The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Ineos forced to shut down production on supplier issue

Media starting to break that production of the IG is going to be paused until 2025 due to financial troubles at one of its suppliers.

The UK dealers were just told and mine told me today but I didn't post anything until I saw it starting to appear in the media. I cant see behind the paywall but I wonder if this is recaro?

LC0013

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:17 AM
Reaction score
And where the law that only positiv vibes are allowed? Like landmannn wrote, just block the ones you don’t want to read. As long as there is a decent way of communication we should be able to stand other options. But I get the feeling that this for many people is no guiding principle anymore.
Who said something about allowing "only positive vibes". Certainly not me. I just said that some appear to be trolls. And they do. You can block all you want but that is not a route that I care to take.

Local time
12:17 AM
Reaction score
Got my VIN 10 days ago.(9/12/24) VIN: 22635 Was told to expect in November 2024 or earlier. I couldn't make any changes, told the vehicle was in production. I hope that means they have the seats already assigned along with everything else. 🙏 I'll get the Grenadier in Nov. 24.

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
10:17 PM
Reaction score
Got my VIN 10 days ago.(9/12/24) VIN: 22635 Was told to expect in November 2024 or earlier. I couldn't make any changes, told the vehicle was in production. I hope that means they have the seats already assigned along with everything else. 🙏 I'll get the Grenadier in Nov. 24.
What was your order date? Also I would assume you have seats allocated since you have a VIN.

Local time
1:17 AM
Reaction score
There are enough of those on the lot to last 2 years. My local dealer has as many 95g raptors as all other broncos on the lot. I'm not saying they aren't awesome for what they are, it just seems they overestimated how many people want that truck at that price.
I understand, just thought 720hp, why not🤷🏻‍♂️. I also did not pay a markup.

Local time
1:17 AM
Reaction score
What concerns me is how sudden everything was shut down and public ally acknowledged. Clearly, this is not a small issue.

I am hopeful it is a case of under-promise and over-deliver, but maybe the values will be more stable. For what the Grenadier is, it is WAY under valued. These should honestly be another $20/30k and the volume wouldn’t change. Way cooler than a Range Rover.

I think it would almost be easier to buy Recaro (if that is the issue) than wait. As much as I loved the fact that so many high-end suppliers made me feel comfortable, I never saw this angle coming.

Local time
11:17 PM
Reaction score
What concerns me is how sudden everything was shut down and public ally acknowledged. Clearly, this is not a small issue.

I am hopeful it is a case of under-promise and over-deliver, but maybe the values will be more stable. For what the Grenadier is, it is WAY under valued. These should honestly be another $20/30k and the volume wouldn’t change. Way cooler than a Range Rover.

I think it would almost be easier to buy Recaro (if that is the issue) than wait. As much as I loved the fact that so many high-end suppliers made me feel comfortable, I never saw this angle coming.
A YouTuber just posted a video on this topic. He received email from ineos on 9/2, regarding cancellation of a scheduled factory tour in Nov, due to production uncertainties… About a month forward, now we have this in the news

View: https://youtu.be/yCP2shw0y7w?si=7ha3WTvNKdBPGDPt

Last edited:

WanderingSniper

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:17 PM
Reaction score
A YouTuber just posted a video on this topic. He received email from ineos on 9/2, regarding cancellation of a scheduled factory tour in Nov, due to production uncertainties… About a month forward, now we have this in the news

View: https://youtu.be/yCP2shw0y7w?si=7ha3WTvNKdBPGDPt
I saw this as well tonight. That means they have known about this for a while. I understand them not telling us as they search for solutions. However it does mean they have tried to fix this other ways. It would seem their best bet is to retool for a new seat, do the testing, and announce the brand new 2025 model year. On that same note did they ever produce the 1924 Bellstaff model? It could be their new launch car.

Back
Top Bottom