The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Australasia Grenadier Delivery & Wait Times in Australia.

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:36 PM
Reaction score
The forum is really amazing. Criticism is accepted, there are apologies and discussions do not degenerate into world wars.
It's almost as if adult women were writing here and not 11 year old boys trapped in older bodies!
yes - because we are a "family" of "friends" I guess - a strong shared interest binds us together.

But of course - like all families differing views (right & left, up & down)!

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:36 PM
Reaction score
yes - because we are a "family" of "friends" I guess - a strong shared interest binds us together.

But of course - like all families differing views (right & left, up & down)!
You are absolute right. But its awsome anyway! By the way, who is the ranting uncle at the family reunion on christmas?

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I was told today the ship carrying the cars will first dock in New Zealand than Australia, including Port Kembla and Port Melbourne. Dealer was unsure if it would stop in Brisbane.

INEOS Australia expect added delays because it is the first shipment from a new car maker. Those delays should shorten for later shipments.
If that is indeed correct - then the first ship to Australia carrying Grenadiers could be the OBERON.

Docks in Auckland tomorrow, then Brisbane 8 May and Melbourne 13 May.

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
You are absolute right. But its awsome anyway! By the way, who is the ranting uncle at the family reunion on christmas?
That used to be me in discussions with my young nephews & nieces who vote for the Greens party but my wife has now asked me to refrain.

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
If that is indeed correct - then the first ship to Australia carrying Grenadiers could be the OBERON.

Docks in Auckland tomorrow, then Brisbane 8 May and Melbourne 13 May.
He then said 5-6 weeks to clear the port, because it is the first shipment of a new car maker and he thought late June or July at worse at Dealers. Those dates fit.

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:36 PM
Reaction score
I just checked this out at the local dealer. That white is very much to my liking. I'm envious of those with Grenadiers on the boat. I hope you get it real soon.
would suit a Star Wars Stormtrooper that colour combo

Local time
1:36 PM
Reaction score
The more I hear the more I fear it will be more like August before I get mine. I already lost a $200 bet with my son made last year that I would have it by the end of March
No you'll still win. as long as you didn't say mach 2023. just say you meant march 2024

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
No you'll still win. as long as you didn't say mach 2023. just say you meant march 2024
Hah, sadly my son is onto that, he has already collected it. When I say collected, he already owed it to me.

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
He then said 5-6 weeks to clear the port, because it is the first shipment of a new car maker and he thought late June or July at worse at Dealers. Those dates fit.
They also need to remove the side indicators and replace with ADR compliant ones once they get to the dealers. They will still need some time at agents once they get there from port, indicators, dealer fitted accessories and PDI

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
They also need to remove the side indicators and replace with ADR compliant ones once they get to the dealers. They will still need some time at agents once they get there from port, indicators, dealer fitted accessories and PDI
So when I spoke to my agent (sells 10 different auto brands) regarding port clearance he said approximately only 10 days for quarantine/customs; 10 days transportation to him (because of lack of road carriers to cope with huge backlog of cars cleared at the port). He never mentioned the new car maker thing.

He also said only 2 days needed at his dealership to prep car.

That's 1 month from ship dock to my garage dock.

Reactions: Max

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
So when I spoke to my agent (sells 10 different auto brands) regarding port clearance he said approximately only 10 days for quarantine/customs; 10 days transportation to him (because of lack of road carriers to cope with huge backlog of cars cleared at the port). He never mentioned the new car maker thing.

He also said only 2 days needed at his dealership to prep car.

That's 1 month from ship dock to my garage dock.
That is a very optimistic timeframe from your dealer. It may take longer because it is a new car maker’s first shipment, it might not. The first shipment will be the guinea pigs through various ports.

Last edited:

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
That is a very optimistic timeframe from your dealer. It may take longer because it is a new car maker’s first shipment, it might no. The first shipment will be the guinea pigs through various ports.
Agree - but I can only assume he mentioned these times based on the other car brands he is currently receiving

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Agree - but I can only assume he mentioned these times based on the other car brands he is currently receiving
Maybe but it is clear the timeframes vary a lot between the ports and makers. The Asian makers are being more heavily impacted, as their cars are contaminated more.

INEOS is an unknown for the first shipments and my Dealer said they (the Dealer and INEOS) expected it to take longer because of that. I was talking earlier with an INEOS rep he did expect delays in the port.

Mine is a scheduled November delivery (theoretically) but in my mind I think more like Christmas. I will be happy if it is November.

Steveo

Global Grenadier #1009
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Although completely plausible, do we have a confirmed source for this campaign? I only heard of it in one of the FB groups.

Solmanic

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
That seems highly strange. Surely the vehicles are built AU compliant from the factory. They know where every vehicle's ultimate destination is as soon as they assign the VIN so I cannot believe they are needing that kind of remedial work after shipment.

One piece of info previously mentioned in this forum I got confirmed from a Cupra dealer is the fact that a lot of vehicles from many manufacturers are sitting for expended periods in the open awaiting loading (or batch and hold as in Ineos' case). Hence the increasing number of contaminated vehicles arriving here needing extra quarantine treatment.

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
At least that information did not change from when I looked at the Brandy Red Prototype 2 days ago. :ROFLMAO:

Back
Top Bottom