The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Australasia Grenadier Delivery & Wait Times in Australia.

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:20 AM
Reaction score
I ordered a pretty standard spec, but with carpet, which is not a popular option. However, if they offered me a same spec sooner but with rubber flooring (and the carpet price removed) I would probably take it.
IMO the carpet isn't that nice. It looks average at best especially when it gets dirty. But each to their own.

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:20 AM
Reaction score
Correct. It appears that they are installed in Australia prior to delivery to the agents.

View attachment 7817575
There's something you wouldn't see in GB or Europe. All those light coloured IG's. Makes a difference from seeing trucks full of Donny Grey.

I thought ordering SW I might be in the minority, but perhaps not.

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
There's something you wouldn't see in GB or Europe. All those light coloured IG's. Makes a difference from seeing trucks full of Donny Grey.

https://m.facebook.com/questions.php?question_id=6497816390245097&mibextid=Nif5oz

I think there was a post around somewhere that had all ordered colours, it was a toss up between MM and DG as to what was most popular, *edit*, see the link if you're in the AU FB group

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:20 PM
Reaction score
IMO the carpet isn't that nice. It looks average at best especially when it gets dirty. But each to their own.
Don’t agree! The carpet looks great 👍. Especially when clean. It is just not practical as soon as you bring mud and dust in the car.
I ordered it because of a German angst syndrome. My TD5 is so loud without a carpet…

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score

I called into Ignition in Brisbane yesterday and they had the Shale Blue Trialmaster just arrived as their demonstrator and it looked fantastic.
They told me today that mine is at the docks waiting to be loaded onto a ship.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:20 PM
Reaction score
Hmmm, yes this is what I was afraid of. The factory side indicator has a round plastic surround, but it looks like they have just stuck a non-round indicator onto it. That kind of sucks. I hope there is a suitable round cat-6 indicator we can swap it for.
I think they look better and the angled front has to mean they will be less prone to damage from an errant branch.

ATP

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I called into Ignition in Brisbane yesterday and they had the Shale Blue Trialmaster just arrived as their demonstrator and it looked fantastic.
They told me today that mine is at the docks waiting to be loaded onto a ship.
Whooo hooooo.....happy days!

Last edited:

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I would guess 20-40% cancel. Something significant, anyway.

$5k refundable deposit to join the queue will have attracted a lot of floating voters. Zero risk to self.

... and then you've got cars turning up at yards without people having a signed contract. Decision is entirely theirs.

Very generous of Ineos... (cannot continue)
For what you assume to be happening Sam would mean IG are producing cars based on the order and deposit but NO CONTRCAT SIGNED, meaning the buyer is walking away from the purchase and getting back their deposit and the next person with same/very similar order getting bumped up the queue

Solmanic

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I think they look better and the angled front has to mean they will be less prone to damage from an errant branch.
Yeah, I don't mind the shape of the indicator itself, just the fact that it's being stuck into a spot designed for a round one. If they made a wedge shaped backing piece it would be really neat.

Sam

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
For what you assume to be happening Sam would mean IG are producing cars based on the order and deposit but NO CONTRCAT SIGNED, meaning the buyer is walking away from the purchase and getting back their deposit and the next person with same/very similar order getting bumped up the queue

Logically, yes. What else would happen to vehicles manufactured with no contract signed, and then customer cancels? Someone will be offered the vehicle..

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Logically, yes. What else would happen to vehicles manufactured with no contract signed, and then customer cancels? Someone will be offered the vehicle..
OR logically rather than moving that vehicle onto someone who already has a similar vehicle ordered, IA / the dealer could sell it to someone without a contract for circa $13-15k more under the new pricing structure.

Sam

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Either way, the queue/sequencing is bypassed/ compromised

Not that I think this will happen (very often), because the dealer will risk royally pissing off early order holders, who've been waiting for a year. Land Rover have been doing this.

Last edited:

Sam

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
from another thread:

So there appears to be some issue at IA regarding invoicing and contracts.
I have agreed to take someone else's cancelled order, the vehicle is ready to go but there is no sign of any paperwork. The dealer mentioned there was some sort of 'systems' issue, but I have heard nothing from IA other than they have my details and are working on it..

I noticed that some people have been waiting a long time for VAT invoices. I just wanted to see if anyone knows any more than I do, which is not much.

I presume @Tom D was an existing order holder, who got moved up the queue (and paid pre-rise price)?

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:20 PM
Reaction score
Rates here in AUS have gone from a 2% to nearly 6% for all variable loans, which means a whole lot of people who thought $100K+ was an easy choice are now looking woefully short of cash.. considering the average mortgage is heading towards 600K nationally, and for city dwellers $800K. Let's face it, many cancellations will be purely financial. I have cash - so going up the order is fine by me!

Back
Top Bottom