The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Australasia Grenadier Delivery & Wait Times in Australia.

Kilchoman

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:26 PM
Reaction score
Wait times are getting better, but INEOS cannot control shipping times, port delays and strikes. My ship has been under quarantine lock-down in Port Melbourne for the last 3 weeks and counting. It is a combination of things causing delays.
I agree shipping is outside Ineos' control, so are a myriad of other things but it's the nett result that concerns me, I really don't care who's fault it is. I haven't shipped a container for over 10 years so they maybe as bad as RoRo's but being a passenger rather than the organiser is not a position I am used to. :(

p.s. I am not a control freak, ........honest!

Kilchoman

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Quote from Australian Associated Press, January 16 2024

Prime Minister Anthony Albanese has urged “good faith” discussions to resolve a dispute disrupting the nation’s busiest ports.

Amid fears the battle between Australia’s second biggest port operator DP World and the Maritime Union could continue to disrupt imports and exports, Industrial Relations Minister Tony Burke has agreed to meet with the company on Thursday morning following calls from the stevedore.

It’s estimated the protected industrial action, which has involved workers shutting down DP World’s terminals on certain days, has cost the economy tens of millions of dollars each week due to delays in loading and unloading shipping containers.

Mr Albanese said the company and the union should sit down to “sort this out”

I think I'm beginning to understand, so on top of insect contamination on some ships there are deliberate port delays so little wonder Grenadiers are stuck port side in Europe. What I would like is to quantify the likely increased delay to my order, hopefully not too long but as Joe Lycett said 'Hopefully' doth butter no parsnips!

OGrid

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:26 AM
Reaction score
I’ve had some good discussions (verbal) in the last 24hrs on Flying Spanners and remote breakdown response in general….When I get a little bit more solid info I’ll pass it on in this forum

What started out as a progressive conversation quickly went quiet. Unfortunate, though not surprising really.

Last comment was ‘yes it’s offered, contact IA customer support.’ ‘Ok…how do I do that?’. Crickets

I’m still pursuing.

Shippa

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:26 AM
Reaction score
I got a call from Melvin, from Magic in Perth, today to say my car is on a boat. I was pleasantly surprised! He said that it is scheduled in Freo on 16/2 with about 26 others to keep it company. He said to expect this batch to be delivered to owners in early March. From what I could see they are already a day late.

Wile E Coyote

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:26 AM
Reaction score
I got a call from Melvin, from Magic in Perth, today to say my car is on a boat. I was pleasantly surprised! He said that it is scheduled in Freo on 16/2 with about 26 others to keep it company. He said to expect this batch to be delivered to owners in early March. From what I could see they are already a day late.
I got the call yesterday. He was surprised when I said " yes I know, it has just sailed past Tenerife " 🤣

Kilchoman

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Wallenius Wilhelmsen do publish a sailing schedule and I wish I had found that earlier rather than assuming 'at anchor' meant yet another delay. Morning Composer is listed as due Durban 5th Dec, Melbourne 25th Dec and Port Kembla 19th Jan so it would seem to be on schedule due in today.
My earlier rant was not justified!

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Wallenius Wilhelmsen do publish a sailing schedule and I wish I had found that earlier rather than assuming 'at anchor' meant yet a delay. Morning Composer is listed as due Durban 5th Dec, Melbourne 25th Dec and Port Kembla 19th Jan so it would seem to be on schedule due in today.
FYI, that schedule for Morning Composer is not accurate. I was watching it from Tenerife and the days can be up to a few days out - even taking into account they are using UTC/GMT time.

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Morning Composer is hitched to the tugboats Bass and Flinders and will shortly moor at the RO RO wharf at Port Kembla. EDIT: it is now moored.

My chasis number is 7719.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom