The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Australasia Grenadier Delivery & Wait Times in Australia.

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:39 PM
Reaction score
One presumes this is rather a temporary, practical measure to ease a bottleneck of vehicles occuring at the agent. What you’re proposing is to basically wait until the risk of bottleneck eases: a tradeoff between a bit of risk and having the vehicle delivered sooner versus no risk and waiting a while longer.

Like with any risk acceptance, there is no right answer that applies to all, as appetite/priorities will vary. I’d rather have the vehicle and move to the next phase of ownership.
My initial position was that I wouldn’t pay until I saw the thing in the flesh, but knowing that 20 were arriving at the agent at once and that the delivery was already delayed by a month at ports the impatience got the better of me and I paid before it even got off the boat. Mine was one of the first of that batch delivered and the agent told me the early payment was the key factor in that. Depends on your patience. Tazzieman is the opposite lesson, he paid and it looked like it had paid off but then issues with the car meant he had no car and no cash 🤷‍♂️

Local time
Reaction score
Holy crap - who put those on???
I really hope that is a temporary solution as you can still see the factory original round indent. The final fitting is meant to have the grey plastic mount replaced with one that is shaped to the cat6 indicator.

This is how they are supposed to look...
View attachment 7828113

Good to know, I just took a look at what mine has on it today and the above is much neater.

Still, I waiting near 3 months with the car at the dealer so would have been happy with them stuck on with chewing gum if it meant I got my car.

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
7:39 AM
Reaction score
My initial position was that I wouldn’t pay until I saw the thing in the flesh, but knowing that 20 were arriving at the agent at once and that the delivery was already delayed by a month at ports the impatience got the better of me and I paid before it even got off the boat. Mine was one of the first of that batch delivered and the agent told me the early payment was the key factor in that. Depends on your patience. Tazzieman is the opposite lesson, he paid and it looked like it had paid off but then issues with the car meant he had no car and no cash 🤷‍♂️
When mine has all components installed, ready, software updated and tested, and I have viewed, then I pay.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
When mine has all components installed, ready, software updated and tested, and I have viewed, then I pay.
How many columns and cells in your xls spreadsheet checklist?

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Ha! It's not finished yet!!!! The fact it won't print on an A3 is annoying... in 8 points.
The more you find wrong the longer before you drive. Check that starter motor lead orientation. Dealer won't.

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
The more you find wrong the longer before you drive. Check that starter motor lead orientation. Dealer won't.
Check the truck has fuel... sure as sh** FB Marketplace sellers won't give you one!

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I had similar feedback re. payment being a factor in the quick release of the vehicle to the dealer.

Nocrays

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:39 PM
Reaction score

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I had similar feedback re. payment being a factor in the quick release of the vehicle to the dealer.

Picked up my Grenadier last Friday, all I can say is that the wait is worth it ... this is a stonking good car !!
and I think it will grow even more on you.

The only downside I am finding (and it's starting to get on my nerves) are the number of people coming up and wanting to talk to me about it & iphone it.

I wonder if I should put a small notice in the passenger window?

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
The only downside I am finding (and it's starting to get on my nerves) are the number of people coming up and wanting to talk to me about it & iphone it.

Make up some old fashioned postcards and sell 'em!
Or find something else to flog and park outside Bunnings on a Saturday.

Solmanic

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Us early adopters should get some kind of marketing kickback from Ineos.

More if we drive around with our vehicles properly dirty.

tnkatoy

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
and I think it will grow even more on you.

Most are seeing it for the first time and it is imposingly impressive, so it does generate a interest and questions, but everyone has been respectful and considerate, so I'm happy to promote the car and put peoples uncertainty to rest, especially those who have been following the build process.

A brief history of the car in the window is probably a good idea though, it' would save a lot of the 'what is it' questions and repeating the Sir Jim Ratcliffe story yet again ..... or maybe a bunch of brochures in a sleeve - Solmanic might be onto something here !!

What I'm surprised with is the number of old Defender owners who give me a wave as we pass, there seems to have been willing acceptance of the Grenadier as the rightful successor, or maybe they just mistake it for a modified Defender 🤣🤣.

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Make up some old fashioned postcards and sell 'em!
Or find something else to flog and park outside Bunnings on a Saturday.
rival sausage sizzle maybe? (fyi Bunnings is the worst, full of tradies and men borrowing the wife's SUV/4WD)

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Most are seeing it for the first time and it is imposingly impressive, so it does generate a interest and questions, but everyone has been respectful and considerate, so I'm happy to promote the car and put peoples uncertainty to rest, especially those who have been following the build process.

A brief history of the car in the window is probably a good idea though, it' would save a lot of the 'what is it' questions and repeating the Sir Jim Ratcliffe story yet again ..... or maybe a bunch of brochures in a sleeve - Solmanic might be onto something here !!

What I'm surprised with is the number of old Defender owners who give me a wave as we pass, there seems to have been willing acceptance of the Grenadier as the rightful successor, or maybe they just mistake it for a modified Defender 🤣🤣.
Totally.

Old defer guys are all over it, all love it (to my face anyway) but 70 series owners seem more circumspect (I would love one, can't afford it but not to worry because my car is an Aussie icon)

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Old defer guys are all over it, all love it (to my face anyway) but 70 series owners seem more circumspect (I would love one, can't afford it but not to worry because my car is an Aussie icon)
Has anyone parroted the "but it's got a BMW engine <groan>" comment?

Back
Top Bottom