The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Australasia Grenadier Delivery & Wait Times in Australia.

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:04 AM
Reaction score
Hi @MrMike From my reading of the timetable the Thalatta is due back in Zeebrugge on 5/1 and i guess they will load up our cars at that time. I reckon WW will send confirmations to IA and other customers when all vehicles are on board and boat ready to depart. Should be 7/1 as you say. Maybe a call on 8th or 9th. I won't hold my breath as I dont have a good record of responses from Magic. I expect a call when the money is due!
The Ship's Schedule is not that accurate. It can bounce all over the place, in my case by at least 3 weeks. My ship is stuck in Port Melbourne for an extended stay, it will make it to Port Kembla one day.

Shippa

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:04 AM
Reaction score
The Ship's Schedule is not that accurate. It can bounce all over the place, in my case by at least 3 weeks. My ship is stuck in Port Melbourne for an extended stay, it will make it to Port Kembla one day.
Lucky for us that the Thalatta only has a couple of stops in England & South Africa before Freo :D

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Lucky for us that the Thalatta only has a couple of stops in England & South Africa before Freo :D
That Schedule is almost identical to my ship, but mine missed Freo and did Melbourne and then Port Kembla.

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:04 PM
Reaction score
I’ve sent off an email this afternoon to IA customer service to ask for the status of the Flying Spanners and additional information.

If I’m going to get stuck properly due a ‘teething issue’ as we work through early adopter challenges (pre-production testers is what I see us at the moment) I’d like to know what options are available.

The way I see it, things that are crippling the vehicle at the moment are: cooling system, brake lines, speed sensors, and transfer case (off the top of my memory). I’ve had 1 of the 4, and I’m guessing the other 3 are going to pop up when I least want them to.
Regarding the flying spanner’s. I can’t vouch for them but Ineos did get me recovered from Khutse game reserve in Botswana when the Bowden cable siezed meaning I was stuck in low ratio with centre diff locked. That’s pretty impressive seeing as I was about 5500 miles from home. I was recovered to the NMI Ineos dealer in Gabarone who arranged the repair of the vehicle. That being said. I still want the service and repair relationship with Bosch to come to fruition, this would help massively when on world wide travels. I don’t think we’ve heard anything more about this yet.

OGrid

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Regarding the flying spanner’s. I can’t vouch for them but Ineos did get me recovered from Khutse game reserve in Botswana when the Bowden cable siezed meaning I was stuck in low ratio with centre diff locked. That’s pretty impressive seeing as I was about 5500 miles from home. I was recovered to the NMI Ineos dealer in Gabarone who arranged the repair of the vehicle. That being said. I still want the service and repair relationship with Bosch to come to fruition, this would help massively when on world wide travels. I don’t think we’ve heard anything more about this yet.
Yes, I’m rather positive on that front due to your good experience and result.

I’ve been meaning to ask you, in regards to that, do you mind if I ask which avenue you utilised to get that effective response? IA direct, dealer, road side assistance number, etc

I’m having an issue with the concept of IA adopting a direct to customer model but sends us to the dealer for many questions. A area I’m currently engaging with them in on Flying Spanners. Dealer gets a raw deal on this I be thinking with all these issues as well.

I’ll ask IA about Bosch relationship during the Flying Spanners follow up.

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:04 PM
Reaction score
Yes, I’m rather positive on that front due to your good experience and result.

I’ve been meaning to ask you, in regards to that, do you mind if I ask which avenue you utilised to get that effective response? IA direct, dealer, road side assistance number, etc

I’m having an issue with the concept of IA adopting a direct to customer model but sends us to the dealer for many questions. A area I’m currently engaging with them in on Flying Spanners. Dealer gets a raw deal on this I be thinking with all these issues as well.
This was a combination of me contacting Ineos Southern Africa in Cape Town where I met some of the guys when my vehicle was initially shipped to Africa and they checked it over for me before I started my journey. I also contacted Ineos Harwoods my dealer in U.K. and every single Ineos contact we had at Ineos HQ UK. It really was a case of try everybody and make a fuss. The Botswana National Park Authorities were very good also making contact with Ineos and the recovery contractors themselves. A joint effort utilising the National park skylink satellite internet. The result was positive and everyone very helpful and supportive. Contacts at Ineos Southern Africa and U.K. were so good. I can’t praise them more highly. collection was arranged within a couple of hours and we drove to the nearest tar road a couple of hours away. although getting the parts shipped and through customs in South Africa and then Botswana took longer than I would have liked. This was a learning process for Ineos as well I think. But a dedicated international emergency no would help.

OGrid

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
This was a combination of me contacting Ineos Southern Africa in Cape Town where I met some of the guys when my vehicle was initially shipped to Africa and they checked it over for me before I started my journey. I also contacted Ineos Harwoods my dealer in U.K. and every single Ineos contact we had at Ineos HQ UK. It really was a case of try everybody and make a fuss. The Botswana National Park Authorities were very good also making contact with Ineos and the recovery contractors themselves. A joint effort utilising the National park skylink satellite internet. The result was positive and everyone very helpful and supportive. Contacts at Ineos Southern Africa and U.K. were so good. I can’t praise them more highly. collection was arranged within a couple of hours and we drove to the nearest tar road a couple of hours away. although getting the parts shipped and through customs in South Africa and then Botswana took longer than I would have liked. This was a learning process for Ineos as well I think. But a dedicated international emergency no would help.
thanks

Max

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:04 PM
Reaction score
I’ve sent off an email this afternoon to IA customer service to ask for the status of the Flying Spanners and additional information.

If I’m going to get stuck properly due a ‘teething issue’ as we work through early adopter challenges (pre-production testers is what I see us at the moment) I’d like to know what options are available.

The way I see it, things that are crippling the vehicle at the moment are: cooling system, brake lines, speed sensors, and transfer case (off the top of my memory). I’ve had 1 of the 4, and I’m guessing the other 3 are going to pop up when I least want them to.
I received my 24mth roadside assistance letter 3 months after purchasing my Grenadier...it is fairly comprehensive...and good to see DCPU is keeping an eye on things...happy motoring

Attachments

• IMG_6707.jpg
    IMG_6707.jpg
    674.7 KB · Views: 18

LeftCoastOverland

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I received my 24mth roadside assistance letter 3 months after purchasing my Grenadier...it is fairly comprehensive...and good to see DCPU is keeping an eye on things...happy motoring
This was included with the purchase of the vehicle at no extra cost?

OGrid

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Thanks Max.

Unfortunately I had to engage roadside assistance on my first drive home after picking up my new vehicle.

I’ve had some good discussions (verbal) in the last 24hrs on Flying Spanners and remote breakdown response in general. Good, in that the discussions are occurring and people seems to be interested in feedback and how to move forward. When I get a little bit more solid info I’ll pass it on in this forum (I’m trying not to make it a Aus specific discussion with IA).

OGrid

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
In my chats today I raised MY24 and was told that MY24 is not a NA specific variant and that it is being delivered world-wide currently. It appears that NA is just getting it earlier due to logistics and some MY24 have even arrived in Aus recently.

Last edited:

Nocrays

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:04 AM
Reaction score
On occasions when I turn off the Grenadier the fan continues to run for a further 5/6 minutes. Im led to believe that this is a normal product and procedure for the BMW Diesel and that is a feature that is designed to expel heat from around the engine bay especially in hot climates. Anyone else having this situation?
Yep the diesel I'm driving does it on occasion. But it seems to happen at random.

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The Melbourne stay just extended another 4 days. They must be repairing the ship, it was moved from the RO RO wharf to the general freight wharf a few days ago.

It was originally arriving at Port Kembla 5 Jan, then 28 Dec, then 13 January now 17 January. January delivery is out, the original delivery date was November 2023.

Delays are more annoying when the ship off loads your car at the next stop, just over a days sailing time. And shipping schedules are not accurate, more of a guess than an accurate guide.

Disco Dave

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
The Melbourne stay just extended another 4 days. They must be repairing the ship, it was moved from the RO RO wharf to the general freight wharf a few days ago.

It was originally arriving at Port Kembla 5 Jan, then 28 Dec, then 13 January now 17 January. January delivery is out, the original delivery date was November 2023.

Delays are more annoying when the ship off loads your car at the next stop, just over a days sailing time. And shipping schedules are not accurate, more of a guess than an accurate guide.
Mine took over 3 weeks from dock to dealership, then of course the dealership had to go through its processes.

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The email for payment came today, INEOS must think the ship is still due in Port Kembla on 5 January, when it is still stuck in Port Melbourne. Going no where.

The online account finally gives a delivery date of February 2024.

At least I have time to work out why the Final Payment Invoice is wrong, the figures do not add up. Changing the exact figures, it shows a cost of $115,000 minus a deposit paid of $5,000 leaving a balance of $113,500 owing! They need a new calculator.

Last edited:

LeftCoastOverland

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The email for payment came today, INEOS must think the ship is still due in Port Kembla on 5 January, when it is still stuck in Port Melbourne. Going no where.

The online account finally gives a delivery date of February 2024.

At least I have time to work out why the Final Payment Invoice is wrong, the figures do not add up. Changing the exact figures, it shows a cost of $115,000 minus a deposit paid of $5,000 leaving a balance of $113,500 owing! They need a new calculator.
$113.5 is a good price! I’ll trade you for my $135!

Back
Top Bottom