The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Australasia Grenadier Delivery & Wait Times in Australia.

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:11 AM
Reaction score
Inside the grenadier there are four attachment points where the Cargo Barrier can lock into, up above the windows. If you have no Cargo Barrier then they remain unused and vacant. What about a couple of brackets that slot into those unused attachment points either side, and they in turn are designed to clamp onto and cater for fishing rods to be located "INSIDE" the vehicle?
Sounds like a great idea. You should make them and sell them 😄

Local time
Reaction score
Two questions about the Australian Version of the Grenadier.
  1. Is there an Anderson Plug fitted at the rear to carry vehicle charging to a towed Camper/Caravan?
This AU owner (1st photo) ran a new cable from the starter for an Anderson, I saw mention of a grommet in the floor of the battery box somewhere to run the cable out to the rear bumper. The Euro 13 was replaced with a 12 pin flat. The bracket is custom made.

Other photos:
For a Redarc brake controller connection using the Euro 13 trailer plug, another owner utilised the empty #12 spot on the Ineos socket. The unused #8 terminal pin was removed/cut off and the Ineos wire insulated. That metal pin was then used in #12 on the socket for the brake wire in a matching Euro 13 plug which, has all terminals in place.

Attachments

• 364120510_10160125628688999_3261732439566144734_n.jpg
    364120510_10160125628688999_3261732439566144734_n.jpg
    170.5 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_20230807_121258.jpg
    IMG_20230807_121258.jpg
    180.8 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_20230807_121821.jpg
    IMG_20230807_121821.jpg
    176.6 KB · Views: 50
  • 13-PIN-600x413.jpg
    13-PIN-600x413.jpg
    135.1 KB · Views: 68
Local time
12:11 PM
Reaction score
Thanks for that Andrew
I rand SLRV on the electric telephone and got someone who was full of reasons why it could not be done. That sort negative talk is not why the Grenaide up and runnning.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
I rand SLRV on the electric telephone and got someone who was full of reasons why it could not be done. That sort negative talk is not why the Grenaide up and runnning.
Time to find some 3D printer savvy youngster who needs some pocket money.

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Two questions about the Australian Version of the Grenadier.

1. Is there an Anderson Plug fitted at the rear to carry vehicle charging to a towed Camper/Caravan?
  2. Is there at this stage an accessory to carry a shover on the side channels at the side of the vehicle?
Re. the Anderson plug: There is a sizeable grommet in the rear driver's side 20230807_083115.jpgwheel arch under the large plastic panel. Plenty of room to run a charging cable from the battery compartment, out through the grommet and across to the towbar.

AnD3rew

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Re. the Anderson plug: There is a sizeable grommet in the rear driver's side View attachment 7822602wheel arch under the large plastic panel. Plenty of room to run a charging cable from the battery compartment, out through the grommet and across to the towbar.
Can we not just connect these together to get permanent power to NATO?
IMG_4474.jpeg

Fab

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:11 PM
Reaction score
I think the flood of Grenadiers hitting our shores is about to begin.
Damn, I should have ordered my Grenadier in Australia and drive it home.
Would have quicker than ordering it 360 km. from Hambach. 😎
Looking forward to reading Australian comments.

Greasemonkey

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:11 PM
Reaction score
Xactly, and do we know if the left cable going to the solenoid is permanently 'hot' or 'hot' via ignition on?
The left ( red ) cable is permanently hot. I connected my compressor to this cable via another solenoid. To operate this extra solenoid I use the EXT1 switch.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:11 PM
Reaction score
Xactly, and do we know if the left cable going to the solenoid is permanently 'hot' or 'hot' via ignition on?
As per @Greasemonkey - cable is fused at 350A under the seats in the 5 way fuse box (red circle) and routed under the footwell/door trim (green oval), to emerge in the loadspace area as per the photo above in @DenisM's post:
IMG_20230726_131957533_HDR (2).jpg

AnD3rew

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
So what is this solenoid? Added aftermarket or part of the NATO set up?
If you mean the one in my picture. I think it is I believe it is part of the NATO setup and it is what turns it on and off with the winch. There wa some talk that a software update would remove the restrictions but I doubt that’s high on their list at the moment so my thought is just to bypass it and have NATO permanently live or possibly add a switch in the rear compartment, I actually wonder if you could in fact disconnect the solenoid/relay and repurpose it with a rear switch. My concern would be throwing up additional canbus errors.

bakepl

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
If you mean the one in my picture. I think it is I believe it is part of the NATO setup and it is what turns it on and off with the winch. There wa some talk that a software update would remove the restrictions but I doubt that’s high on their list at the moment so my thought is just to bypass it and have NATO permanently live or possibly add a switch in the rear compartment, I actually wonder if you could in fact disconnect the solenoid/relay and repurpose it with a rear switch. My concern would be throwing up additional canbus errors.
I understand why the nato is connected to the front winch now.. is live via carwash.. in case you need to winch front or rear. I'll be looking at repurposing the nato solenoid in the rear so that it's powered with ignition on/car running via a piggyback fuse somewhere... thus providing power to trailer/caravan when vehicle is running. If not I'll install another solenoid to do the same.

James

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Could you not activate this solenoid with the ceiling power switch? Take a jumper from anywhere on the circuit that’s powered up that way? Seems neat, and allows useful control of that socket.

AnD3rew

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I understand why the nato is connected to the front winch now.. is live via carwash.. in case you need to winch front or rear. I'll be looking at repurposing the nato solenoid in the rear so that it's powered with ignition on/car running via a piggyback fuse somewhere... thus providing power to trailer/caravan when vehicle is running. If not I'll install another solenoid to do the same.
Could you not activate this solenoid with the ceiling power switch? Take a jumper from anywhere on the circuit that’s powered up that way? Seems neat, and allows useful control of that socket.
@DCPU has found how to neatly jump in the fuse box to power it in another thread.
Post in thread 'High Load Auxiliary Switch Panel'
https://www.theineosforum.com/threads/high-load-auxiliary-switch-panel.12410279/post-1333204396

Last edited:

bakepl

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
For my purpose I won't need a separate switch.. the ignition will be the switch, just piggyback a fuse that switches on the nato solenoid with ignition on.

bakepl

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Back
Top Bottom