The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Australasia Grenadier Delivery & Wait Times in Australia.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
4:41 PM
Reaction score
Just for the record , the early adoption $ saving pays for the de-lay

Reserved 14.10.21, Ordered 18.5.22
Contract signed 14.3.23
Found out in May car was actually built January and in "batch and hold"

Phone call to say car would be "here" end of July 23

99.7% funds transferred 31.8.23,

Phone call to say pickup car Sept 7. Insurance paid, lump sum.
Phone call to say error code on test drive Sept 7
Saw car in person Sept 8; told about leak into glovebox , "drain issue"
Today is Sept 29.
Called agent : "awaiting sunroof drains." No ETA.

Quicker for me to fly to Europe and pick up some drains? Farken!
Honeywell used to quote ridiculous lead times and prices for delivery to Australia.
I recall back in Launceston in 1990 Comalco Bell Bay needed a Honeywell Purple Peeper for a breakdown.
Honeywell Australia quoted 20 weeks delivery
A Comalco employee flew first class to Houston, purchased 2 off a Honeywell distributor, over the counter cash sale, for less than 1 in Australia.
He flew straight back.
Only sleep he had was on the plane which was the reason they flew him first class.
Took him 3 days round trip from memory

1695879645522.png

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Honey , well the car is now F/S

Mules

Grenadier Owner
Local time
4:11 PM
Reaction score
Good luck with it Mules!
The roads through the Brindabellas begging for attention !!😊
Many thanks Denis! Hope you're happy with yours?

Yes keen to head to the Brindies - last time we attempted a visit in the Landy she didn't want to start again to come back down it was so cold. Very much looking forward to taking the panzer up there.

Incidentally, during this marathon wait for the truck our family is growing from 4 to 6, rendering us one seat short! It's legal to strap a child to the roof right? I assume that's what the load strips and tie downs are for?

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Well mine finally arrived at the Canberra agent this week (without having made any payment to release it from port!?).

Looks like it's spent 9 months sitting outside enjoying the European weather... oh wait, it has!

VIN 0011XX

Sincerely hope any other early hand raisers lay eyes on their steeds soon.
Oh, yours is even earlier than ours @Mules. I’ll be curious to see how it’s handled the wait.
Some progress is reported with our vehicle now at the dealership anticipating a handover next week.

Mules

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Oh, yours is even earlier than ours @Mules. I’ll be curious to see how it’s handled the wait.
Some progress is reported with our vehicle now at the dealership anticipating a handover next week.
@globalgregors every chance you'll take home yours before we do, we are also due to pick up next week but managing expectations as a learned habit!

It was those little things - minor corrosion on a couple of bolts, on the axle ends etc... something odd happening with a small section of the rear door/roof panel (which the good agent is seeking to resolve). Honestly it just needed a good wash and I'd be happy, smile on the face either way. Curious as to what you find also?

Shopkeep

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
So Carindale is one of those suburbs ... besides, Ineos knows the address when the contract is prepared, so the payment terms should be consistent with the contract.

The logic still doesn't make sense though, if the car isn't paid for what were they going to do, load it back onto another boat and return it? it would make more sense to sell it in the Aussie market.
Don't pay until you have confirmation the vehicle is in the dealers hands, PDI done with all mods/updates completed and vehicle is ready to rock 'n roll.

The idea that they will hold them at a port and not complete customs until payment is a furphy, Ineos pay fees for every day a vehicle is held in port and it is much cheaper to get the dealer to hold them on their lot for free (hence why the dealer is eager have everything in place to minimise his holding time & therefor costs).

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Don't pay until you have confirmation the vehicle is in the dealers hands, PDI done with all mods/updates completed and vehicle is ready to rock 'n roll.

The idea that they will hold them at a port and not complete customs until payment is a furphy, Ineos pay fees for every day a vehicle is held in port and it is much cheaper to get the dealer to hold them on their lot for free (hence why the dealer is eager have everything in place to minimise his holding time & therefor costs).
One presumes this is rather a temporary, practical measure to ease a bottleneck of vehicles occuring at the agent. What you’re proposing is to basically wait until the risk of bottleneck eases: a tradeoff between a bit of risk and having the vehicle delivered sooner versus no risk and waiting a while longer.

Like with any risk acceptance, there is no right answer that applies to all, as appetite/priorities will vary. I’d rather have the vehicle and move to the next phase of ownership.

Ineos4

Grenadier Owner
Local time
1:41 AM
Reaction score
That is late, mine was 120x and I got mine at end of May.
Well mine finally arrived at the Canberra agent this week (without having made any payment to release it from port!?).

Looks like it's spent 9 months sitting outside enjoying the European weather... oh wait, it has!

VIN 0011XX

Sincerely hope any other early hand raisers lay eyes on their steeds soon.
That is slow, my vin was 120# and got it at end of May.

Shopkeep

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
One presumes this is rather a temporary, practical measure to ease a bottleneck of vehicles occuring at the agent. What you’re proposing is to basically wait until the risk of bottleneck eases: a tradeoff between a bit of risk and having the vehicle delivered sooner versus no risk and waiting a while longer.

Like with any risk acceptance, there is no right answer that applies to all, as appetite/priorities will vary. I’d rather have the vehicle and move to the next phase of ownership.
If my interactions with my dealer were consistently of a high quality then I probably would have a more relaxed attitude to making final payment. Unfortunately each and every touchpoint has been lacking, so happy to wait until I know the vehicle has been processed correctly and is ready to go.

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
If my interactions with my dealer were consistently of a high quality then I probably would have a more relaxed attitude to making final payment. Unfortunately each and every touchpoint has been lacking, so happy to wait until I know the vehicle has been processed correctly and is ready to go.
Indeed, which is of course reasonable and totally understandable. My view is that even then one remains vulnerable to commissioning issues overlooked/unexposed in the pre-delivery preparation, so may as well accelerate to exposing that.

It’s Shrödingers Cat, in my case I’d rather open the box asap to discover if puss needs a new transfer box etc.

Whatever happens, best of luck with your delivery!

Mules

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
That is late, mine was 120x and I got mine at end of May.

That is slow, my vin was 120# and got it at end of May.
Really didn't want to hear that @Ineos4 !

Guess yours didn't have the faulty door handle or whatever it was that justified the epic delay.

Ineos4

Grenadier Owner
Local time
1:41 AM
Reaction score
It did, see the photos I posted yesterday of the warranty service. Different circumstances getting my ineos, and for that I'm grateful to ineos Australia, they pulled out all the stops to get car to us early, and I think they would have preferred to give a perfect one. The wait will be worth it, and you will really take 10-15 mins more every time U get a.coffee showing people the car. We should be getting a commission, not one person who I've shown to, has said a negative, it's wow, that's amazing, so we'll thought out. The amazed 'joy' when u say look up and they see the overhead, it's like Christmas for an adult!

OGrid

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Has anyone got any evidence... anecdotal or otherwise, of this actually having happened? Are Ineos even allowed to do this (since the local dealer doesn't own the car)?

Based on the last 18 months reading, I'm not handing over any payment until I see the vehicle in front of me, PDI-approved. Then i'll make payment and wait a few days to clear before pickup.

This is a $5k-deposit hill that I'm prepared to die on.
I’m in agreement and intend on doing the same.

Mules

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
It did, see the photos I posted yesterday of the warranty service. Different circumstances getting my ineos, and for that I'm grateful to ineos Australia, they pulled out all the stops to get car to us early, and I think they would have preferred to give a perfect one. The wait will be worth it, and you will really take 10-15 mins more every time U get a.coffee showing people the car. We should be getting a commission, not one person who I've shown to, has said a negative, it's wow, that's amazing, so we'll thought out. The amazed 'joy' when u say look up and they see the overhead, it's like Christmas for an adult!
Looks like I've some catching up to do - I've been in a void for months..

Awesome feedback & sounds like we'll need to factor in a little extra time on the coffee run!

James

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Many thanks Denis! Hope you're happy with yours?

Yes keen to head to the Brindies - last time we attempted a visit in the Landy she didn't want to start again to come back down it was so cold. Very much looking forward to taking the panzer up there.

Incidentally, during this marathon wait for the truck our family is growing from 4 to 6, rendering us one seat short! It's legal to strap a child to the roof right? I assume that's what the load strips and tie downs are for?
Use the door l-track for kids. You can see and feed them through the window, much better.

Greg

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
From the Morning Lena maybe.
I hope they are unloading there and shipping around the country instead of waiting weeks to get into the Port of Melbourne...

If that was the case, the Scottish White one without the raised air intake in the middle of the line could be mine...

But probably not, and i will have the agonising wait watching it do laps just off the coast of Port Phillip Bay before doing the same at the port of Brisbane.

Back
Top Bottom