The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Australasia Grenadier Delivery & Wait Times in Australia.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
10:39 PM
Reaction score
Yes, but from what I can understand that will make the nato 'hot' permanently,
Yes, it was for test purposes only.

I don't think I'd want either a permanent live or indeed an ignition live NATO socket.

Better to have method of isolation when not required.

bakepl

Grenadier Owner
Local time
7:39 AM
Reaction score
Yes, it was for test purposes only.

I don't think I'd want either a permanent live or indeed an ignition live NATO socket.

Better to have method of isolation when not required.
Perhaps, many if not most tow applications here will have live power when running to an anderson or flat 12 socket via a relay and fuse of course...

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Perhaps, many if not most tow applications here will have live power when running to an anderson or flat 12 socket via a relay and fuse of course...
Yes I have always had a permanently live Anderson plug on the back of my vehicles. The NATO is better protected than those.

James

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Yes I have always had a permanently live Anderson plug on the back of my vehicles. The NATO is better protected than those.
Surely there’s some thunderbirds fun to be had adding things to the overhead panel?😉

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Which size Anderson?

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
If you mean the one in my picture. I think it is I believe it is part of the NATO setup and it is what turns it on and off with the winch. There wa some talk that a software update would remove the restrictions but I doubt that’s high on their list at the moment so my thought is just to bypass it and have NATO permanently live or possibly add a switch in the rear compartment, I actually wonder if you could in fact disconnect the solenoid/relay and repurpose it with a rear switch. My concern would be throwing up additional canbus errors.
Appropriately wired, a live feed from the solenoid to a 3,000W inverter opens up all sorts of possibilities.... :unsure:

Local time
5:39 AM
Reaction score
Well everyone I'm no longer waiting for my Grenadier as I've had it for a couple of weeks now. I'm quite pleased with it as I carefully run it in for a thousand K's then I'll see what it can do. Probably do a trip up north in September to the Pilbara.

Got a few software glitches where the odometer and remaining range display alternates from what it should display to Transmission error, PDC error etc.

The steering also has a little play at the straight ahead point meaning you get a bit of wander to correct on a straight road. Looking on the web about recirculating ball steering this should be able to be adjusted out with a thrust adjustment on the steering box.

Oh yes the indicator in the snorkel fell out. I've fixed that with Blu-Tack for now which might become the permanent fix as it's holding it in really well.

I was disappointed to find out the the front tow bar fitment isn't rated. I've been told it's there to better position a trailer say on a boat ramp but not for mounting a winch in a cradle. I'm still missing the side steps I ordered which will make it easier to get in and out of.

All in all I'm pleased with it and as you'll see below ourGrenadier.jpg cows find it interesting.
Cheers, Grey Nomad.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Well everyone I'm no longer waiting for my Grenadier as I've had it for a couple of weeks now. I'm quite pleased with it as I carefully run it in for a thousand K's then I'll see what it can do. Probably do a trip up north in September to the Pilbara.

Got a few software glitches where the odometer and remaining range display alternates from what it should display to Transmission error, PDC error etc.

The steering also has a little play at the straight ahead point meaning you get a bit of wander to correct on a straight road. Looking on the web about recirculating ball steering this should be able to be adjusted out with a thrust adjustment on the steering box.

Oh yes the indicator in the snorkel fell out. I've fixed that with Blu-Tack for now which might become the permanent fix as it's holding it in really well.

I was disappointed to find out the the front tow bar fitment isn't rated. I've been told it's there to better position a trailer say on a boat ramp but not for mounting a winch in a cradle. I'm still missing the side steps I ordered which will make it easier to get in and out of.

All in all I'm pleased with it and as you'll see below ourView attachment 7822869 cows find it interesting.
Cheers, Grey Nomad.
We had a long discussion about the front tow hitch not being rated for the portable winch about a year ago.
I ordered for exactly the reason specified. Moving vans, boats etc around in tight spaces.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I was disappointed to find out the the front tow bar fitment isn't rated. I've been told it's there to better position a trailer say on a boat ramp but not for mounting a winch in a cradle.
Do you have the fro t tow bar fitting? It would be nice to see some close ups and any technical details of how it's fixed if that's possible please. 👍

Bobby Mac

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
New tyres fitted today - 285/70/17 Maxxis MT. Definitely don't think anything bigger will fit on the rear door without blocking access to the smaller door. They also fill out the guards perfectly. Anything wider will poke out. Steering also feels a bit bit tighter with the wider tyres, but that could also have been due to the wheel alignment.
Couldn’t help noticing the plate! I wasn’t sure I’d like SW, but after having it for a couple of weeks, now I think it’s the best.

Attachments

• IMG_4972.jpeg
    IMG_4972.jpeg
    268.4 KB · Views: 71

CBN

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Couldn’t help noticing the plate! I wasn’t sure I’d like SW, but after having it for a couple of weeks, now I think it’s the best.
Yeh I like it a lot as well. It's a very creamy white and seems to change a bit depending on the light

Back
Top Bottom