The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Ineos forced to shut down production on supplier issue

Media starting to break that production of the IG is going to be paused until 2025 due to financial troubles at one of its suppliers.

The UK dealers were just told and mine told me today but I didn't post anything until I saw it starting to appear in the media. I cant see behind the paywall but I wonder if this is recaro?

DoubleDoom

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
9:21 PM
Reaction score
My VIN is 21528 and I picked it up 14 days ago. So using the logic that some here have offered, I’m guessing you picked yours up from the dealership 12 minutes ago and they made nearly 1100 cars in the past 11 work days. Unlikely - right? Right. This is why I doubt the 20,000 car figure.
You are in US. So, that is about 5-6 months to get the vehicle over to you assuming it was an order and not a stock vehicle. Mine was delivered last week but built in July

Last edited:
Local time
2:21 PM
Reaction score
My VIN is 21528 and I picked it up 14 days ago. So using the logic that some here have offered, I’m guessing you picked yours up from the dealership 12 minutes ago and they made nearly 1100 cars in the past 11 work days. Unlikely - right? Right. This is why I doubt the 20,000 car figure.
If you suspect ineos to be exaggerating the sales number, isn’t that more troubling?

ForceV4

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:21 PM
Reaction score
If you suspect ineos to be exaggerating the sales number, isn’t that more troubling?

It’s a tiring hypothesis. All I know is that I got the best vehicle in the world! If they made 20,000 then so be it. I’ll buy you all beer 🍺.

DoubleDoom

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
9:21 PM
Reaction score
I think they have made over 22,000 but that doesn't mean they have sold over 20,000. I bet if you added up the unsold stock, then they are still under 20,000.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:21 PM
Reaction score
You are in US. So, that is about 5-6 months to get the vehicle over to you assuming it was an order and not a stock vehicle. Mine was delivered last week but built in July
For what it's worth, mine was built near the end of January, and including a 2 week delay at the US port, was in my driveway in Mid April; so much faster than 5-6 months

Local time
4:21 PM
Reaction score
My 24 Raptor R has Recaro seats. Had dinner with the owner of the dealership last week and he didn’t mention anything about Ford having a problem. Going to call him tomorrow.

Maybe a buying opportunity for Ineos👍🏻
There are enough of those on the lot to last 2 years. My local dealer has as many 95g raptors as all other broncos on the lot. I'm not saying they aren't awesome for what they are, it just seems they overestimated how many people want that truck at that price.

LC0013

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:21 PM
Reaction score
Who is the one telling people to leave if they don't meet your criteria of ownership? Keep in mind, when many of us joined, there were no owners.
Right, but they were not acting like trolls as some appear to be doing now and it seems rather odd, perhaps like a anti-hunter joining a hunting forum.....

LC0013

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:21 PM
Reaction score
But in my opinion it is either careless, mean or stupid to write that he has a “pseudo engineering perspective” or is a troll.
Or, maybe, factual. I have to agree with TerryS in that some poster seem to be mostly negative and troll like.

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:21 PM
Reaction score
Or, maybe, factual. I have to agree with TerryS in that some poster seem to be mostly negative and troll like.
And where the law that only positiv vibes are allowed? Like landmannn wrote, just block the ones you don’t want to read. As long as there is a decent way of communication we should be able to stand other options. But I get the feeling that this for many people is no guiding principle anymore.

Back
Top Bottom