The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Australasia Grenadier Delivery & Wait Times in Australia.

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:28 AM
Reaction score
I visited Purnell Adventure today, Grenadiers everywhere. The yard was bursting at the semes.

They now have the CTALS NATO to Anderson plug adapter cable. Ask to see it. More info here.

Last edited:

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
I also noticed plastic protection plates on the door sills, which I don't remember on earlier models. I wonder if this was done in response to the complaints about the paint being scratched, or does everyone have these?
They were always there but are quite narrow , hence scratches. Pretty noticeable with dark/metallic colours.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 76
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:28 PM
Reaction score
They were always there but are quite narrow , hence scratches. Pretty noticeable with dark/metallic colours.
Crying out for an aftermarket option.

But others have covered the area with "helicopter tape" or PPF, which is what I plan to do until a better option to protect the sills comes along.

Woody

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Crying out for an aftermarket option.

But others have covered the area with "helicopter tape" or PPF, which is what I plan to do until a better option to protect the sills comes along.
Might look into the PPF option myself as I do have a dark blue colour. I did notice they were narrow, and the outer part of the sill is still exposed.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
They now have the CTALS NATO to Anderson plug adapter cable.
Would that be cheaper than getting an auto elec run a cable from the underseat area?
I see it's a backorder - not available until late Jan '24
Nato adapter

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Would that be cheaper than getting an auto elec run a cable from the underseat area?
I see it's a backorder - not available until late Jan '24
Nato adapter
Yes, it is probably cheaper, but it is not for every owner.

It will work well with anyone owning a large caravan with a large battery bank. Convert your plug and wiring on the caravan to 120amp Anderson plug. Fuse correctly.

Also remember the rear NATO relay cuts power above a certain speed. No power means no charging in the caravan, at higher speeds.

Build quality is next level, military grade.

Interesting about January 2024, last week the next delivery date was December, so orders must have been placed.

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
UPDATE
Adapter cable 1 - NATO to 120 Anderson

Purnell Adventure in Sydney now has the Connector Tech ALS NATO to Anderson 120 amp plug adapter cable. Ask if you want to see it. It is on loan from me.

Adapter cable 2 - NATO to 350 Anderson
Connector Tech ALS are also offering a NATO to 350 amp Anderson version from January 2024. Anderson plug does not have an environmental cover like the 120 version.

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Dealer just confirmed my car is built. It is in Transit or awaiting transit. :)

Ordered 17 March 2023.

Contract signed 5 Sept 2023.

Chassis No: 7,719.

Estimated late January 2024 delivery to me. Port of Melbourne still has bad delays, and the ship needs to go there before Port Kembla where my car will unloaded.

Last edited:

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Also remember the rear NATO relay cuts power above a certain speed. No power means no charging in the caravan, at higher speeds.
Remind me again (cannot find the info in my notes ) of that speed?

Kilchoman

Grenadier Owner
Local time
10:28 PM
Reaction score
Dealer just confirmed my car is built. It is in Transit or awaiting transit. :)

Ordered 17 March 2023.

Contract signed 5 Sept 2023.

Chassis No: 7,719.

Estimated late January 2024 delivery to me. Port of Melbourne still has bad delays, and the ship needs to go there before Port Kembla where my car will unloaded.
Close behind you, contract signed 13th Sept 2023, estimated to join a queue or queues off the coast of Australia late Dec or early Jan '24 where it will probably remain for several weeks. :rolleyes:

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
52 or 54 I think. It was a strange number.
90km/hr would be good when towing , a little lower not so good though if you are on the bitumen but OK on the gravel/offroad

Steveo

Global Grenadier #1009
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
ask (Ineos) and ye shall receive
Close behind you, contract signed 13th Sept 2023, estimated to join a queue or queues off the coast of Australia late Dec or early Jan '24 where it will probably remain for several weeks. :rolleyes:
Close behind you both...:)

Ordered Sep/Oct'22

Contract signed 13th October'23

VIN 8182 - i.e. it's actually built! We don't know where it is yet, presumably on a transport to the port.

Expecting to see it in the flesh late Jan early Feb'24

Nocrays

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:28 AM
Reaction score
Well. I now have “a” Grenadier. But it’s not mine.

Ineos Australia have graciously loaned me a car while they build and ship me a new one.

#3301 was due shipping at end of June but ended up with a “problem”. Was slated to be returned to Hambach but slipped thru cracks and remained in Belgium.

Question were raised when it didn’t arrive in Perth in September as scheduled and the hunt was on! Looks like logistics slipped up and didn’t return to factory for repairs so it sat on wharf at zebrugge.

Got to thank Justin and Trevor for providing a solution. .

I now have the pleasure of using Black Beauty (the pimp mobile) while my new Silver Beast is made and shipped.

Initial thoughts is it’s really nice to drive and well built. While they have excelled in some areas, some part of the design seem like an afterthought.

However fantastic bones to customise.

IMG_7060.jpeg

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Well. I now have “a” Grenadier. But it’s not mine.

Ineos Australia have graciously loaned me a car while they build and ship me a new one.

#3301 was due shipping at end of June but ended up with a “problem”. Was slated to be returned to Hambach but slipped thru cracks and remained in Belgium.

Question were raised when it didn’t arrive in Perth in September as scheduled and the hunt was on! Looks like logistics slipped up and didn’t return to factory for repairs so it sat on wharf at zebrugge.

Got to thank Justin and Trevor for providing a solution. .

I now have the pleasure of using Black Beauty (the pimp mobile) while my new Silver Beast is made and shipped.

Initial thoughts is it’s really nice to drive and well built. While they have excelled in some areas, some part of the design seem like an afterthought.

However fantastic bones to customise.

View attachment 7832337
WOW! That what a tale...glad they came up with a solution, best part is that they were honest enough to say what actually happened and you now have a "loan vehicle " 👏

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Neither is mine... but it's due to arrive 1 Dec in Fremantle (dealer informs me yesterday)

So it cannot be assumed that all cars ship through Wallenius Wilhelmsen?

[edit: I did the search for myself using the WW website, and found my vehicle (y). However it doesn't appear on @Fidei Defensor 's posted list 🤷‍♂️]

[edit2: Damn. I was determined not to become a ship-watcher]
Ho did you find your vehicle on the WW website?

Back
Top Bottom