The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Australasia Grenadier Delivery & Wait Times in Australia.

Solmanic

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:30 AM
Reaction score
Hmmm, yes this is what I was afraid of. The factory side indicator has a round plastic surround, but it looks like they have just stuck a non-round indicator onto it. That kind of sucks. I hope there is a suitable round cat-6 indicator we can swap it for.
1687483419302.png
1687483550972.png

Solmanic

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I hope there is a suitable round cat-6 indicator we can swap it for.
Just had a quick look, and the internet says no. This is one of the best designs available. Maybe Ineos could make some replacement plastic side trims pieces for the Australian market so the swap is better integrated (since we are supposed to be a top 4 market).

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Just had a quick look, and the internet says no. This is one of the best designs available. Maybe Ineos could make some replacement plastic side trims pieces for the Australian market so the swap is better integrated (since we are supposed to be a top 4 market).
Have heard a rumour that current may be an interim solution and there may be a proper one coming.

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:30 AM
Reaction score
Plenty of them I hear. There are GRENS in there that will be going to people who actually didn't know their vehicle was in production... or who have not yet signed a contract! Just saying...
This defiantly is the case, I know of one person who didn't know (nor his dealer) that his was in the country sitting on the dock. I'm hoping tthis is the case with mine 🤞 :cautious:

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I'm no expert, but my understanding is that it’s the brightness and visibility from behind that's the issue (not the colour of the shell). To satisfy ADRs, vehicles with a GVM over 3.5T have to be fitted with Category 6 side indicators which have to meet certain standards of visibility.
Correct (y)

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
This defiantly is the case, I know of one person who didn't know (nor his dealer) that his was in the country sitting on the dock. I'm hoping tthis is the case with mine 🤞 :cautious:
So there's the rub right there an I was talking about this just this morning.
Here's a potential situation....
You're told your vehicle is built and awaiting shipping allocation, so you don't sell your existing vehicle until you hear otherwise. After all you don't want to be too long without a car.
Then after a month or longer of the same notice from the dealer and no change - still waiting allocation, you get notice that your IG has arrived and will be ready in two-three weeks.
So you have to scramble to try to sell your car in a hurry.

No one wants to be in that sort of scenario. And I doubt Ineos will be all that sympathetic about any delay in your taking possession.

So do you sell now and potentially not have a vehicle for 3-4 months on the off chance it's on a boat already?
I find it impossible to believe Ineos do not know the real shipping status of their stock.

Max

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:30 PM
Reaction score
I find it impossible to believe Ineos do not know the real shipping status of their stock.
I agree with you totally if you're reliant on the money of the sale of your other car...and also find it hard to believe Ineo does not know about the shipping status...IMO I believe that they know what car and what ship but have an idea of where but when...too many variables...soooon maaate.

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I agree with you totally if you're reliant on the money of the sale of your other car...and also find it hard to believe Ineo does not know about the shipping status...IMO I believe that they know what car and what ship but have an idea of where but when...too many variables...soooon maaate.
Yeah, I'm not in any hurry and will take it when it comes - August / September, it doesn't matter really. Just to know it's on the boat gives you a general idea you can work with is all. It's the early surprise when you still think it's in Europe will be the thing that bites me on the arse.

Sam

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I think youre missing something @bigleonski

whats happening is that vehicles are already on their way and then customers are cancelling. the vehicle gets re-allocated to someone down the queue with same similar spec... so they get 'surprised'

there's not that much actually variety in these things... aside from colour, engine, trim... the rest is pretty superficial. many people will have similar specs

Sam

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
before production started i was 120th in the perth queue

perth deliveries currently number 6

when i take delivery i'll find out how many deliveries came before me... THEN we'll know the true % of cancellations

HT

Local time
4:30 PM
Reaction score
So there's the rub right there an I was talking about this just this morning.
Here's a potential situation....
You're told your vehicle is built and awaiting shipping allocation, so you don't sell your existing vehicle until you hear otherwise. After all you don't want to be too long without a car.
Then after a month or longer of the same notice from the dealer and no change - still waiting allocation, you get notice that your IG has arrived and will be ready in two-three weeks.
So you have to scramble to try to sell your car in a hurry.

No one wants to be in that sort of scenario. And I doubt Ineos will be all that sympathetic about any delay in your taking possession.

So do you sell now and potentially not have a vehicle for 3-4 months on the off chance it's on a boat already?
100% agree - There's a pretty inflated 2nd hand car market right now which is deflating every day, which adds yet another dimension to this quandary.

Sam

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Personally seeing is believing. I've accepted that I wont sell existing car until I see my IG in the showroom.

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I think youre missing something @bigleonski

whats happening is that vehicles are already on their way and then customers are cancelling. the vehicle gets re-allocated to someone down the queue with same similar spec... so they get 'surprised'

there's not that much actually variety in these things... aside from colour, engine, trim... the rest is pretty superficial. many people will have similar specs
Do you really think there are that many cancellations? I'd be surprised if it's significant.
Anyway, this isn't really a bitch as such, maybe a little frustration (dare I say sick of waiting ;) ). I suppose all we can do is hold tight and pester the dealers for when they get notification.

Sam

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I would guess 20-40% cancel. Something significant, anyway.

$5k refundable deposit to join the queue will have attracted a lot of floating voters. Zero risk to self.

... and then you've got cars turning up at yards without people having a signed contract. Decision is entirely theirs.

Very generous of Ineos... (cannot continue)

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Do you really think there are that many cancellations? I'd be surprised if it's significant.
Anyway, this isn't really a bitch as such, maybe a little frustration (dare I say sick of waiting ;) ). I suppose all we can do is hold tight and pester the dealers for when they get notification.
I have a pretty good idea that there are a few cancellations I did have a look over the shoulder of the rep when I was in the showroom 🤫. Don't be surprised if you get a surprise.
I'm fortunate I don't need to sell to buy. But I do understand your situation. I wonder of you sign the contract, can they sell it from under you?

Solmanic

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I have a pretty good idea that there are a few cancellations I did have a look over the shoulder of the rep when I was in the showroom 🤫. Don't be surprised if you get a surprise.
I'm fortunate I don't need to sell to buy. But I do understand your situation. I wonder of you sign the contract, can they sell it from under you?
I ordered a pretty standard spec, but with carpet, which is not a popular option. However, if they offered me a same spec sooner but with rubber flooring (and the carpet price removed) I would probably take it.

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
You'd hardly think they will retrofit a different one to those already fitted though.
According to the rumour, that was likely to happen. Apparently it’s supposed to have a whole new plate that goes in that panel with the indicator in it, but they have had trouble getting them delivered in time so this is to get cars delivered, hopefully they will be fitted properly when the right ones come in.

Back
Top Bottom