The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Main fuses used in INEOS Grenadier

douggie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:01 PM
Reaction score
The Littelfuse ZCase 350A fuse that Mouser stocks is the wrong mount size - they only stock a ZCase with an M8 hole (3298350.ZXSTA). My 5 way Littelfuse housing has an M10 bolt for the 350A on the Nato Plug wiring to the back and needs a 3298350.ZXM10. I want to order a bunch for me and my Grenadier friends in Aus but the only stockist I can find is Waytek in the USA and they won't ship here, they are not processing international orders at present, even though I thought their site said you can organise a shipping quote).

Can anyone forward a parcel to me in Australia from the US , if I got it shipped to you? Happy to order you fuses from Waytek to settle any postage cost or can send remittance via SWIFT Note fuses are light so 10 of them would be no more than 250g worth.

Cheers Doug.

MACS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:01 AM
Reaction score
Glad you found that @douggie. We all were so glad to find the ZCase fuses at all. And now that...
Here is what the 5-stud-bar looks like:
From another posting: from up to down
1, M10 - shunt from pre-fuse
2, M10 - 300A smartpass
3, M10 - 350A rear NATO plug
4, M8 - 80A high load aux fuse-box

IMG_2100.JPG

MACS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
So far unable to find the 3298350.ZXM10 in Germany. But i think a spare for the NATO-plug is crucial.
We will keep up our investigations...

MACS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
It is all discussed here already, sorry.

douggie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hey so my 5 bar had different bolts for some of those... @MACS - that's not an M8 on your 80A that's an M6 check my photo out with all 3 sizes

The Shunt (which is rated 900) is on an M8 - really when the 350 it supplies is on an M10 ...
the 300A is also on an M8 (SmartPass)
the 350A fuse is on an M10 (Nato)
the 80A is on an M6 (High load AUX)

(You can't get the insulated bolts for love nor money.. I have Mouser chasing the M8 bolt... and you can get a variant of it to adapt from a single Mount ZCASE fuse holder and I've ordered one, but that is not shipping till August)

IMG_3600 Large.jpeg

douggie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Glad you found that @douggie. We all were so glad to find the ZCase fuses at all. And now that...
2, M10 - 300A smartpass

View attachment 7860347
Actually reviewing your photo - the M10 - you need look at the flange rather than the shaft, see how it's bigger than the lug for the #3, easy to spot the difference - so there is only the one M10 (so it actually matches my photo I posted)
1 M8 2 M8 3 M10 4 M6 5 unfilled (no insulated bolt)

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
2, M10 - 300A smartpass

View attachment 7860347
Those nuts looks like (from top to bottom):
M8
M8
M10
M6

EDIT: I looked at the Z Case spec sheet from Swe Check, it states:
1718788165629.jpg
If Douggie's busbar uses an M10 bolt, then it has to be a custom configuration for both the bolt and the fuse in the INEOS busbar. I am getting a headache!

Last edited:

MACS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I indeed rather confused the thread instead of clearifying.
Fact seems that the M10 3298350.ZXM10 is unavailable everywhere.

Maybe we will be able to drill the M8 version to make it fit.

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

I do not think it is you. INEOS should tell us, but it is looking more like INEOS having some custom features on their 5 stud busbar. The INEOS 5 stud busbar appears to use M6, M8 and M10 bolts and the M10 bolt must have some modified 350A fuse to accommodate the M10 bolt (the Swe Check specs state the max internal diameter of ZCase fuses is 8.5mm).

The current goes through the ZCase fuse, not the bolt. So why the M10 bolt? Perhaps to allow for a thicker cable to be attached to the busbar, to minimise voltage drop to the rear NATO plug?

1718789414870.jpg

douggie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

No it is available, waytek in the US stock it. They just wouldn’t ship me 10 to Australia which was my starting post - can anyone help me with to on forward an order.
Screenshot 2024-06-20 at 10.49.52 AM.jpg

Spec sheet:
https://assets-fe147638ed.cdn.insitecloud.net/310ce668855a683/45688.pdf

Screenshot 2024-06-20 at 10.55.25 AM.jpg
And for the record mouser stock an M10 variant of the 300A ZCase fuse, just not the 350A one. So I have gone back to them to ask why not and point out there are a large numbers of Grenadiers out there now with this config. However I am not holding my breath.

Cheers Doug

Last edited:

MACS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I thought i could replace some of the accessorie fuses tith a circuit braker like this.
But the width does not fit :(
image.jpg

das mo

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Using the information in this thread and verifying most of it against my car I have compiled a list of all fuses in the (electrically full-blown) Grenadier. Use it if you find it usefull.

Edit: A new version of the spreadsheet can be found in post #148
The list is missing the 2 Fuse Box 6, 125 amp MEGA fuses (Midi style) for the Power Steering Pump and the Cooling Fan 1 Relay from post #20, no?

AUDIOBUS

Grenadier Owner
Local time
1:01 AM
Reaction score
After some digging around, here's a partial list for North American ordering from Mouser based on the @bnebenda list. I don't claim it's 100% correct, use at your own risk. If anyone would care to double check and make changes, I for one would welcome it.

Attachments

• Fuses Factory with Mouser link_partial not verified.xlsx
    23.3 KB · Views: 19

bnebenda

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
UNDER-HOOD ELECTRICAL CENTRE (FUSE BOX 3)

This Fuse Box is located under the bonnet on front right side near the front (AU Spec vehicle). It has Relays, the longer JCase fuses and Mini blade fuses.

JCase fuses used (the longer ones)
The JCase Fuses (495/PAL Fuses) (the longer ones) are rated at 30 amps (1 fuse) and 40 amps (2 fuses).

Mini blade fuses used
The Mini blade fuses are used are rated at 5 amps, 7.5 amps, 10 amps, 15 amps and 20 amps.

Single Midi fuse used
There is a single Midi fuse rated at 60 amps used in Fuse Box 3 (Hood/Bonnet).

Diagram and photo
View attachment 7843219

View attachment 7843028
Picture from a 2023 model AU Spec Diesel Utility Wagon with the High Load Auxiliary Switch Panel option.

APPARENT POWER SOURCE FOR UNDER-HOOD ELECTRICAL CENTRE (FUSE BOX 3)
The power for the Under-Hood Electrical Centre (Fuse Box 3) appears to come from Stud 5 on the 7 Stud busbar with a ZCASE® MEGA fuse rated at 100 amps marked with Blue tape. See here. Also check the busbar fuse if there is no power to this fuse box.
Hello, any idea where the box is located in a LHD Petrol version?

Rok_Dr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:01 PM
Reaction score
Hello, any idea where the box is located in a LHD Petrol version?
I’d also be interested in knowing as I would like to put some LHD engine bay pics in the next edition of my manual.

@Jean Mercier has put a good pic of his engine bay in this post https://www.theineosforum.com/threa...ssure-coolant-tanks.12412265/#post-1333189171. Looking at it I can find every other component in it except the fuse box!

Finally If anyone has a good quality pic on a LHD diesel engine bay, I’d be most appreciative if you would be able to pm it to me or post here.

Cheers
Steve

Last edited:

bnebenda

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I’d also be interested in knowing as I would like to put some LHD engine bay pics in the next edition of my manual.

@Jean Mercier has put a good pic of his engine bay in this post https://www.theineosforum.com/threa...ssure-coolant-tanks.12412265/#post-1333189171. Looking at it I can find every other component in it except the fuse box!

Finally If anyone has a good quality pic on a LHD diesel engine bay, I’d be most appreciative if you would be able to pm it to me or post here.

Cheers
Steve
I did try to locate the box using an endoscope camera and I believe (did bot really check so far) that it is UNDER the coolant reservoir with the blue cap. I don't see how you can replace a fuse WITHOUT removing the coolant reservoir. I wonder which engineering school teaches to pick such a location.

Rok_Dr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Thanks @bnebenda

That is indeed a strange position putting the fuse box under the reservoir. I hope they waterproofed the housing appropriately. One question was the box you sighted different to the 2 Fuse one you noted in a previous post on this thread, earlier in the year? Perhaps asking your dealer/agent/ineos may be the best way to go.

Cheers
Steve

Hello,

I might have missed it, but I never saw a clear statement regarding the fuse rating of the Winch Fuse Box located under the bonnet

It was a painfull (for my hands) operation, but I suceeded. I removed the 3 bolts fixing the colant reservoir above and removed the two coolant hoses left and right to be able to lift the reservoir just enough to unlatch the yellow clips and peek into the box with an endoscope camera. The two fuses (2-Seater Utility with extra battery, high load switch and front winch sold in Germany if that matters) has got two 125A Mega-Fuses inside.

bnebenda

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Thanks @bnebenda

That is indeed a strange position putting the fuse box under the reservoir. I hope they waterproofed the housing appropriately. One question was the box you sighted different to the 2 Fuse one you noted in a previous post on this thread, earlier in the year? Perhaps asking your dealer/agent/ineos may be the best way to go.

Cheers
Steve
In the past I have taken numerous attempts to retrieve information from my dealer or Ineos directly. What I have learned is that it is a complete waste of time to try either. Maybe my dealer is a particularly bad example.

Conclusion is, either I can find out myself or someone in the forum has already found out and posted it here. It is sad but as it stands I would not buy a Grenadier again, not because of the car itseld (even though it has a few flaws that are really hard to deal with) but because of the lack of responsiveness of Ineos and my dealer and the lack of communication.

Just one recent example: There was (is) a pending call back action regarding self locking nuts in the steering. I learned about it on Facebook or in a whatsapp group (can't remember as of today) first. It was listed officially at the "Kraftfahrtbundesamt". That was a few weeks before I had planned to set off for a 3 month trip to Sardegna. I then contacted my dealer and Ineos to have it fixed before my departure. Both did not know or pretended to not know about it and told me that I should wait for "official" communication. One month after I left home Ineos sent a snail mail asking me to immedeatly have the problem fixed at my dealer. Do I have to say more?

Rok_Dr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
In the past I have taken numerous attempts to retrieve information from my dealer or Ineos directly. What I have learned is that it is a complete waste of time to try either. Maybe my dealer is a particularly bad example.

Conclusion is, either I can find out myself or someone in the forum has already found out and posted it here. It is sad but as it stands I would not buy a Grenadier again, not because of the car itseld (even though it has a few flaws that are really hard to deal with) but because of the lack of responsiveness of Ineos and my dealer and the lack of communication.

Just one recent example: There was (is) a pending call back action regarding self locking nuts in the steering. I learned about it on Facebook or in a whatsapp group (can't remember as of today) first. It was listed officially at the "Kraftfahrtbundesamt". That was a few weeks before I had planned to set off for a 3 month trip to Sardegna. I then contacted my dealer and Ineos to have it fixed before my departure. Both did not know or pretended to not know about it and told me that I should wait for "official" communication. One month after I left home Ineos sent a snail mail asking me to immedeatly have the problem fixed at my dealer. Do I have to say more?
I do have to agree with you. Excellent vehicle but they have totally underestimated the amount of work needed to provide timely effective support to owners. I would probably buy again but only because the alternative a Landcrusier 70 series is pitiful in comparison. Thankfully I'm still getting some sense from my dealer principal but there has been a large turnover in their service department which hasn't helped. I still send occasional emails to INEOS Support but accept that the response will be slow and not answer my question. Occasionally though I have been surprised.

Now I wonder where this under bonnet fuse box is on LHD vehicles?

Cheers
Steve

YIPPE

GG #00286
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Yes communication could be better. Car is just amazing. But disappointing/frustrating to have no correspondence regarding my car needing transfer case replacement until I went in for its first service. If I were away on a trip and it went bang.... Well I would be furious. My dealer can send me plenty of marketing emails, But nothing regarding concerns or checks to be carried out. Even after Ive voiced the concern and suggested to keep on-top of it for other customers... It falls on deaf ears.
Now I've had software update and transfer. I think it's time to service elsewhere and just ring around now and then quoting my vin to see if any new checks/recalls are out.
And no... My vin was not on the list circling for those needing transfer case replacements

Back
Top Bottom