The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Australasia Grenadier Delivery & Wait Times in Australia.

Sam

Grenadier Owner
Local time
10:34 AM
Reaction score
I cant find a price list online... and the configurator is a little inconclusive. Previous price rise I worked out my spec at 139k and now showing as 140k... is the reporter confused?

*if true* I think it means:

- a load of people driving a Grenadier who wouldn't now be considering this an option (me included)
- another period of grieving, for those yet to order, as they come to terms
- re-intensified discussion on here comparing pricing to G wagon/ Landcruiser/ Jeep YeeHaw etc etc
- you snooze you lose

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:34 PM
Reaction score
With inflation out of control and the dollar going down, it is not that surrising. Glad I bought when I did.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Reactions: Sam

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
As @Tazzieman said this is old, maybe Drive have run out ideas to write about this week?
With the exception of Robert Pepper , journalists are a lazy bunch. Who can't spell.
A mate of mine reckons the best way to get something into the paper is to write the article yourself and supply photos.

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
3:34 AM
Reaction score
I cant find a price list online... and the configurator is a little inconclusive. Previous price rise I worked out my spec at 139k and now showing as 140k... is the reporter confused?

*if true* I think it means:

- a load of people driving a Grenadier who wouldn't now be considering this an option (me included)
- another period of grieving, for those yet to order, as they come to terms
- re-intensified discussion on here comparing pricing to G wagon/ Landcruiser/ Jeep YeeHaw etc etc
- you snooze you lose
At $140K, you would really need to consider if this vehicle is 'right' for you and as its generally still untested long term, then, you would have to be aware that long-term risk will arise, resale could be poor, defects may arise, parts or company reliability could faulter etc. I figure in Oz, at anything up at $140K, it opens up the 'near new' GRSport/2018 model G Wagons/etc etc which are going to be cheaper than a new GREN by some.

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Those are the last lot (ie second) of increases from some time back.

Drive seem to be very much Chinese vehicle focused of late so it doesn’t surprise me that they haven’t done their homework on the IG.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
in Oz, at anything up at $140K, it opens up the 'near new' GRSport/2018 model G Wagons/etc etc which are going to be cheaper than a new GREN by some.
And service costs?
Entry price for exotic cars may seem reasonable , then you get the eye watering bills rolling in. And the vehicles end up on the 2nd and 3rd hand market , with deferred maintenance and it's all downhill from there.

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
At $140K, you would really need to consider if this vehicle is 'right' for you and as its generally still untested long term, then, you would have to be aware that long-term risk will arise, resale could be poor, defects may arise, parts or company reliability could faulter etc. I figure in Oz, at anything up at $140K, it opens up the 'near new' GRSport/2018 model G Wagons/etc etc which are going to be cheaper than a new GREN by some.
you mention G Wagens, I did consider a G Professional, but after a drive it was a firm no from me. Too slow, too noisy.

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
3:34 AM
Reaction score
And service costs?
Entry price for exotic cars may seem reasonable , then you get the eye watering bills rolling in. And the vehicles end up on the 2nd and 3rd hand market , with deferred maintenance and it's all downhill from there.
Like those that buy Audi/Merc - the luxury car isn't really that luxury after a few years and are half the price.

Sam

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
So I was right! About the re-opening of old debates at least.

But the article seems to be erroneous (or out-of-date info re-hashed as news).

For the record I also think one price rise in a year is about all that any car company can reasonably get away with...

Shippa

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
It would appear that there is another price rise so what does that mean for those already delivered?

Just a thought!

If you ordered before Nov 2022 then pricing is locked in! If ordering after this it appears to be that when you sign your contract, this locks the price as specified in the contract. I dont agree that the article is a rehash of the price rise announced in November last year. They are quoting Trialmaster and Fieldmaster versions at $123000. Add some options, GST and onroads (state $ dependant) and you will be at $160000+.

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Spare a thought for potential customers resident in the Netherlands. "Prelude", a regular contributor to the Australian LR forum www.aulro.com has advised that a Trialmaster is close to 195k Euros (Aud$300k +!!) including some 95k Euros in additional taxes! A 125k Euro Range Rover is close to 250k Euro due to said taxes...
I am grateful for small mercies!

Krabby

Global Grenadier 76
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:34 PM
Reaction score
Spare a thought for potential customers resident in the Netherlands. "Prelude", a regular contributor to the Australian LR forum www.aulro.com has advised that a Trialmaster is close to 195k Euros (Aud$300k +!!) including some 95k Euros in additional taxes! A 125k Euro Range Rover is close to 250k Euro due to said taxes...
I am grateful for small mercies!
The price of the Gren itself is not too far off the mark, but the on-road cost there (with taxes and fees) is insane. Not as bad as Singapore, but still a bit crazy.

Davman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The article states that the price rise was back in July, but no car site reported on it, so they are reporting on it now.
Old news indeed, but Drive is obviously looking for some news content.

Sam

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
They are quoting Trialmaster and Fieldmaster versions at $123000. Add some options, GST and onroads (state $ dependant) and you will be at $160000+.
Yes but if you actually do this - on the actual Aus configurator that the article claims to have got its information from - you get an on-the-road of 140k

Mumblepants

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hi,

Has been a while since I have been a contributor of sorts but......

Collected mine from Purnell Adventure, Sydney (huge shout out to Alex and Nate who have been amazing in responding to issues etc) about 6 weeks ago but not had time to share sorry.

Signed up very early and placed the required deposit as well not long after the Ineos Portal allowed a deposit to be made.

I also had issues with contract pricing (which took sometime to fix between Ineos UK, Ineos AUS and Purnell) and the Ineos portal has still not moved on to "In Production" but clearly it has been!

Optioned up a utility wagon in Shale Blue.

Amazing car and has been everything I would have expected. A few software "glitches" that have been mentioned many times, like inaccurate fuel but mechanically fantastic and well assembled thats for sure.

I had the tyres turned around not long after this picture was taken and the guys who did it were very impressed with the IG, after needing ti sit in it to move it around they asked was it a road going "tank". The overhead switches literally blew them away!

The 2 chocolate labs are nearly 10 years old and clearly love the new transportation (sorry but this pic is probably int he wrong thread)

Only thing added so far is a Frontrunner rear table purchased during the Black Friday special, quite a bit cheaper than the OEM table and the only real disadvantage is that the rear door section that housed the safety kit (which has now been relocated under the drivers seat next to the tool kit) is now not able to be opened.

I guess it could come off and provide a narrow storage area of sorts. I used the original fixing points by drilling new holes in the FR frame (a great suggestion I picked up from the forum, sorry but I can't remember who that was) and so it wouldn't take much to remove and return to original spec as such. Just had to make sure that the timber extension table passed over the rear door locking mechanism (and the FR table does have that advantage over the OEM table in that it has an extension table. More later I guess.
I was going to ask where you got the molle for your window then realised it was a trellis 😂

I’m currently going through the finance requirements of what’s provided on the Ineos invoice vs what finance actually require. (no MY, no Odometer, no this no that)
The mismatch of figures on the contract. Well that’s a different ticket number, have been back and forth with Ineos, dealer and finance… since the start of November. all over $19… 🤦🏻‍♂️

although I did get an email saying my roof racks were ready (didn’t order them) and the amount was $6,000 less than the original contract..

I guess on the plus side she’s sitting at the dealer all ready.

James

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
If you ordered before Nov 2022 then pricing is locked in! If ordering after this it appears to be that when you sign your contract, this locks the price as specified in the contract. I dont agree that the article is a rehash of the price rise announced in November last year. They are quoting Trialmaster and Fieldmaster versions at $123000. Add some options, GST and onroads (state $ dependant) and you will be at $160000+.
Steady! The trial/fieldmasters already have many options on them, and that price Includes gst. On-roads are in the region of 6k. It is reqsonably easy to hit 140, but the winch is the only really big cost left after that, not sure how you could hit 160.
last time I checked, the on road for a 300 series gr sport was over 150k.
I dont love the price, of any of these cars… lets hope they keep their value well, and look after us the way we look after them!

Back
Top Bottom