The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Grenadier Servicing Price Australia

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:33 PM
Reaction score
I wonder how much just an oil service would cost? So we stick to 15k service interval, but do an oil service every 7.5k?
It cost me AUD461.95 plus GST, say AUD510 back in May at Expedition HQ. That covers oil, oil filter and labour.

I will change oil every 7,500km. 15,000km is too long.

I looked at the used oil filter in the Grenadier at 15,000km, it was already quite dirty. My earlier oil change was around 6,700km. So 7,500km is a good medium.

I use to change the Patrol's oil filter every 5,000km, but increased that to 10,000km but the oil filter was too dirty. So I choose 7,500km, but I never made 7,500km before the car was written off in an accident.

Exhaust Gas Reticulation (EGR) means even modern diesel motors are dirty inside,

Last edited:

Rok_Dr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:33 PM
Reaction score
Dropped my car off for its first scheduled service yesterday and was surprised when they said it was a 20k service.(not 15k as specified)

I questioned this, and was told Ineos have increased the distance service interval to 20,000 Ks across the globe

I'll still be doing oil changes every 7.5k and likely hit 12 months before 20K most times.
I see in your? post on the Ineos Grenadier Owners Australia facebook group that Paul Henning from Ineos Australia replied saying that 20k was incorrect and that it is 15k or 7.5k for extreme usage.

Cheers
Steve

K1LL3M

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I see in your? post on the Ineos Grenadier Owners Australia facebook group that Paul Henning from Ineos Australia replied saying that 20k was incorrect and that it is 15k or 7.5k for extreme usage.

Cheers
Steve

Yep true. He said he was going to contact them, so we'll see what the outcome is. I'm certainly ok with that being the case.

I do also know Brian Hilton work pretty closely with Ineos being a major "partner" particularly with Newcastle closing. I don't doubt Paul on Facebook, but I aslo dont think the Ineos manager at Brian Hilton made it up. It could be a miss communication somewhere, or it could be a decision Paul was not associated with.

I will provide an update once I hear more.

Rok_Dr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:33 PM
Reaction score
Yep true. He said he was going to contact them, so we'll see what the outcome is. I'm certainly ok with that being the case.

I do also know Brian Hilton work pretty closely with Ineos being a major "partner" particularly with Newcastle closing. I don't doubt Paul on Facebook, but I aslo dont think the Ineos manager at Brian Hilton made it up. It could be a miss communication somewhere, or it could be a decision Paul was not associated with.

I will provide an update once I hear more.
I’d put my money on miscommunication somewhere. Paul has a senior position in Ineos Australia and has been there since the beginning. In my dealings with him I’ve found his advice solid.

Cheers
Steve

K1LL3M

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Brian Hilton have just contacted me in relation to another matter about the car, but have updated me that servicing is still 15k (7.5k for extreme use) and has not changed.

Paul from Ineos clearly has contacted them to clarify the service schedule. It's great to see Ineos active and overseeing our community. And the dealers responding.

Apparently there was a portal note some where that raised the confusion between this engine and BMW vehicle. Not sure on the back end, and it doesn't really matter. It has been corrected.

I will also edit the orginal post

weeman

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
First service at the local ACT agent for diesel was $1280. According to them the next service is similar in price so I might have to shop around.

Shopkeep

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Brighton Auto (Vic)
First 15km service for diesel= $850 flat
Reckon that's a fair price, looks like I will be getting it serviced where I bought it. They did a great job when I took it in for the service campaigns.

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
7:33 AM
Reaction score
It cost me AUD461.95 plus GST, say AUD510 back in May at Expedition HQ. That covers oil, oil filter and labour.

I will change oil every 7,500km. 15,000km is too long.

I looked at the used oil filter in the Grenadier at 15,000km, it was already quite dirty. My earlier oil change was around 6,700km. So 7,500km is a good medium.

I use to change the Patrol's oil filter every 5,000km, but increased that to 10,000km but the oil filter was too dirty. So I choose 7,500km, but I never made 7,500km before the car was written off in an accident.

Exhaust Gas Reticulation (EGR) means even modern diesel motors are dirty inside,
Hey Doc

At 15K change my oil looked almost like new... I wonder if the type of travel we do makes a difference (long haul vs short stints?).

Local time
Reaction score
Hey Doc

At 15K change my oil looked almost like new... I wonder if the type of travel we do makes a difference (long haul vs short stints?).
Long haul or short haul does significantly make a difference on the used oil quality at service times. Short haul with lots of hot cold cycles is hard on a lubricant and components in general. Constant short runs can cause more oxidisation, soot, contaminant like fuel and condensation to be suspended in the oil. Long haul or operating times allows the condensation to evaporate, engine and oil temperature to stabilises and generally better combustion of the fuel reducing contamination in oil. Oil is not only there to lubricate, but also a coolant, flushing agent and engine cleaner. A series of engine oil samples and analysis to form a trend can prove this by showing the variances in certain contaminates over time and operating style.

Shopkeep

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
My son started a mechanics apprenticeship with Audi this year, mostly based at an Audi dealer but there is an offsite educational component at Tafe (vocational schooling) which he started this week. Today he found out that Ineos has provided (donated?) Grenadiers to his Tafe so his practical component will include working on them. Seems to be a proactive move on Ineos' behalf to get more techs out there familiar with the product (plus maybe I can get my Gren serviced "in house"!)

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hey Doc

@trobex ...is your vehicle a petrol or diesel model? There's far less carbon in the combustion blow-by of modern petrol engines than diesel and thus cleaner oil...

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
My son started a mechanics apprenticeship with Audi this year, mostly based at an Audi dealer but there is an offsite educational component at Tafe (vocational schooling) which he started this week. Today he found out that Ineos has provided (donated?) Grenadiers to his Tafe so his practical component will include working on them. Seems to be a proactive move on Ineos' behalf to get more techs out there familiar with the product (plus maybe I can get my Gren serviced "in house"!)

Awesome stuff. I assume these are PT02’s or similar which for all intents and purposes are fully operational and drivable vehicles but could not be registered or sold.

Nice work if this is the case Ineos. Nice 👍🏻

Shopkeep

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Awesome stuff. I assume these are PT02’s or similar which for all intents and purposes are fully operational and drivable vehicles but could not be registered or sold.

Looks like they are standard vehicles, he saw a Queens Red one today and they show a Silver on bookface (maybe one diesel & one petrol).
Kangan.JPG

Shopkeep

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score

You were right, the Queens Red is PTO2051.

Woody

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
First service at the local ACT agent for diesel was $1280. According to them the next service is similar in price so I might have to shop around.
I have been quoted the same at the ACT local agent. They did say they were changing the oil in the transfer case, but still seems at the high end.

chrisonafarm

Grenadier Owner
Local time
4:03 PM
Reaction score
When I booked mine in for its 15K service (in April) I asked for a few warranty things to be done, 1 being a loose seal on the large rear door. They said they had the seal but when I picked my car up it hadn't been repaired, it's now August and they still haven't sorted it, I've spoken to Ineos AU and they say they have the required part in stock so can't see any reason why it hasn't been sorted.

If you go back though the thread you'll see I had a lot of problems with Bridgewater, nothing they picked up on but were by an idependendent mechanic when I took it to them to have the service redone as I had no confidence in Bridgewater.

My main issues are, the main seal of the engine is leaking, it's losing about 100ml of oil per 1000km from it, I'm keeping it topped up though. And the pinion seal on the front diff is leaking, a lot, again I've been topping this up but have a feeling some bearings are done, during highway driving my front tyres sit 15-20 degrees warmer than the rears with an extra 3-4psi within half an hour.

Bridgewater didn't pick up either of these issues the independent found, or the leaking right rear shock, or leaking power steering fluid reservoir. I don't believe Bridgewater did a single thing in terms of servicing my vehicle!

I'm super happy to have Belair Road do my servicing but for warranty stuff I'm basically screwed...
This is super helpful! I have been reluctant to head to the Bridgewater guys as I've heard they are utterly useless. Will give Bel Air Road auto a try at least for an oil change + some electrical work. Fingers crossed there's news soon re a new Adelaide dealer.

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
@trobex ...is your vehicle a petrol or diesel model? There's far less carbon in the combustion blow-by of modern petrol engines than diesel and thus cleaner oil...
Diesel all the way. I saw the oil myself at just over 15K and it was 'very' good. Barely off colour from the new stuff my mechanic put in. I was impressed, but we do long trips most the time and not much "around the block" driving.

Back
Top Bottom