The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Grenadier Servicing Price Australia

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:31 AM
Reaction score
$1,175.61 (incl GST)

EDIT:
Looking at the invoice more closely ...
Petrol Type 'A' Service: $325.50 (+GST)
Parts: $696.77 (+GST)

(I was quoted $995 + $200 (ish) for axel oil but the breakdown is actually a little difference. I was focused on the quote and then final figure, but the breakdown is slightly different - apologies)

Wouldn't it be great to be able to get access to all the tech bulletins!!
Ok you got taken for a ride on parts. Parts total AUD is $340 if you buy it all yourself... mechs get big discounts for the volume of stock they push so damnnnn.

nzmark

Grenadier Owner
Local time
8:31 PM
Reaction score
Ok you got taken for a ride on parts. Parts total AUD is $340 if you buy it all yourself... mechs get big discounts for the volume of stock they push so damnnnn.
Possibly, but I am conscious of warranty, having been bitten before. I am happy to go with their pricing until the warranty is over, then it's up to me what I do. I just don't want a fight with a new car (and new in the sense that it's still got its teething issues) and being told that they won't honour the warranty because "unauthorised maintenance using non-recommended parts have been undertaken".

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Possibly, but I am conscious of warranty, having been bitten before. I am happy to go with their pricing until the warranty is over, then it's up to me what I do. I just don't want a fight with a new car (and new in the sense that it's still got its teething issues) and being told that they won't honour the warranty because "unauthorised maintenance using non-recommended parts have been undertaken".
Ah yeah in OZ that is illegal. If maintenance carried out by MTA authorised, then warranty applies.

Local time
6:31 PM
Reaction score
The joy of Sydney having one dealer $1300, Gosford $1340. Wollongong now closed. Newcastle no service technician. Orange I don't recall. That's for diesel 12month/15000km
Orange $815. 15K, June 2024,

YIPPE

GG #00286
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Well first service carried out. I went for an ineos agent service, more so to ensure software updates and all checks were carried out. Lucky i did, As It was confirmed on the day I was in the transfer case recall. (Communication would be nice before embarking on a big trip) As I'm not aware how catastrophic it could turn with defective transfer. (They did assure it wasn't so much a concern but precaution from tremec) Also One dealer did mention I may require it after I quoted my vin, also my vin wasn't on recall list that has circled.

It was a 2 day service, loan car provided which was great (pre-booked). All checks carried out and service completed. A few gripes, still obviously cost, but meh, to ensure warranty and have transfer case replaced I'll wear it. Plus it's a new company and new car so I feel a little safer. By my next service hopefully we have more clarity warranty etc in writing to give the option to service closer to home if I choose or need to.

2nd, I have to return for a wheel alignment that was reported in first week of ownership and I kept reminding them about. however service department didn't want to have to pay for it, even though it was delivered offset, so a little frustrating as now I have to make to a return trip after having them agree again to have it corrected at their cost. (This has now been completed and spot on)

Only other concern, my passenger side fender (to access oil filter) is scratched, the whole top mainly, assuming from service blanket. Paint had been corrected and ceramic coated...making it quite obvious in certain lighting. So again a little frustrating. It will be looked at and assessed but as the drivers isn't scratched at all I'm sure it occured in service. So will look to have ppf on top wings, or checker plate As it will happen each service...

My advice before servicing elsewhere:
- Call multiple agents and check for any recalls or what checks will be carried out (they won't send you anything but will let you know over the phone)

Advice for servicing at agent.
Call in advance to ensure a loan car is allocated if it's required.

So some good and some bad... But half expected for a new company. Hanging in there, and hopefully it gets better. Communication and reputation are very important to survive and I want ineos to survive so badly. The service team have come to the table on my concerns and I did try to give some advice well feedback in my opinion. Hopefully they listened and I wasn't just a OCD maniac in their eyes.

Last edited:

landmannnn

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Some good advice that I hadn't thought of there.

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Well first service carried out. I went for an ineos agent service, more so to ensure software updates and all checks were carried out. Lucky i did, As It was confirmed on the day I was in the transfer case recall. (Communication would be nice before embarking on a big trip) As I'm not aware how catastrophic it could turn with defective transfer. (One dealer did mention I may require it after I quoted my vin, also my vin wasn't on recall list that has circled)

It was a 2 day service, loan car provided which was great (pre-booked). All checks carried out and service completed. A few gripes, still obviously cost, but meh, to ensure warranty and have transfer case replaced I'll wear it. By my next service hopefully we have more clarity warranty etc in writing and I may choose to service closer to home.

2nd, I have to return for a wheel alignment that was reported in first week of ownership and I kept reminding them about. however service department didn't want to have to pay for it (leaving me to pay and do it) even though it was delivered offset, so a little frustrating, but they have now agreed to have it corrected at their cost.

Only other concern, my passenger side fender (to access oil filter) is scratched, the whole top mainly (haven't really looked at the side yet) assuming from service blanket. Paint had been corrected and ceramic coated... So again frustrating. It will be looked at and assessed but as the drivers isn't scratched at all I'm sure it occured in service. So will look to have ppf on top wings, or checker plate As it will happen each service...

My advice before servicing elsewhere:
- Call multiple agents and check for any recalls or what checks will be carried out (they won't send you anything but will let you know over the phone)

Advice for servicing at agent.
Call in advance to ensure a loan car is allocated if it's required.

So some good and some bad... But half expected for a new company. Hanging in there, and hopefully it gets better. Communication and reputation are very important to survive and I want ineos to survive so badly.
Extremely surprised such an important issue was not issued to you by IA/Dealer - as they have all our contact details. The communication issues may cause serious problems for some people, if they are unawares.

MattG

GG #2987
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:01 PM
Reaction score
This is where I'm at. I've got a mechanic (Bosch/RAA approved) willing to do the work and can source consumables/most components (generally BMW or Toyota). Today I've gone and got most of what is required for the service to be redone (all fluids from Penrite (aside from coolant concentrate that I need to go past BMW/Toyota for)), which what was used in my car despite the price gauging for recommended Petronas/Fuchs)

Items missing are:
- Engine air filter, appears to be a stock BMW X5 component but there is some information contradicting that on this forum, will order one from a different Ineos agent and compare with a BMW replacement
- Diesel/water filter, mechanic suggests it looks like a BMW component but can't say until he's seen a Grenadier one to compare it with
- Cabin air filter, looked into this myself so no guarantee on accuracy but shape/size appears to line up with the E6# BMW 5-series filter, will update

I'll have my mechanic redo the important parts of the service and report on what/hasn't been done, along with anything else that needs to be looked at as something I need to fix or seek warranty on. One thing I noticed while looking over my Ineos' dealer work late yesterday was that there is a relatively large leak from the font of the gearbox sump, they said there was no leaks found...
Hey Miltz, I’m also very wary of taking my vehicle to our only Ineos service centre here in Adelaide for anything other than warranty repairs. Who did you eventually organise to do your service? I have emailed Josh (former Adelaide Hills Motor group service tech) to see if he could carry out log-book servicing but he never replied. I was going to contact Auto Studio (Unley Road, Parkside) to see if they might be able to service my Grenadier. We have used them to regularly service our VW’s before. They routinely service Audi, Skoda and BMW’s and we have always found them to be a very trustworthy outfit. If you have been able to sort out a service with someone other than our Ineos dealer, please let me know. Cheers, Matt.

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Hey Miltz, I’m also very wary of taking my vehicle to our only Ineos service centre here in Adelaide for anything other than warranty repairs. Who did you eventually organise to do your service? I have emailed Josh (former Adelaide Hills Motor group service tech) to see if he could carry out log-book servicing but he never replied. I was going to contact Auto Studio (Unley Road, Parkside) to see if they might be able to service my Grenadier. We have used them to regularly service our VW’s before. They routinely service Audi, Skoda and BMW’s and we have always found them to be a very trustworthy outfit. If you have been able to sort out a service with someone other than our Ineos dealer, please let me know. Cheers, Matt.
If they service BMW then they should be ok if you have prior experience. Like my local BMW man said, B57 is wonderful to work on.

Miltz

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Hi Matt,

I went through Belair Road Auto so if you're in the Parkside area they're not far away. I originally had them do some electrical work to the car (solar install) as they're a Redarc dealer, and being a Bosch Service Centre were originally going to be able to look after servicing/recall/warranty work however that never eventuated in AUS.

They are quite interested in working on the Grenadier and have a lot experience with BMWs so a lot was familiar to them. I'll continue using them regardless of what happens with the Adelaide set up, their pricing was great and staff are brilliant. Downside is that they can't do recall/warranty work, and as of yet can't read fault codes or reset the service notifications as, as things stand this can only be done via an Ineos dealer/service centre.

Cheers,

Paul

Miltz

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
If they service BMW then they should be ok if you have prior experience. Like my local BMW man said, B57 is wonderful to work on.
As you mention, if they can service a modern BMW they can service a Grenadier!

I gave Belair Road Auto the service interval checklist and service spec sheet I found on this forum and they worked to that. They had zero issues and found the car quite easy to work on with its component layout etc. They also provided a report on what they believe had/hadn't been done by the dealer during the service(s) I questioned, complete with photos and spent half an hour or so with me in the workshop going through everything with the car on the lift.

Brilliant customer service and a really nice team in general going off how they interact with all customers I saw them with. Also work on some pretty interesting vehicles, they had what looked to be a Willy's jeep in while my car was in and look after an OKA all-terrain truck that's local to the area.

MattG

GG #2987
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hi Matt,

I went through Belair Road Auto so if you're in the Parkside area they're not far away. I originally had them do some electrical work to the car (solar install) as they're a Redarc dealer, and being a Bosch Service Centre were originally going to be able to look after servicing/recall/warranty work however that never eventuated in AUS.

They are quite interested in working on the Grenadier and have a lot experience with BMWs so a lot was familiar to them. I'll continue using them regardless of what happens with the Adelaide set up, their pricing was great and staff are brilliant. Downside is that they can't do recall/warranty work, and as of yet can't read fault codes or reset the service notifications as, as things stand this can only be done via an Ineos dealer/service centre.

Cheers,

Paul
Thanks Paul. I really appreciate your reply.
I’ll probably give Belair Road Auto a call and have my Grenadier serviced with them later on this year.
I’m also keen to hear if Auto Studio might also be willing/able to do logbook servicing, which would give those of us in South Australia a few options other than our current dealership.
I’ll let everyone know once I’ve heard back from them.
Thanks again.

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Had the Trialmaster diesel 12m service done. Around A$1k!
One of the items listed was replacement of two "actuator pushrods" . I presume these are turbo gate activators?
If so, I'd have thought that at 12K km they ought be covered under warranty...seems not so...$42 in parts
Also noticed was charged A$292 for 8L of oil (I thought the replacement amount was 7L...does that mean it's overfilled?) Oil filter A$40.
The cabin filter A$154 inc GST and A$184 for 4L of axle oil...
Water separator filter A$74
The headunit s/w was also updated removing the annoying 'next service' message.
So $220 labour and $791in parts
Guess that means budgeting $0.10c/km for maintenance..

Absolutely no complaints whatsoever about the competence and attention to detail - and they're most accommodating ...but the costs are somewhat confronting ...then again I don't know what their overheads are (incl. courtesy cars etc , EPA-style disposal fees on used oil, rent, payroll tax the list is endless)... and reliable competent techs are worth their weight in gold these days.

Once I recovered I became somewhat philosophical...age does that :rolleyes: Perhaps that's the price one pays to ensure that there's a viable Ineos dealership within reasonable distance and I don't have to travel a couple of hundred km return for a service!

Last edited:

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Had the Trialmaster diesel 12m service done. Around A$1k!
One of the items listed was replacement of two "actuator pushrods" . I presume these are turbo gate activators?
If so, I'd have thought that at 12K km they ought be covered under warranty...seems not so...$42 in parts
Also noticed was charged A$292 for 8L of oil (I thought the replacement amount was 7L...does that mean it's overfilled?) Oil filter A$40.
The cabin filter A$154 inc GST and A$184 for 4L of axle oil...
Water separator filter A$74
The headunit s/w was also updated removing the annoying 'next service' message.
So $220 labour and $791in parts
Guess that means budgeting $0.10c/km for maintenance..

Absolutely no complaints whatsoever about the competence and attention to detail - and they're most accommodating ...but the costs are somewhat confronting ...then again I don't know what their overheads are (incl. courtesy cars etc , EPA-style disposal fees on used oil, rent, payroll tax the list is endless)... and reliable competent techs are worth their weight in gold these days.

Once I recovered I became somewhat philosophical...age does that :rolleyes: Perhaps that's the price one pays to ensure that there's a viable Ineos dealership within reasonable distance and I don't have to travel a couple of hundred km return for a service!
Mate.. my parts bill was just under $500 for that except the actuators... you got ripped on parts. Cabin filter is about $120. Did your oil come with a lifetime supply of candy at that price...???

Back
Top Bottom