The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

How long are you expecting to keep your Grenadier?

How long are you planning on keeping your Grenadoer

• Total voters

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:03 PM
Reaction score
Old Neville across the road from me is 97 or could now be 98 and he drives every day in his Hyundai.
Last week he had a mobility scooter delivered.
He uses that now for short trips down to the boat ramp
Nev's place is the little house I have drawn the red arrow on
The boat ramp is obviously the other red arrow.
My house with my nice new shed and the Grenadier parked in it is circled in yellow.
The house with the big red teardrop is for sale for $1.6 Million.

View attachment 7863954
View attachment 7863956
Hi Dave, You live in a beautiful area. You are blessed and have a Grenadier too!
DaBull

CRH

Grenadier Owner
Local time
3:03 AM
Reaction score
It seams the sales waffle of a well-made truck, which has meant all/most of us intend to keep for life or until our useless governments decide we are not allowed to drive them. Makes you wonder how they will keep selling them if we don't trade in for the 'Shiny New Ones'?

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
10:03 PM
Reaction score
My first AND last new car. I won’t be selling this assuming it doesn’t turn into an absolute croc of in the future.

As I always say, they can bury me in it 👍

landmannnn

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
It really depends on how well the body/chassis lasts, especially corrosion.

Probably 200k miles for me.

Reactions: Max

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Old Neville across the road from me is 97 or could now be 98 and he drives every day in his Hyundai.
Last week he had a mobility scooter delivered.
He uses that now for short trips down to the boat ramp
Nev's place is the little house I have drawn the red arrow on
The boat ramp is obviously the other red arrow.
My house with my nice new shed and the Grenadier parked in it is circled in yellow.
The house with the big red teardrop is for sale for $1.6 Million.

View attachment 7863954
View attachment 7863956
It is a nice area but overpriced as badly as Sunshine Coast! Good fishing throughout!

PS: Plan to keep the Gren for a long time. There is nothing at this price point remotely good.

G-Man

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
And Land Rover…
The rusty rear cross member is a design feature - it's patina shows the world how badass you are (and only hints at the horrors occurring underneath 😲) It's the automotive equivalent of wearing your jeans at half-mast so the people behind you can see your underwear :LOL:

rust.jpg

AMD66

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
As long as we both can plod on.
The kids can sort it when I’m gone, until then, it’s a none negotiable - The Gren is a Keeper !

Jeroendecker

Grenadier Owner
Local time
4:03 AM
Reaction score
I have had my Grenadier for just over one year now and it's becoming part of the family. I feel that it drives better now than when it was new.
I originally purchased it hoping that it has been "Built to Last" and I can keep it for many years. I feel that a well built vehicle that can be repaired and that will last for many years must be better for the environment than scrapping cars / electric cars after 6 to 10 years.
Obviously the service manual will be super useful once it's outside of the manufacturers warranty 🤞
I really wanted to stop the consuming cycle of always having to feed into the desire of needing a new vehicle. With my Grenadiers I hope I have found that peace of mind in this category in my life. What more can I want when looking at this vehicle each morning. It makes me emotional when I realize how grateful I am I'm allowed to have something like this.

Rab

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Doctor told me I can drive in three weeks after my hip surgery. Next time I will not drive it is the next hip replacement, and then next time the next problem until they tell me I can't be repaired anymore.

Same for my Grenadier ...
Just keep at the beer Belgian Gandalf, it has remarkable lubricating qualities (maybe not joints though)

Ever Pragmatic

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I plan to change mine when Ineos sell the last of the diesel variant, before they’re forced to put some battery powered nonsense out.. I’ll then run that until they stop selling diesel or I die..

I bought one of the last bmw 530d’s and will run that as long as I can.. More frequent oil changes and parking them under cover will make them last..

I’m dammed if I’m going to drive an ev….

Max

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:03 PM
Reaction score
Doctor told me I can drive in three weeks after my hip surgery. Next time I will not drive it is the next hip replacement, and then next time the next problem until they tell me I can't be repaired anymore.

Same for my Grenadier ...
I think the same way..to go down with the ship...but I believe it will outlast my driving ability...so it doesn't mean I can't be driven in it;)

Back
Top Bottom