The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Australasia Grenadier Delivery & Wait Times in Australia.

baders

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:39 PM
Reaction score
I'm finding the responses (mostly lack of) from my dealer to be disheartening. The VIN is in the 62XX range but it's not listed on the Excel sheet above (nice work BTW Fidei).

Sam

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I'm finding the responses (mostly lack of) from my dealer to be disheartening. The VIN is in the 62XX range but it's not listed on the Excel sheet above (nice work BTW Fidei).
Neither is mine... but it's due to arrive 1 Dec in Fremantle (dealer informs me yesterday)

So it cannot be assumed that all cars ship through Wallenius Wilhelmsen?

[edit: I did the search for myself using the WW website, and found my vehicle (y). However it doesn't appear on @Fidei Defensor 's posted list 🤷‍♂️]

[edit2: Damn. I was determined not to become a ship-watcher]

Last edited:

Wayneos

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:39 PM
Reaction score
But before you crack out the champagne Ineos, do please sort out the placement of the coolant hoses. Because being stuck deep in the Brindies with a coolant leak and high engine temps wasn't part of the plan! Check your hoses folks..

I can’t remember who it was, but an early UK/Euro owner had coolant hose that had hole in it due to rubbing. I didn’t think this problem was still an issue. @Jean Mercier solution will probably outlast anything IA does!

Wile E Coyote

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Neither is mine... but it's due to arrive 1 Dec in Fremantle (dealer informs me yesterday)

[edit: I did the search for myself using the WW website, and found my vehicle (y). However it doesn't appear on @Fidei Defensor 's posted list 🤷‍♂️]

That's good news, did you search by customer number?
I just tried and it says 'no record found'

Steveo

Global Grenadier #1009
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

and knowing your VIN off the top of your head!

Reactions: Sam

Wile E Coyote

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I did a thing (for you people in the Southern Hemisphere!)
A searched the Wallenius Wilhelmsen "Track and Trace" using all Customer Numbers up to 6200002420 and made an Excel Workbook of all vehicles on the way to South Africa, Australia and New Zealand. Each sheet has the data sported on VIN numbers to make it easy to look up....
Thanks Fidei, I found mine on your spreadsheet. Due in Fremantle on 8th January.

Mules

Grenadier Owner
Local time
4:09 PM
Reaction score
I can’t remember who it was, but an early UK/Euro owner had coolant hose that had hole in it due to rubbing. I didn’t think this problem was still an issue. @Jean Mercier solution will probably outlast anything IA does!
I recall that too! Pretty sure the hose rubbed through on the same place. Will need to dig that post up and check.

Nocrays

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

Ha. You think you’ve got problems. My VIN is 3301 and it’s been sent back from Zeebrugge to Hambach and is still there!
At least I now know the story, however it should have been delivered in September.
Going to be a happy day when it finally arrives. 👴🏻

• Sad
Reactions: Sam
Local time
2:39 AM
Reaction score
I think the "customer" is the dealer in this case. I have no idea how the OP knows these numbers
I used the Customer Reference Number. Put in all the numbers, one by one, from 6200002330 to 6200002420......Then pulled the data into Excel and formatted..... (yeah, I was bored, with time on my hands......).
Someone asked me "why"? Easy: the concept is "Pay it Forward" . Next time I am broken down in the Outback, some kind Grenadier owner will rush to help out! ;)

Sam

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Ha. You think you’ve got problems. My VIN is 3301 and it’s been sent back from Zeebrugge to Hambach and is still there!
Why was that? For re-work, presumably?

And could it be that this results in your getting a resolved car, sooner? (than waiting for the local agent to organise fixes, i mean?). Just looking for an upside! :)

Mules

Grenadier Owner
Local time
4:09 PM
Reaction score
About to pick up my Grenadier this morning, from the same agent as @Mules . I will have to ask about these coolant hoses.
Woody I reckon you'll be ok, I've looked at other vehicles - both two that I've come across - and a couple at 4x4 Garage, and none looked as though they were too compromising.

Don't suppose yours is the lovely Britannia Blue one with white roof?

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Mine had a coolant leak from hoses rubbing about 3 days into my ownership and inly about 300ks. The bottom radiator hose was rubbing on the fan cowl and made a pinhole. They replaced the hose and relocated a clip. At that time the PDI included checking and moving a clip on the top hose but not the bottom hose, hopefully covers both now.

Woody

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Woody I reckon you'll be ok, I've looked at other vehicles - both two that I've come across - and a couple at 4x4 Garage, and none looked as though they were too compromising.

Don't suppose yours is the lovely Britannia Blue one with white roof?
Mine is Britannia Blue, but no white roof. I had a chat with Matthew about your leak, and he showed me the hose that was compromised. Mine, being a much later build, has an updated hose (due to this know issue with early builds), which should avoid the fan. The Gren is now home, minus a few parts on back order. Hopefully they arrive in the next few weeks. No bings or bongs yet, and the rain has been a good test for any leaks (none yet). Can't wait to get up to the Brindies myself and test out the offroad features in depth.
I also noticed plastic protection plates on the door sills, which I don't remember on earlier models. I wonder if this was done in response to the complaints about the paint being scratched, or does everyone have these?

Back
Top Bottom