The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Australasia Grenadier Delivery & Wait Times in Australia.

Greg

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:50 AM
Reaction score
Whilst i agree that we should leave politics out of the forum, just to expand on that sensationalist 34% figure that is often quoted. The largest part of SSW is Age Pension and assistance for the aged. One of the smallest part is Job Seeker income support, but it is never explained that way.
SSW also includes includes assitance to veterans and dependants, Family Tax Benefit, disability support and careers.

ATP

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:50 PM
Reaction score
Just got off the phone with Melvin from Magic Enterprises in Perth W.A. He tells me my Grenadier has been built and is in Batch & Hold waiting for a ship. Hopefully it will come to Fremantle rather than the eastern states then a bearing brinelling trip on a truck to Perth. Hope you are right and its coming in June.
Cheers, Grey Nomad
Melvin called me today as well. Mine has just been allocated to a boat... Whatever that means in terms of arrival to Freo and quarantine delays?

Reactions: Sam

Disco Dave

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Whilst i agree that we should leave politics out of the forum, just to expand on that sensationalist 34% figure that is often quoted. The largest part of SSW is Age Pension and assistance for the aged. One of the smallest part is Job Seeker income support, but it is never explained that way.
SSW also includes includes assitance to veterans and dependants, Family Tax Benefit, disability support and careers.
Actually, because I detest wrong information. The age pension makes up only 27% of the social security pay out. So only about 9% of GDP.

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Just got off the phone with Melvin from Magic Enterprises in Perth W.A. He tells me my Grenadier has been built and is in Batch & Hold waiting for a ship. Hopefully it will come to Fremantle rather than the eastern states then a bearing brinelling trip on a truck to Perth. Hope you are right and its coming in June.
Cheers, Grey Nomad
Then - the next boat that stops at Fremantle is the Titania - departing Zeebrugge 12 May arriving in Fremantle 12 July

Greg

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Because i detest ppl to lazy to read the post they are trying to bag...

As i said, the largest part of SSW is Age Pension and assistance for the aged.

The biggest component of social security and welfare expenditure, the Age Pension and other income support for seniors...

Actually, because I detest wrong information. The age pension makes up only 27% of the social security pay out. So only about 9% of GDP.

Solmanic

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Social security and welfare is 34% of GDP, and military is 2%. For the 20-21 financial year. So yeah, for once the media are correct.

Now I believe politics is not appropriate on this forum.
Your post was referring to jobseeker, which is about $34B odd (including youth allowance), less that the $52-54B for defense.

Local time
3:50 PM
Reaction score
Oh no. You didn’t? Did you order it before or after Elon went fully mental?
Yes I did.

Having said that the last car I bought came from a company who systematically cheated on emissions, and paid to gas monkeys to prove that their cheating diesels were OK. Which was the management of the company.

Yes Elon is quite likely a complete nutter but once you start making ethical judgements on car companies .. it's a slippery slope. I've been around cars and car companies for too long. Overall Tesla the company has done many pretty good things, by car company standards. It's worth noting that the largest shareholder of Tesla bought Twitter. Tesla the company did not buy Twitter. Nor did the other 79,999 people that work there buy Twitter.

I am determined not to conduct this analysis on the Ineos chemical company. I think we best just leave this here. :eek:

https://www.theguardian.com/busines...or-testing-diesel-fumes-on-humans-and-monkeys

Sam

Grenadier Owner
Local time
10:50 PM
Reaction score
Yes Elon is quite likely a complete nutter but once you start making ethical judgements on car companies .. it's a slippery slope. I've been around cars and car companies for too long. Overall Tesla the company has done many pretty good things, by car company standards. It's worth noting that the largest shareholder of Tesla bought Twitter. Tesla the company did not buy Twitter. Nor did the other 79,999 people that work there buy Twitter.

True. Leave the ethical judgement of companies out of it, and just focus on Elon.

An epic twat.

Local time
Reaction score
For comparison, let's look at SJR's Wikipedia page. Reassuringly short and free from personal scandals.

I want to believe!

That Elon is a whack job - well I'm certainly not going to argue.

None the less I buy Apple products (Steve Jobs was probably just as bad if not worse), and worked for many years on Oracle DB's which are owned/controlled by a very big nut job.

I believe there are several issues one could pick with Ineos .. which as stated I have made a conscious decision not to investigate. If I go there I'll end up in a corner unable to do anything lest I be touched by evil!

So playing the ball.. The tesla is a very good EV and suits our needs. You can throw a road bike in without taking the wheels off!

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I want to believe!

That Elon is a whack job - well I'm certainly not going to argue.

None the less I buy Apple products (Steve Jobs was probably just as bad if not worse), and worked for many years on Oracle DB's which are owned/controlled by a very big nut job.

I believe there are several issues one could pick with Ineos .. which as stated I have made a conscious decision not to investigate. If I go there I'll end up in a corner unable to do anything lest I be touched by evil!

So playing the ball.. The tesla is a very good EV and suits our needs. You can throw a road bike in without taking the wheels off!
Yep, Sir Jim is in my opinion a hypocrite on Brexit and the companies have had significant criticism on a few fronts. But if you go down that road too deeply you won’t buy anything from anyone.

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Which
Your post was referring to jobseeker, which is about $34B odd (including youth allowance), less that the $52-54B for defense.
That's only a fraction of or welfare payout!

Back to the thread title... how long before the first boat of load the 1st Oz gren?

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Which

That's only a fraction of or welfare payout!

Back to the thread title... how long before the first boat of load the 1st Oz gren?
I checked in today and the agent hasn't had an update on mine since 17 Mar, at which time my Gren was officially listed as "..sittin' by the dock of the bay watchin' the tide rollin'away" and waiting to be allocated a berth on a RO/RO ...

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Maybe but wait there's more! Take a look at the following link https://www.walleniuswilhelmsen.com/schedules as there are other possibilities as well.
Yeah - but which ship is the "first 92" Grenadiers on?

Remember: on 25 Feb Justin Hocevar said there was a ship with the first batch of "92 Grenadiers" on board soon leaving Zeebrugge, bound for Australia.

Looking at the the shipping schedule - my money is on the OBERON.

Why ? It departed 9/3 and arrives Brisbane 8/5, then Melb 13/5, then Freo 18/5

Local time
Reaction score
Yep, Sir Jim is in my opinion a hypocrite on Brexit and the companies have had significant criticism on a few fronts. But if you go down that road too deeply you won’t buy anything from anyone.
One day I started googling all the companies I might buy a car from. On top of all the dodgy things I knew about from my fleet days.. I found there wasn't one that wasn't dodgy AF.

I even thought.. what if I googled my lunch. Turns out there is quite a controversy over the guy subway used to advertise.. remember him? Exactly what you said.. you'd never buy anything.

I'm coming out of a horrible VW experience. I hate the monkey gassing and cheating and stuff. I also hate how if they have a design problem they just fix the same part and hope that it gets the car out of warranty. No care that it's now the owners problem. I hate them a lot more than I hate Elon.

Check out the three pages of DSG replacement clutches you get from a search for "Golf" at repco. Yet apparently this is now my problem. And then our previous VW used to lunch water pumps every two years...

https://www.repco.com.au/search?q=golf:matching&page=0

So I just play the ball not the man. Tesla make the benchmark EV. I'll go with that. Ineos make what we hope will be the benchmark 4x4. I'll most likely go with that.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
I even thought.. what if I googled my lunch.
I had a wallaby with native pepperberry pie today.
I'm sure it was a pretty straightforward local paddock to plate experience.
I wouldn't touch Subway with a barge pole 🥴

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I had a wallaby with native pepperberry pie today.
I'm sure it was a pretty straightforward local paddock to plate experience.
I wouldn't touch Subway with a barge pole 🥴
When I was in Bell Bay we had a furnace worker with the nickname ‘Roadkill’.
No need to go into the reason why, other than to wonder if he now finds himself working in a bakery…?

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
When I was in Bell Bay we had a furnace worker with the nickname ‘Roadkill’.
No need to go into the reason why, other than to wonder if he now finds himself working in a bakery…?
It has never been shameful to consume fresh roadkill. Maybe not "palatable" to the sensitive city folk, even though a fair few of them have without knowledge contributed to country pies :D
Peter Cundall used to recommended dragging a carcass home , burying it and planting a tree over the top.
A worthy though not entirely popular solution , but perhaps better than the alternative of raptors putting themselves in harm's way on our roads.
But everyone wants a huge house , not trees , nowadays...
Wow , look how these threads run off the road :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom