The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Grenadier vs 2024 Land Cruiser

255/85

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
9:24 AM
Reaction score
I hate newfangled nonsense. Troubadours never went blank in a power outage, not like these ridiculous electronicalistic TV things.😀
But troubadours often got viruses and shit the bed just like software.

MurphyMurph

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Anyone know of the Land Cruiser Heritage Museum in Salt Lake City has one of the new Land Cruisers or was that just for the press release?

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:24 PM
Reaction score
Anyone know of the Land Cruiser Heritage Museum in Salt Lake City has one of the new Land Cruisers or was that just for the press release?
I'm not sure if it will stay there (I would imagine not), but they will have one for Cruiser Fest (Sept 9th)

MurphyMurph

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I'm not sure if it will stay there (I would imagine not), but they will have one for Cruiser Fest (Sept 9th)
I saw that! Pretty cool. I’ll be there earlier that week for a stop on a road trip. Hoping it will be hiding somewhere there for a peek.

Sam

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:24 AM
Reaction score
They'll sell millions. But it's not for me.

This should more properly be a LC/Prado v New Defender thread

255/85

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
The 1958 edition isn't the worst thing I've seen from Toyota in the last few decades. I still don't get the oversized color-matched lunchboxes flanking each end of the bumper though. Do they serve a purpose other than to make the headlights look smaller and impart a vaguely "feral" or "reptilian" look to the front end?

The other editions (and the Lexus) make me want to blow chunks. To each their own.

nuclearbeef

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:24 AM
Reaction score
The 1958 edition isn't the worst thing I've seen from Toyota in the last few decades. I still don't get the oversized color-matched lunchboxes flanking each end of the bumper though. Do they serve a purpose other than to make the headlights look smaller and impart a vaguely "feral" or "reptilian" look to the front end?

The other editions (and the Lexus) make me want to blow chunks. To each their own.
So I guess I'm not the only one.
First thing that jumped out at me when I saw it.

Tom109

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score

They are Rock Detectors.

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I have now registered for the new 2024 Land Cruiser so that, should I decide to go for it, I will get the First Edition with the round headlights. That will match the Defender and Grenadier. A homage to the original front. I've never had a Toyota before. Then I could see if the general statement "sit in it and drive it" is confirmed.

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:24 AM
Reaction score
I have now registered for the new 2024 Land Cruiser so that, should I decide to go for it, I will get the First Edition with the round headlights. That will match the Defender and Grenadier. A homage to the original front. I've never had a Toyota before. Then I could see if the general statement "sit in it and drive it" is confirmed.
Can you buy the 70 series in Germany? I only ask that as it doesn't pass Euro6 emissions due to no Ad Blue?

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Can you buy the 70 series in Germany? I only ask that as it doesn't pass Euro6 emissions due to no Ad Blue?
I don't know about the 70s series. I mean the 250 series.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 76
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
NAS new Land Cruiser

I'll add that if the IG did not exist, this would be on my radar but I really think the updated 4Runner (based on the new Taco) might be a solid offering as well.

That said, I can't wait for my Grenadier - with each passing day the wait gets more and more challenging!

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
NAS new Land Cruiser

I'll add that if the IG did not exist, this would be on my radar but I really think the updated 4Runner (based on the new Taco) might be a solid offering as well.

That said, I can't wait for my Grenadier - with each passing day the wait gets more and more challenging!
You should wear different costumes and take a test drive everyday.

TRAILMASTER

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:24 AM
Reaction score
NAS new Land Cruiser

Is it just me? First impressions is their new LC looks a lot like a Rivian. I was considering a Rivian back in '21 having seen them in person in Venice, CA. Fast forward a couple months when I learned of the IG it was game over!

Back
Top Bottom