidized shipping, on certain items the cost is simply built into the cost of doing business reduce sticker shock.

I think the envelope, padding and tape that this shipment came with was probably $.85, the cost of having someone put it in the envelope was maybe $3.00. The actual shipping (UPS Ground) might have been $11.

$30. was alot.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20241020_102011.jpg
    Screenshot_20241020_102011.jpg
    162.1 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Local time
3:49 PM
Reaction score
FYI the owl slider page shows lead times of both mid October and late August…
1729445464709.png

Dual Grenny Guy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:49 PM
Reaction score
Not mine it seems. I bought the hood and rear door release / handles so the padded envelope they arrived in was maybe 12 ounces.

Shipping from Arizona to Northern California was $29.94. I love the products, I just would think twice if I had an equivalent choice.

I understand what you're saying about subsidized shipping, on certain items the cost is simply built into the cost of doing business reduce sticker shock.

I think the envelope, padding and tape that this shipment came with was probably $.85, the cost of having someone put it in the envelope was maybe $3.00. The actual shipping (UPS Ground) might have been $11.

$30. was alot.
I don’t have an issue with someone complaining, but you DID have the option of not hitting the pay button if you were hit in agreement with the shipping costs. You knew the small items you were getting and the shipping cost laid out on the invoice before you paid. 🤷‍♂️

Btw, I also don’t disagree that the shipping was high, but all I’m saying is why complain when you knew and still paid. 🤷‍♂️

Heck, not with Owl, but another vendor I was ordering just some decals for a second order as forgot to get them the fist time and they charged $15 for a piece small 4” piece or printed paper which is ridiculous. But I knew and paid it because like you I wanted it. Yet I knew and still did it, so to me that’s my own decision/fault. Plus there are other costs tied into shipping (their employees packing it up, labeling it, getting it to USPS/Fedex/UPS (not all get pick ups at their location some drop off so gas/drive time/etc), so sometimes it’s not all just what we see. Anyway, just my opinion. Not bashing on you I promise. Heck you’re a Grenny owner & a lifetime supporter, two of my fav peeps after all!! 👍🙌

Michael_in_Baja

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I don’t have an issue with someone complaining, but you DID have the option of not hitting the pay button if you were hit in agreement with the shipping costs. You knew the small items you were getting and the shipping cost laid out on the invoice before you paid. 🤷‍♂️

Btw, I also don’t disagree that the shipping was high, but all I’m saying is why complain when you knew and still paid. 🤷‍♂️

Heck, not with Owl, but another vendor I was ordering just some decals for a second order as forgot to get them the fist time and they charged $15 for a piece small 4” piece or printed paper which is ridiculous. But I knew and paid it because like you I wanted it. Yet I knew and still did it, so to me that’s my own decision/fault. Plus there are other costs tied into shipping (their employees packing it up, labeling it, getting it to USPS/Fedex/UPS (not all get pick ups at their location some drop off so gas/drive time/etc), so sometimes it’s not all just what we see. Anyway, just my opinion. Not bashing on you I promise. Heck you’re a Grenny owner & a lifetime supporter, two of my fav peeps after all!! 👍🙌
It was more an observation than a complaint, and the good fellow from Owl asked and mentioned subsidizing shipping. Clearly I opted to purchase the products because they are among the finest anywhere.

Last edited:

MattG

GG #2987
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:19 AM
Reaction score
We subsidize the shipping. What you’re paying is less than what we pay. What did you order?
I’d be happy with any kind of shipping TBH. I’m still waiting to hear about my order (#2036) for two items that were listed as “in stock”, that I placed and paid for on September 29. I’ve had no response to an email to your company asking for an update. Can someone at Owl Vans please give me an update? Thanks. Matt

Back
Top Bottom