The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Australasia Grenadier Delivery & Wait Times in Australia.

Local time
12:44 PM
Reaction score
Afternoon all,

Also received my contract this morning.
Reserved 30th September 2021
Original deposit paid 8th August 2022
Ordered 9th June 2022

Contract was accurate although I opted for the glass rear panels instead of the metal panels but the contract appears to not make any mention of this. Everything else is accurate but there is a discrepancy around the total based on using values from the pre price rise in November last year and the original PDF from the Agent/Dealer (who are Purnell in Sydney and have also been very good with communications etc so happy to endorse them as well)

Maybe the inaccurate value is also a tax "thing" and yes, a tax on a tax, have to love governments of all levels for applying this revenue raising calculation!

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:44 AM
Reaction score
My contract turned up last night. Initial reservation 15th October 21, ordered 20th May 22. All looks good except the stamp duty, which has been incorrectly calculated. by about $2200 above what it should be. According to my agent this will be rectified in the final invoice. Apart from that all looks good. Wasn't too happy to find out that stamp duty is paid on the full purchase price including GST. So paying a tax on a tax, which is just wrong imo.

Anyway, will give it another read this evening and then sign my life away. Hopeful for an August delivery.
Stamp duty isn't a tax, it is a fee.
Sure looks like a tax to me though

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
FYI for Sydney residents, a red Fieldmaster Prototype was due at Purnell Adventure yesterday.

EDIT: true to form it is late, it looks like Friday now (tomorrow).

Last edited:

Andrew Kilby

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
My contract turned up last night. Initial reservation 15th October 21, ordered 20th May 22. All looks good except the stamp duty, which has been incorrectly calculated. by about $2200 above what it should be. According to my agent this will be rectified in the final invoice. Apart from that all looks good. Wasn't too happy to find out that stamp duty is paid on the full purchase price including GST. So paying a tax on a tax, which is just wrong imo.

Anyway, will give it another read this evening and then sign my life away. Hopeful for an August delivery.
Woody: you are in Canberra. Cant you get the tax problem fixed :)

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:44 PM
Reaction score
I wonder if the customer service provider is paid a bonus on case volume?

If sequentially numbered and starting from the obvious start point then that seems a high volume of queries for 15,000 initial reservations.

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

Hi Woody,
that's the same with all the State Govts. ... they consider the GST as part of the "unit" cost, be it a vehicle, house insurance premium whatever.

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Try Club 4X4. They paid out on my total loss claim recently. Very good off road coverage.
Extremely expensive though. They wanted $5k for my Grenadier. I might use them if I am planning a big offroad trip, like Canning, but can’t justify when I can get Shannons on my multi car policy for just over $1k

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
That is high, much higher than my Patrol. I may have to shop around.

Just keep an eye on the insured value at Shannons over the coming years, they drop the insured value quickly. In my case well below the car's real value.

Davman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

Just keep an eye on the insured value at Shannons over the coming years, they drop the insured value quickly. In my case well below the car's real value.
Thats not my experience, and I have been with them for about 8 years. They are always pretty good at chatting to you about the realistic value of cars - in many cases I have been able to insure it way above market value.

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I was with Shannon's for over 20 years. A friend warned me, he was right. I expected more.

I moved for big jump in insured value, but lower premium.

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

All my Shannons policies are agreed value and they haven’t pushed back on any of the values I have requested

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I wonder if the customer service provider is paid a bonus on case volume?

If sequentially numbered and starting from the obvious start point then that seems a high volume of queries for 15,000 initial reservations.
I noticed that some people on here and on FB send them about 20 questions a day and many of them don't even have reservations, let alone orders.
I saw one where a person asked them for details on the wiper blade inserts

OGrid

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I’m guessing by the flurry of contracts hitting the great southern land today that many are lining up to receive vehicles in a similar timeframe. This is rather good news.

Early days, and we have to run in engines etc, but putting it out there for a possible camp fire meetup at some time this year in Spring (?).

Food for thought - Vic High country (near NSW border for NSW and ACT folks), Fraser Island (southern Qld, NSW, and intrepid Vic), or the tri-border of desert country of Cameron Corner (SA, Qld, NSW) as some options. Nice to now be talking options. Damn, I’d attend all three. Sorry WA, you are a long distance for my suggestions for a long weekend.

Edit: West Coast Tasmania, another option. What a rugged amazing place.

Last edited:

Wayneos

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Re insurance, a quick online Shannon's quote is $2575 with an agreed value of $109,525

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
I already have 5 cars on Shannons so mine was just over $1k with the multiple policy discounts
As a multiple owner , that's good to know! The savings pay for rego and ins of all the others...

Back
Top Bottom