The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

How long are you expecting to keep your Grenadier?

How long are you planning on keeping your Grenadoer

• Total voters
Local time
6:35 PM
Reaction score
I read somewhere that the Grenadier was designed for a 25 year life span. That’s impressive!

Reactions: Max

Max

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:35 PM
Reaction score
I read somewhere that the Grenadier was designed for a 25 year life span. That’s impressive!
That might be the case if it is left outside in the weather :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

The anti-perforation warranty on the ladder frame is 12 years...Anti-perforation is identified as rust through corrosion of the painted metal body panels from the inside or underside of the panels occurring as a result of faulty workmanship or faulty materials used during the original manufacturing process of the vehicle...That's impressive!

parb

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I've pretty much always had my cars for over a decade. I had a lemon once which I got rid of after 3 years. I'm about to replace my 2008 volvo XC90 daily driver. It's pretty heavily worn...

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
11:35 AM
Reaction score
That might be the case if it is left outside in the weather :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

The anti-perforation warranty on the ladder frame is 12 years...Anti-perforation is identified as rust through corrosion of the painted metal body panels from the inside or underside of the panels occurring as a result of faulty workmanship or faulty materials used during the original manufacturing process of the vehicle...That's impressive!
The warranty is interesting and surprising that it varies in different countries
1721454988874.png

Attachments

• 1721454909514.png
    1721454909514.png
    164.5 KB · Views: 14

Max

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The warranty is interesting and surprising that it varies in different countries
View attachment 7864140
I was checking that out before I posted...Paint and accessories in OZ are interesting...maybe because we have a lack of acid rain and salt on roads? (y)

YIPPE

GG #00286
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:35 AM
Reaction score
I'm 34 and I hope my gren will last me at least 30 years. Ive had my gren for just over a year. Work has been busy and the car is only for trips so a mere 6000km so far, that will increase over time. I expect over 30 years I'll be at 300k km. Could be a lot more so long as maintenance is kept up (this is a guarantee) it should last. I only see failure being due to being written off (won't be as easy to rebuild like a series Landrover). Computers/software becoming obsolete and not supported (surely gets to a point of not being touched though) or the government making it impossible to own a diesel or petrol for that matter due to emission reasons. This car in mechanical format it over engineered and should last a lifetime. Tolerance are more precise though and could also play a part in failures. Fingers crossed not and it lasts. LONG LIVE THE GREN!

CRH

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:35 AM
Reaction score
I'm 34 and I hope my gren will last me at least 30 years. Ive had my gren for just over a year. Work has been busy and the car is only for trips so a mere 6000km so far, that will increase over time. I expect over 30 years I'll be at 300k km. Could be a lot more so long as maintenance is kept up (this is a guarantee) it should last. I only see failure being due to being written off (won't be as easy to rebuild like a series Landrover). Computers/software becoming obsolete and not supported (surely gets to a point of not being touched though) or the government making it impossible to own a diesel or petrol for that matter due to emission reasons. This car in mechanical format it over engineered and should last a lifetime. Tolerance are more precise though and could also play a part in failures. Fingers crossed not and it lasts. LONG LIVE THE GREN!
Couldn't have put it better

Local time
Reaction score
I didn't vote as I don't yet have one, but if I will get one it is for the lifetime.
With words of a song of El Sueño de Morfeo/Para toda la vida (first on this playlist):

This is also good to remember: Today is the first day of rest of your life.
La Oreja de Van Gogh/El Primer Día de Resto de Mi Vida:

Last edited:

landmannnn

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
IA claim the steel body is galvanised and the chassis is KTL dipped (a process where the paint is adhered using a cathodic reaction and then baked).
So hopefully those of us living in more humid areas won't suffer corrosion.

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
You won't be able to buy diesel in 15 years' time. The WOKE Teals Greens will make sure of it.

Reactions: Max
Local time
8:35 PM
Reaction score
Shooting for 35 yrs. My 2 daily's I drive now 34 and 29 yrs old now. I keep all my cars lol. Grenadier is #6.

Reactions: CRH
Local time
Reaction score
60 now I expect the UK Government will stop me driving in 25 to 30 years time. Then I will just park it up and keep it.

Coullabus

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
I’ve selected the Prince Phillip option. Does that mean I inherit his cash? :)

I tend to keep vehicles for a long time. Basically until they cease to be economic to repair.
I bought my last Defender in 2011. Said that might be my last car.
I bought my XC90 in 2018. My first ‘brand new’ car. Said that it will be my last car.
I bought my Grenadier last year….. I’m 66 and suspect this really will be my last off-road vehicle.

The friend who now owns my last Defender keeps telling me that he expects to buy my Grenadier in 10 or 15 years time!

Hicarus

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Unless I've been outmaneuvered, at 83 knocking on 84, I'm still the oldest Grenadier owner - perhaps I'll learn differently from this post - any offers?
How long will I keep it? Well, there can't be that many miles left in this old corpse, so if the bugs, viruses, senility and the "antiques shouldn't drive mob" don't ground me, I reckon my kids will be using it as my hearse.......
If only someone would tell me how for that is ahead.:D

bill586

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I will likely keep driving a Grenadier for life. But I will replace my current one with a new one every 3 to 5 years. Until they stop making gas/diesel powered ones, I will keep the last one until it dies.

Rfm147

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I have had my Grenadier for just over one year now and it's becoming part of the family. I feel that it drives better now than when it was new.
I originally purchased it hoping that it has been "Built to Last" and I can keep it for many years. I feel that a well built vehicle that can be repaired and that will last for many years must be better for the environment than scrapping cars / electric cars after 6 to 10 years.
Obviously the service manual will be super useful once it's outside of the manufacturers warranty 🤞
I agree mine feels better than the day I bought it , can’t tell if it’s me or it’s be some more smooth , the engine sounds feels amazing, the gears shirt smoother

Sparkle Muffin

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I absolutely love my Grenny! I have had her for about 5 months and I get excited every day just to drive, I am the first to volunteer to drive anywhere, even with our so-cal gas prices! I am so grateful for Ineos! I can’t wait to adventure with them across the US!

Attachments

• IMG_4691.jpeg
    IMG_4691.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 10

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
Reaction score
I agree mine feels better than the day I bought it , can’t tell if it’s me or it’s be some more smooth , the engine sounds feels amazing, the gears shirt smoother
The ZF gearbox is adaptive, so it learns how you drive and adjusts the shifting points a little, it takes a while for it to dial in.

At least thats what I understand to be the case. Experts debunk or not.....

Back
Top Bottom