The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Australasia Grenadier Delivery & Wait Times in Australia.

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:22 AM
Reaction score
AUSTRALIA ONLY
INEOS Australia has stopped SOME deliveries in Australia.
It is airbag related and is caused by the software. EDIT: dealer has confirmed it affects only a certain VIN range (which I do not know but it covers mine 7719).

No car for me today. No delivery until the issue is fixed and there is no time-frame as yet. So delivery date is now whenever.

First a 3.5 week quarantine lockdown at Port Melbourne, then a stop on some deliveries on the day I was to take delivery. Never get in the same line as me!

FYI @Stu_Barnes , @Krabby
I hope not, mine is 7781 so too close for comfort

Shippa

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
AUSTRALIA ONLY
INEOS Australia has stopped SOME deliveries in Australia.
It is airbag related and is caused by the software. EDIT: dealer has confirmed it affects only a certain VIN range (which I do not know but it covers mine 7719).

No car for me today. No delivery until the issue is fixed and there is no time-frame as yet. So delivery date is now whenever.

First a 3.5 week quarantine lockdown at Port Melbourne, then a stop on some deliveries on the day I was to take delivery. Never get in the same line as me!

FYI @Stu_Barnes , @Krabby
I just rang dealer in Perth about an Airbag fault delaying delivery, my Vin is 7557, and he said he had heard nothing from IG or his service department. My car is due in 2 week in freo on the Thalatta. Hope it is all resolved by mid Feb!:D

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:22 AM
Reaction score
@TheDocAUS so, so sorry to hear that especially as you were due to get delivery about now. Do they have a fix yet?
I was supposed to get it today. No timeframe for the fix. I just know mine (7719) is affected, plus some others (which I assume will be contacted in due course by their dealer). It is a PITA.

Last edited:

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
That was 19hrs ago, last I looked it was on its way to Madagascar. Left Durban on the 31st.
The link I used says 1 minute ago. That link is using AIS data, from a land based station.

Morning Composer hang around Durban for a few days in the same location. So it maybe leaving not arriving. EDIT: data on left of screen tells you it is leaving. The Composer left the dock and then hung around outside the harbour for another 24 hours. Maybe R&R for the crew?

Last edited:

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The link I used says 1 minute ago. That link is using AIS data, from a land based station.

Morning Composer hang around Durban for a few days in the same location. So it maybe leaving not arriving. EDIT: data on left of screen tells you it leaving. The Composer left the dock and then hung around outside the harbour for another 24 hours. Maybe R&R for the crew?
Yeah, quite possibly a crew rotation, ETA still the 15th, so assuming it's still on schedule

Kilchoman

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:22 PM
Reaction score
Sailing time to Fremantle seems to be about 10 days(?) and I think Thalatta is booked to arrive in port in about 12 days.
I'm watching ARC Commitment due into Fisherman's Island in 2 days hence she is at anchor off Point Cartwright, so perhaps more of case of when is a ship booked to arrive.

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Yeah, quite possibly a crew rotation, ETA still the 15th, so assuming it's still on schedule
The schedule allows more days than required from Durban to Freemantle, the same thing happened with the Composer from Durban to Melbourne. The Composer arrived a day early in Melbourne even though it left Durban later than scheduled.

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Sailing time to Fremantle seems to be about 10 days(?) and I think Thalatta is booked to arrive in port in about 12 days.
I'm watching ARC Commitment due into Fisherman's Island in 2 days hence she is at anchor off Point Cartwright, so perhaps more of case of when is a ship booked to arrive.
Because I'm bored........................1706861476313.png

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The Thalatta should leave Durban before too long (probably overnight sometime). It will quickly move beyond AIS Ground Stations and you will not be able to see its precise location. Thalatta’s location will remain dark until it is picked up by AIS Ground Stations near Freemantle - unless you want to pay big dollars to see the satellite locations across the Indian Ocean.

Kilchoman

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:22 PM
Reaction score
Thalatta maybe on her way,
Edit. now out of AIS Ground sight so on her way!

Thalatta.png

I must be doing something wrong as I can't find her on the Fremantle vessel movement page?

Fremantle.png

Last edited:

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
No AIS ground data for the last 3 hour suggests it is out of range. It looks like the ship has left Durban. Now the trip across the Indian Ocean.

Last edited:

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Being Monday morning - any more updates about the delays regarding the airbag issues? @TheDocAUS
No. Trying not to phone the dealer but work on the fitout details. I was told last Friday I would be called when there was news.

After the fix is applied I should get the car roughly 24 hours later. The dealer needs to register the car and then do final cleaning/detailing.

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

LeftCoastOverland

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score