The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Australasia Grenadier Delivery & Wait Times in Australia.

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:06 AM
Reaction score
Just checked on the WW site and it says all the IG's due to arrive in freo on the Thalatta are loaded on the boat. Scheduled to depart Zeebrugge today
YAY!!! I hope.......I've been disappointed so many times I'm not getting too excited, my delivery month was initially April 2023

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:06 AM
Reaction score
The email for payment came today, INEOS must think the ship is still due in Port Kembla on 5 January, when it is still stuck in Port Melbourne. Going no where.

The online account finally gives a delivery date of February 2024.

At least I have time to work out why the Final Payment Invoice is wrong, the figures do not add up. Changing the exact figures, it shows a cost of $115,000 minus a deposit paid of $5,000 leaving a balance of $113,500 owing! They need a new calculator.
Turns out information was missing from the Invoice which explained the funny numbers. It has happened before according to my dealer, The balance payable was correct.

Tip for INEOS: do not put figures on the Final Invoice which are not correct on their face.

Car now paid for
I paid the balance of the car today. Just to get it out of the way. If you bank with CBA they can only DD up to $100,000 a day (no charge). I paid via SWIFT for the full amount and paid the $30 bank fee. With a SWIFT payment you can confirm it is going to INEOS. The SWIFT system verifies the payee (even though CBA make you sign off to say you carry the risk). I just wrote on the receipt SWIFT confirmed. I just took the Final Invoice to the Bank. There were lots of checks and balances, it took about 30 minutes after getting into the Manager's office.

Last edited:

baders

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
You can also request a temporary daily withdrawal limit increase at your bank. No fees at all and instant transfer. This was my method.

crimson

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Can someone please share a closeup picture of their Grenadier and front integrated winch? Mine didn't come with a winch hook, so trying to confirm what others in AU received. Thanks in advance 🙂

crimson

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Mine just had the loop in the rope - no hook.
Ok some here, thanks for confirming. I've read it's due to safety, and the preferred method to connect the rope would be either the soft or hard shackles. Need to do more reading and studying 😀.

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Can someone please share a closeup picture of their Grenadier and front integrated winch? Mine didn't come with a winch hook, so trying to confirm what others in AU received. Thanks in advance 🙂
As stated, it does not come with a hook.

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
You can also request a temporary daily withdrawal limit increase at your bank. No fees at all and instant transfer. This was my method.
With CBA the uplift was to $100,000 only. Plus I carry risk if I pay to the wrong account.

Wayneos

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The Tombarra docked in Port Melbourne today with my Grenadier on it.

Heres hoping there will be a few more other happy Grenadier owners in Melbourne soon too!

I was going to be one of them, the Gren I ordered is on that ship. So for anyone looking for a quick purchase, call the Melb agent.

For those picking up, enjoy fellas!

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The Tombarra docked in Port Melbourne today with my Grenadier on it.

Heres hoping there will be a few more other happy Grenadier owners in Melbourne soon too!
Well done.

Can the Tombarra tow my ship from Port Melbourne to Port Kembla? :) Mine has been stuck there two weeks now, at least 5 more days before it leaves.

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Just informed the Morning Composer has been under biosecurity quarantine in Port Melbourne, since 24 Dec. With any luck it will start to unload cars in Port Melbourne in the next few days, then on to Port Kembla sometime in 2024.:ROFLMAO:

EDIT: Then further delayed to 18 January, now it is 20 January for Post Kembla and counting. Lets see if we can make it nice round month, say 23 January in bio-security lockdown. It must be costing the shipping company a pretty penny. The cars have not been offloaded at Port Melbourne either, so INEOS owners from Melbourne have a New Years hang over as well.

I am keeping myself busy. Just received the Solar Screens for the INEOS.

Today I made a similar setup to this (from the Aust Owners FB page - Manus Hattingh). I fused the USB socket in my setup.

411883722_7948153808533861_8836695389760773039_n.jpg
410945574_7948153781867197_3016373103622796733_n.jpg
I bought a Baintech triple flashmount panel. I hope to move my rear cig socket into the panel and wire the other two from the Anderson plug. I made up the wiring today, then all I need to do is run a fused cable from the aux battery to the jack area and plug it together using Anderson plugs. My panel:
BTSAPPDUALUSBVOLTCIGAMain.png

Last edited:

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:06 AM
Reaction score
Ordered 20 May 2022....delivered today. So very happy
Congratulations! Did the kids already cut a hole in the roof above the boot area. Looks like they have taken command of the Grenadier. DaBull

IGL

GG #2697
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:06 PM
Reaction score
Update to post #2,429 and # 2,449

Hi all you waiting mates,

my loved wife and I wish you a healthy and exceptional in every respect new year 2024.

After 30 days now and again a total lack of communication from the dealer i phoned him this morning. I was told the following:

The good news is: Ineos was finally able to remotely diagnose the cause of the black screen: The ECU for the screen is defective.

The bad news is: Ineos is not able to supply a new ECU because they do not have a replacement ECU in stock. WHAT? Kidding?

It’s hard to believe, but dealer is not able to tell when we can pick up our Gren.

We get p*ssed, we’ve seen our Gren once but did not even sit in it, not to mention driving. And we have to pay tax and insurance and must carry the loss of value since registration. And warranty time is declining. We will not accept this for sure.

Our anticipation is sinking...:(

Kilchoman

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:06 PM
Reaction score
Am I imagining it but are delivery times getting worse? Ordered May, out of production mid November which I thought was really quite good but today still waiting for a boat. I have moved race cars in containers from UK the complete operation from order to arrival being 8 weeks max. I would have done better to buy 2nd hand here.

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Wait times are getting better, but INEOS cannot control shipping times, port delays and strikes. My ship has been under quarantine lock-down in Port Melbourne for the last 3 weeks and counting. It is a combination of things causing delays.

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Am I imagining it but are delivery times getting worse? Ordered May, out of production mid November which I thought was really quite good but today still waiting for a boat. I have moved race cars in containers from UK the complete operation from order to arrival being 8 weeks max. I would have done better to buy 2nd hand here.
I ordered November 2022, told April 2023, arriving....Feb 2024. The US took up production time (key to IA success according to Lynn Calder) hence delays. Mine sat for weeks at Zeebrugge.

Back
Top Bottom