The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Ineos forced to shut down production on supplier issue

Media starting to break that production of the IG is going to be paused until 2025 due to financial troubles at one of its suppliers.

The UK dealers were just told and mine told me today but I didn't post anything until I saw it starting to appear in the media. I cant see behind the paywall but I wonder if this is recaro?

Trialmaster

Grenadier Owner
Local time
8:20 PM
Reaction score
Another conspiracy theory rabbit hole 😉

My VIN is 1070 and has been very reliable, except for the launch bongs, which were sorted a year ago with a software update. I've also had the steering aligned and it is now perfect on the road.

Last edited:

LC0013

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:20 PM
Reaction score
And where the law that only positiv vibes are allowed? Like landmannn wrote, just block the ones you don’t want to read. As long as there is a decent way of communication we should be able to stand other options. But I get the feeling that this for many people is no guiding principle anymore.
Who said something about allowing "only positive vibes". Certainly not me. I just said that some appear to be trolls. And they do. You can block all you want but that is not a route that I care to take.

Local time
Reaction score
Got my VIN 10 days ago.(9/12/24) VIN: 22635 Was told to expect in November 2024 or earlier. I couldn't make any changes, told the vehicle was in production. I hope that means they have the seats already assigned along with everything else. 🙏 I'll get the Grenadier in Nov. 24.

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
12:20 PM
Reaction score
Got my VIN 10 days ago.(9/12/24) VIN: 22635 Was told to expect in November 2024 or earlier. I couldn't make any changes, told the vehicle was in production. I hope that means they have the seats already assigned along with everything else. 🙏 I'll get the Grenadier in Nov. 24.
What was your order date? Also I would assume you have seats allocated since you have a VIN.

Local time
3:20 PM
Reaction score
There are enough of those on the lot to last 2 years. My local dealer has as many 95g raptors as all other broncos on the lot. I'm not saying they aren't awesome for what they are, it just seems they overestimated how many people want that truck at that price.
I understand, just thought 720hp, why not🤷🏻‍♂️. I also did not pay a markup.

Local time
Reaction score
What concerns me is how sudden everything was shut down and public ally acknowledged. Clearly, this is not a small issue.

I am hopeful it is a case of under-promise and over-deliver, but maybe the values will be more stable. For what the Grenadier is, it is WAY under valued. These should honestly be another $20/30k and the volume wouldn’t change. Way cooler than a Range Rover.

I think it would almost be easier to buy Recaro (if that is the issue) than wait. As much as I loved the fact that so many high-end suppliers made me feel comfortable, I never saw this angle coming.

Local time
1:20 PM
Reaction score
What concerns me is how sudden everything was shut down and public ally acknowledged. Clearly, this is not a small issue.

I am hopeful it is a case of under-promise and over-deliver, but maybe the values will be more stable. For what the Grenadier is, it is WAY under valued. These should honestly be another $20/30k and the volume wouldn’t change. Way cooler than a Range Rover.

I think it would almost be easier to buy Recaro (if that is the issue) than wait. As much as I loved the fact that so many high-end suppliers made me feel comfortable, I never saw this angle coming.
A YouTuber just posted a video on this topic. He received email from ineos on 9/2, regarding cancellation of a scheduled factory tour in Nov, due to production uncertainties… About a month forward, now we have this in the news

View: https://youtu.be/yCP2shw0y7w?si=7ha3WTvNKdBPGDPt

Last edited:

WanderingSniper

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:20 PM
Reaction score
A YouTuber just posted a video on this topic. He received email from ineos on 9/2, regarding cancellation of a scheduled factory tour in Nov, due to production uncertainties… About a month forward, now we have this in the news

View: https://youtu.be/yCP2shw0y7w?si=7ha3WTvNKdBPGDPt
I saw this as well tonight. That means they have known about this for a while. I understand them not telling us as they search for solutions. However it does mean they have tried to fix this other ways. It would seem their best bet is to retool for a new seat, do the testing, and announce the brand new 2025 model year. On that same note did they ever produce the 1924 Bellstaff model? It could be their new launch car.

Local time
Reaction score

If a large manufacturer like vw, gm, ford, toyota builds this exact truck, its 65g and all the little issues are gone. we already paid the extra 20 for the small volume manufacturer cool tax. Another 30 and this thing is DOA. I think they would have been better off lowering the price to hit higher volume targets, but it's tough not to get caught up in your own hype.

Local time
Reaction score
I'm surprised Volvo isn't having the same issues. They are all in on recaro seats.
According to Automotive News - this is Recaro of Germany automotive seats business - the only production series they supply is Grenadier. The rest are aftermarket which is a shrinking market. Perhaps Volvo use another Recaro division . Recaro also make aviation seats that are not connected to the insolvency so it’s not as simple. I guess it’s specifically relating to a loss making German Recaro factory.

Local time
Reaction score
Recaro makes all of the following products:

Founded in 1906 in Germany, the company has grown significantly over the years, with a reputation for ergonomic and sporty designs.
Recaro's Seat Manufacturing Areas:
  1. Automotive Industry: Recaro produces seats for many car manufacturers, especially high-performance and luxury brands. These include:
    • Porsche
    • Ford (for example, in the Mustang)
    • Audi
    • Mercedes-AMG
    • BMW M series
    • Volkswagen (GTI, R models)
    • Chevrolet (Camaro, Corvette)
  2. Motorsport: Recaro is a dominant name in motorsports, supplying racing seats for Formula 1, endurance racing, and other competitions.
  3. Aircraft Industry: Recaro Aircraft Seating is a separate division that manufactures seats for commercial airplanes, working with airlines like Lufthansa, Qatar Airways, and United Airlines.
  4. Child Seats: Recaro also manufactures child safety seats, combining comfort with advanced safety features.
    Here's a breakdown of what else Recaro makes:

1. Child Safety Seats:​

Recaro produces high-end child car seats, offering advanced safety features like side-impact protection and ergonomic designs to ensure comfort and security for children.​

2. Aircraft Seating:
Recaro Aircraft Seating is a leader in providing lightweight, ergonomic, and durable seats for the aviation industry. These seats are designed to maximize space, comfort, and fuel efficiency for airlines. They supply both economy and business class seats.
3. Gaming Chairs:
Recaro has recently entered the gaming market, producing ergonomic gaming chairs inspired by their automotive seating technology. These chairs are designed for long sessions, offering support for gamers and streamers.
4. Office Chairs:
Recaro also manufactures high-performance office chairs with ergonomic features, designed to enhance productivity and comfort during long working hours. These chairs are often tailored for professionals who value both function and aesthetics.
5. Train Seats:
Recaro supplies seats for trains, focusing on ergonomics and passenger comfort over long journeys. These seats are made for high-speed rail and regional trains.
6. Commercial Vehicle Seats:
Recaro designs seating for commercial vehicles, such as trucks and buses, aiming to improve driver comfort and reduce fatigue during long-haul trips. These seats are engineered to provide lumbar support and are often adjustable for various driver preferences.
Recaro's product lines consistently reflect their dedication to ergonomics, safety, and performance, adapting their expertise in seating across various industries.
Recaro in the USA...Clinton Twp, Michigan. And they are around the world. EU & Asia.

ALL posted information came from ChatGPT 4.0

Last edited:

landmannnn

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Recaro makes all of the following products:

Founded in 1906 in Germany, the company has grown significantly over the years, with a reputation for ergonomic and sporty designs.
Recaro's Seat Manufacturing Areas:
  1. Automotive Industry: Recaro produces seats for many car manufacturers, especially high-performance and luxury brands. These include:
    • Porsche
    • Ford (for example, in the Mustang)
    • Audi
    • Mercedes-AMG
    • BMW M series
    • Volkswagen (GTI, R models)
    • Chevrolet (Camaro, Corvette)
  2. Motorsport: Recaro is a dominant name in motorsports, supplying racing seats for Formula 1, endurance racing, and other competitions.
  3. Aircraft Industry: Recaro Aircraft Seating is a separate division that manufactures seats for commercial airplanes, working with airlines like Lufthansa, Qatar Airways, and United Airlines.
  4. Child Seats: Recaro also manufactures child safety seats, combining comfort with advanced safety features.
    Here's a breakdown of what else Recaro makes:

1. Child Safety Seats:​

Recaro produces high-end child car seats, offering advanced safety features like side-impact protection and ergonomic designs to ensure comfort and security for children.​

2. Aircraft Seating:
Recaro Aircraft Seating is a leader in providing lightweight, ergonomic, and durable seats for the aviation industry. These seats are designed to maximize space, comfort, and fuel efficiency for airlines. They supply both economy and business class seats.
3. Gaming Chairs:
Recaro has recently entered the gaming market, producing ergonomic gaming chairs inspired by their automotive seating technology. These chairs are designed for long sessions, offering support for gamers and streamers.
4. Office Chairs:
Recaro also manufactures high-performance office chairs with ergonomic features, designed to enhance productivity and comfort during long working hours. These chairs are often tailored for professionals who value both function and aesthetics.
5. Train Seats:
Recaro supplies seats for trains, focusing on ergonomics and passenger comfort over long journeys. These seats are made for high-speed rail and regional trains.
6. Commercial Vehicle Seats:
Recaro designs seating for commercial vehicles, such as trucks and buses, aiming to improve driver comfort and reduce fatigue during long-haul trips. These seats are engineered to provide lumbar support and are often adjustable for various driver preferences.
Recaro's product lines consistently reflect their dedication to ergonomics, safety, and performance, adapting their expertise in seating across various industries.
Recaro in the USA...Clinton Twp, Michigan. And they are around the world. EU & Asia.
Just to add for clarity, Recaro do not make automotive seating. The brand name and production were sold to Johnson Controls (a giant global manufacturer). They since sold it on.

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Are you fat, fit or thin? I have a theory, that the more your body has the consistency of dough the more it contours to whatever vessel you plop it in, and the less you give a shit about adjustments.
Fit 74kg and not much body fat.

G-Man

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I saw this as well tonight. That means they have known about this for a while. I understand them not telling us as they search for solutions. However it does mean they have tried to fix this other ways. It would seem their best bet is to retool for a new seat, do the testing, and announce the brand new 2025 model year. On that same note did they ever produce the 1924 Bellstaff model? It could be their new launch car.
1924 special edition will now be available as a 101st anniversary model in 2025 by the looks of it, Ineos have updated their website to add 5-7 month delivery for all vehicles in their configurators, at least on the UK site:

1727111604627.png

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom