The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Australasia Grenadier Delivery & Wait Times in Australia.

Max

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:29 AM
Reaction score
I believe it was transmission/transfer case.

Yep the Pimp mobile was a cancelled order. Look good when clean …. Then you blink!
I had my transfer case replaced last week...the Agents told me some time ago not to use low range while we waited for the arrival of the new one...still don't know exactly what the issue was...the Agent said we are not to open them up, just return them...so we are not alone on that score...my Gren is Scottish White which allows you to blink longer... ;)

Nocrays

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:29 PM
Reaction score
I had my transfer case replaced last week...the Agents told me some time ago not to use low range while we waited for the arrival of the new one...still don't know exactly what the issue was...the Agent said we are not to open them up, just return them...so we are not alone on that score...my Gren is Scottish White which allows you to blink longer... ;)
Yes apparently there was a batch that had some issues. That’s all I’ve been told.

Reactions: Max

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:29 PM
Reaction score
Yes apparently there was a batch that had some issues. That’s all I’ve been told.
Another bullet dodged for us maybe. I’m amazed how much the transfer case in ours has settled in with use.

First time into HL was a brute force affair as was the move into LL. After a few days of hard use however it now moves easily between all ranges/CDL lock states.

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
There was an early report that an oil gallery in the casing, was a few degrees out causing oil starvation under some conditions to a particular bearing/bearings...

James

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
There was an early report that an oil gallery in the casing, was a few degrees out causing oil starvation under some conditions to a particular bearing/bearings...
These failures are not that problem, there seems to be a few cases of sudden and complete inability to enter low, usually very early in the life of the TC, but not immediate. Ie, it has previously worked. There's an internal failure, it is not the lever, collar/pin, or cables.
Hopefully, and so far the problems seem consistent with it being a manufacturing fault affecting a minority of TC boxes, which are the 'B' series that should not have the oil pathway problem.

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
These failures are not that problem, there seems to be a few cases of sudden and complete inability to enter low, usually very early in the life of the TC, but not immediate. Ie, it has previously worked. There's an internal failure, it is not the lever, collar/pin, or cables.
Hopefully, and so far the problems seem consistent with it being a manufacturing fault affecting a minority of TC boxes, which are the 'B' series that should not have the oil pathway problem.
Mine's been changed to a "B" series but I haven't had a chance to test the HL/LL at all as yet:oops:... though the tech at the dealership who actually swapped out the case made two comments: the oil from the original box was "pristine", and he said he could tell that the "new" box had been previously opened and examined and was daubed in appropriate places with the marker pen of the quality inspector. Further he was impressed that the "new" box was overfilled with oil so that when he connected it to the (previously drained) external oil cooler, the levels were correct. All very reassuring... Far better than issues surfacing a year or so later and then having the hassle of legalities to get the problem rectified....;)

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Well. I now have “a” Grenadier. But it’s not mine.

Ineos Australia have graciously loaned me a car while they build and ship me a new one.

#3301 was due shipping at end of June but ended up with a “problem”. Was slated to be returned to Hambach but slipped thru cracks and remained in Belgium.

Question were raised when it didn’t arrive in Perth in September as scheduled and the hunt was on! Looks like logistics slipped up and didn’t return to factory for repairs so it sat on wharf at zebrugge.

Got to thank Justin and Trevor for providing a solution. .

I now have the pleasure of using Black Beauty (the pimp mobile) while my new Silver Beast is made and shipped.

Initial thoughts is it’s really nice to drive and well built. While they have excelled in some areas, some part of the design seem like an afterthought.

However fantastic bones to customise.

View attachment 7832337
Thanks for the update Nocrays
The more I "hear" /"learn" re. the advocacy of JustinH on behalf of his APAC customers the more my admiration grows for his hands-on style of executive leadership. I've never met the man, but I believe we are most fortunate to have him "in our corner"!

Clark Kent

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Thanks for the update Nocrays
The more I "hear" /"learn" re. the advocacy of JustinH on behalf of his APAC customers the more my admiration grows for his hands-on style of executive leadership. I've never met the man, but I believe we are most fortunate to have him "in our corner"!
I would add Joel Williams in Brisbane to that accolade list. Joel has also been very hands on. I get a sense that delays when they do occur are between Australia and the UK. Signs of a company that is still finding its feet.
Ineos reminds me of this 'building a plane' advertisement from a few years ago.
YT link

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I would add Joel Williams in Brisbane to that accolade list. Joel has also been very hands on. I get a sense that delays when they do occur are between Australia and the UK. Signs of a company that is still finding its feet.
Ineos reminds me of this 'building a plane' advertisement from a few years ago.
YT link
A hearty "I'll second that" from me in respect of Joel Williams. Absolutely focussed on his customers and allround fine fellow !👍

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:29 AM
Reaction score
Most or all Australian Ports are closed due to a cyber attack. That should speed up deliveries! /sarcasm.
Funny, we get Tuvalu back on side and China does the old cyber attack. And for us banning Huawei ask them years ago, they did Optus in again. We will never learn.

Shippa

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I did a thing (for you people in the Southern Hemisphere!)
A searched the Wallenius Wilhelmsen "Track and Trace" using all Customer Numbers up to 6200002420 and made an Excel Workbook of all vehicles on the way to South Africa, Australia and New Zealand. Each sheet has the data sported on VIN numbers to make it easy to look up....
Thank you very much. I rang Ineos Info line today and the guy in London said that his latest info was that my car is completed but still in the factory parking lot( 4 weeks now). According to your list it is booked on the Thebon. Due in Fremantle 8 Jan 2024. Thank you for the info.

Last edited:

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:29 AM
Reaction score
Thank you very much. I rang Ineos Info line today and the guy in London said that his latest info was that my car is completed but still in the factory parking lot( 4 weeks now). According to your list it is booked on the Thebon. Due in Fremantle * Jan 2024. Thank you for the info.
That is a good post Xmas present for you. It looks like shipping dates have been accurate the last 4 months so fingers crossed.

Shippa

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Just checked on the WW site and found my car listed to depart Zeebrugge 28/12 and ETA Freo on 7/2. A Month later than in @Fidei Defensor's list. Schedule must have been updated since he done his search

crimson

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
The eagle has landed.

Hopefully get to pickup the beast with extras in the next week or two. Couldn't be happier 😊

20231118_115420.jpg

For those that like dates, mine are as below:

Reservation: 27 March 2022
Ordered: 20 May 2022
Original Estimated Delivery: June - July 2023
Signed contract: 27 April 2023
New Estimated Delivery: December - Jan 2024
Actual Dealership Delivery: 18 November 2023

Last edited:

OGrid

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I picked up my car today, was rather happy it was now a reality and the eternal wait over.

Reservation: Sept 2021

Was enjoying drive home when my vehicle threw an engine temp warning alert on both the centre console and driver console. Within approx 20 seconds the warning went to critical on both consoles and the engine power was taken away…I then limped to the side of the road on a major Sydney arterial.

Fans in the engine bay were going ballistic.

It’s currently 25 deg C in Sydney and I didn’t even make it home on the first drive.

I’ll go through the motions of support etc, but you can guess my trust in the specific vehicle I just picked up is shattered. I certainly hope it’s a false positive, even that should never ever happen in my books, period.

James

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I picked up my car today, was rather happy it was now a reality and the eternal wait over.

Reservation: Sept 2021

Was enjoying drive home when my vehicle threw an engine temp warning alert on both the centre console and driver console. Within approx 20 seconds the warning went to critical on both consoles and the engine power was taken away…I then limped to the side of the road on a major Sydney arterial.

Fans in the engine bay were going ballistic.

It’s currently 25 deg C in Sydney and I didn’t even make it home on the first drive.

I’ll go through the motions of support etc, but you can guess my trust in the specific vehicle I just picked up is shattered. I certainly hope it’s a false positive, even that should never ever happen in my books, period.
Doesnt sound good, understandably worried. Hopefully theres a reason that restores your faith in the car if not the process, like no coolant or something…

OGrid

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I was in the process of just checking the coolant levels. Courtesy of this forum I was able to locate the coolant reservoirs quickly (there are two, either side of the engine bay at the back).

The Black cap (low temperature I believe) reservoir has coolant. The Blue cap (high temperature) reservoir is bone dry.

I can’t see any leaking of coolant hoses, all look dry and sealed ok.

edit: temperature reservoirs, not pressure.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom