The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Australasia Grenadier Delivery & Wait Times in Australia.

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:58 PM
Reaction score
Is yours in at this stage Greg? Took delivery yesterday about 1200hrs so you will see me driving around the place as from now.
Love to hear your thoughts Les once you have had a chance to play a bit.

Local time
4:58 AM
Reaction score
Well I have now had my Grenadier for a few days and have clocked up quite a few K's already. This is one very good vehicle. There is no doubt it is a "work horse" but with style and comfort to go with it, and it very definitely has a presence on the road. Like everyone before taking delivery I digested on the internet any review that I could find. I noticed the odd negative comment cropping up mainly from within the UK. They appeared to come from individuals who were desperately scratching around trying to find any sort of negative comment, and the term "sour grapes" immediately came to mind. I think we all know why that would be the case.

The two inclusions I have that have proven very useful so far are the side steps and the electric side mirrors. I have yet to come to grips with all the information available on the "central screen", but one thing at a time. I wont tell you how old I am but I will tell you I was born in 1946. This will most likely be my last 4x4, but the way it's shaping up, it will be the best. All you people who were involved in the design and build of this vehicle, pat yourself on the back ...you deserve it.

Les Hiddins AM
Bush Tucker Man

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Well I have now had my Grenadier for a few days and have clocked up quite a few K's already. This is one very good vehicle. There is no doubt it is a "work horse" but with style and comfort to go with it, and it very definitely has a presence on the road. Like everyone before taking delivery I digested on the internet any review that I could find. I noticed the odd negative comment cropping up mainly from within the UK. They appeared to come from individuals who were desperately scratching around trying to find any sort of negative comment, and the term "sour grapes" immediately came to mind. I think we all know why that would be the case.

The two inclusions I have that have proven very useful so far are the side steps and the electric side mirrors. I have yet to come to grips with all the information available on the "central screen", but one thing at a time. I wont tell you how old I am but I will tell you I was born in 1946. This will most likely be my last 4x4, but the way it's shaping up, it will be the best. All you people who were involved in the design and build of this vehicle, pat yourself on the back ...you deserve it.

Les Hiddins AM
Bush Tucker Man
Love this Les.

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:58 AM
Reaction score

Les Hiddins AM
Bush Tucker Man
Hi Bushguide, Glad to have a few of us in the 70's who are going on an adventure. Born 1952. DaBull.

Davman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

Les Hiddins AM
Bush Tucker Man
Put this review on the front page of the Ineos Website.

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score

Les Hiddins AM
Bush Tucker Man
Come on Sir Les - tell us what you really think. ;)

Glad you're enjoying it, and I look forward to your follow up thoughts in a few weeks time when you've had a chance to use it a bit more.

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

Les Hiddins AM
Bush Tucker Man
Les

I have just the bag for your new Grenadier. A travel bag from Murchinson Swags and Bags.

I had one made for my sister for Christmas. I went military grade burgundy canvas and sourced some fabric for an accent. The fabric is known as Bush Tucker (Tan), look closely and you will see Witchetty grubs, snakes, etc. there is even a man on the image – the other Bush Tucker Man.

Attachments

• 1698982328435.jpeg
    1698982328435.jpeg
    248.4 KB · Views: 89
Reactions: Max
Local time
Reaction score
Les

I have just the bag for your new Grenadier. A travel bag from Murchinson Swags and Bags.

I had one made for my sister for Christmas. I went military grade burgundy canvas and sourced some fabric for an accent. The fabric is known as Bush Tucker (Tan), look closely and you will see Witchetty grubs, snakes, etc. there is even a man on the image – the other Bush Tucker Man.
Mate I think I may have to pass on that especially since I still have my old Australian Army Echelon bag hanging around the place

crimson

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Had my first on road test drive yesterday. Was great to get the magic mushroom for 2 hours and drive it up the range from Cairns to Kuranda. It climbed the range in comfort and I enjoyed every corner. My daughter in the back (7 years old) can finally see out her window, and says that was her biggest plus. Another reason to get these kids off the screen and look outside. The wife drove it back and looked a little too comfortable behind the wheel 🫣.

Anyways I'm hoping ours is onboard the next delivery to Brisbane, with a ETA in December. Perfect to get it here before Xmas so we can escape with the family.

I have to admit that I'm clueless when it comes to engines and that will hopefully change as I mature and find more time for things I enjoy. I did spot a very rusty piece in the demo car which didn't look good. Is this normal or a concern? See images below.

20231104_094858.jpg

20231104_094921.jpg

20231104_094916.jpg

P.s RHD footwell intrusion wasn't an issue on an hour drive each. Wife said she actually liked it hahaha

Local time
9:58 AM
Reaction score
Had my first on road test drive yesterday. Was great to get the magic mushroom for 2 hours and drive it up the range from Cairns to Kuranda. It climbed the range in comfort and I enjoyed every corner. My daughter in the back (7 years old) can finally see out her window, and says that was her biggest plus. Another reason to get these kids off the screen and look outside. The wife drove it back and looked a little too comfortable behind the wheel 🫣.

Anyways I'm hoping ours is onboard the next delivery to Brisbane, with a ETA in December. Perfect to get it here before Xmas so we can escape with the family.

I have to admit that I'm clueless when it comes to engines and that will hopefully change as I mature and find more time for things I enjoy. I did spot a very rusty piece in the demo car which didn't look good. Is this normal or a concern? See images below.

View attachment 7831817

View attachment 7831818

View attachment 7831819

P.s RHD footwell intrusion wasn't an issue on an hour drive each. Wife said she actually liked it hahaha
The rusty part is normal. It is the exhaust manifold and the exhaust side of the turbo. The point shown in the photo is generally the hottest part of a turbo engine's exhaust system when the engine is working. These components can get to around 700°C in normal operation making it difficult or too costly for manufacturers to add long term coatings. This occurs on every engine with cast iron or steel exhaust manifolds.

Shopkeep

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Public holiday in Melbourne today to allow some horses to run around a track, my car is in the dealership window mocking me while I am pressed up against the glass. Reservation placed 15-01-2022, deposit paid 14-06-2022, hopefully in my hands late this week or early next.
IN305 Crop 2.jpg

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Public holiday in Melbourne today to allow some horses to run around a track, my car is in the dealership window mocking me while I am pressed up against the glass.
Your concept of reality is confirmed!
As for the poor horsies

Mules

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:28 PM
Reaction score

Les Hiddins AM
Bush Tucker Man
But before you crack out the champagne Ineos, do please sort out the placement of the coolant hoses. Because being stuck deep in the Brindies with a coolant leak and high engine temps wasn't part of the plan! Check your hoses folks..

Attachments

• 20231105_165404.jpg
    20231105_165404.jpg
    511 KB · Views: 46

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
But before you crack out the champagne Ineos, do please sort out the placement of the coolant hoses. Because being stuck deep in the Brindies with a coolant leak and high engine temps wasn't part of the plan! Check your hoses folks..
I have a long (800Km) trip planned this week & will take your advice.

What is really pissing off though is the A/C.

I am sick to death of constantly having to adjust it to try and maintain a suitable temp inside.

Nocrays

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:58 PM
Reaction score

Les Hiddins AM
Bush Tucker Man
Bugger. Still searchin. Mine got sent back to hambach.

Local time
Reaction score
Interesting article on Delivery time and wait times in Australia.

I did a thing (for you people in the Southern Hemisphere!)
A searched the Wallenius Wilhelmsen "Track and Trace" using all Customer Numbers up to 6200002420 and made an Excel Workbook of all vehicles on the way to South Africa, Australia and New Zealand. Each sheet has the data sported on VIN numbers to make it easy to look up....

Attachments

• Australia_NZ_SA.xlsx
    29 KB · Views: 54

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Specifically what/where?
Clamps , clips , placement ?
What was your issue?

Back
Top Bottom