The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Ineos forced to shut down production on supplier issue

Media starting to break that production of the IG is going to be paused until 2025 due to financial troubles at one of its suppliers.

The UK dealers were just told and mine told me today but I didn't post anything until I saw it starting to appear in the media. I cant see behind the paywall but I wonder if this is recaro?

DoubleDoom

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
12:30 AM
Reaction score
My VIN is 21528 and I picked it up 14 days ago. So using the logic that some here have offered, I’m guessing you picked yours up from the dealership 12 minutes ago and they made nearly 1100 cars in the past 11 work days. Unlikely - right? Right. This is why I doubt the 20,000 car figure.
You are in US. So, that is about 5-6 months to get the vehicle over to you assuming it was an order and not a stock vehicle. Mine was delivered last week but built in July

Last edited:
Local time
5:30 PM
Reaction score
My VIN is 21528 and I picked it up 14 days ago. So using the logic that some here have offered, I’m guessing you picked yours up from the dealership 12 minutes ago and they made nearly 1100 cars in the past 11 work days. Unlikely - right? Right. This is why I doubt the 20,000 car figure.
If you suspect ineos to be exaggerating the sales number, isn’t that more troubling?

ForceV4

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:30 PM
Reaction score
If you suspect ineos to be exaggerating the sales number, isn’t that more troubling?

It’s a tiring hypothesis. All I know is that I got the best vehicle in the world! If they made 20,000 then so be it. I’ll buy you all beer 🍺.

DoubleDoom

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
12:30 AM
Reaction score
I think they have made over 22,000 but that doesn't mean they have sold over 20,000. I bet if you added up the unsold stock, then they are still under 20,000.

Back
Top Bottom